Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone,
Here is the setup from Björn Brockmann, winner of the 17.5 class at lrp touring car masters.
Greets
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DETC410-img-20150202-wa0000.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Raced Night.

Had some success, thought I would share.

We Race a tight carpet track and my rear end was slipping all over the place in practice.
Took another racers suggestion (he is sorta the setup guru around here), we removed the Rear Sway bar completely, set the rear shocks tops all the way in and front shock tops all the way out (he also wanted to replace the Springs, Hard in Front, Soft in the rear but we didn't have time).
Car become WAY more planted and only when I really floored it did the rear step out on me.
Was put in the A main Qualifiers (really should have been in the Bs, I am a rookie) but was able to put down respectable time despite having to move aside for the faster racers and managed 5th (out of 6).
My position got me bumped down to the B-Main, and much to my complete amazement I got 2nd Place, which got me bumped back up to the A-main.....Where I was doing ok till my battery died after about 20 laps.

Overall I am really pleased with the car. Nothing Broke, It handled well, and I was happy with the results.

I strongly suggest a Parma Hard bumper and Front gear if your on a tight track. The bumper has probably saved me quite a few bucks and the gears just give me great speed out of the corners.

Figure I will have this car perfectly dialed in....just as the indoor season finishes and outdoor off-road begins
Old 02-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi thought I would share my thoughts on this car

I have been running it now for just over a month. The build of the car was quite good, I did read through this thread to see what issues people where having with this car and took some steps in the build to help alleviate those foreseen problems

So the steps I took was to replace all the plastic spacers with Ali ones, pre threaded all the plastic to stop the stressing you get when using the screw to do this and glued in the cut outs in the front bumper.

As I race in the Modified class running a TX 4.5t orca set up, I changed out the spool out drives to the steal ones as I know from other cars that the track we race on is very aggressive on front ends. The track has a 60m front straight which leads into a 10° banked sweeper. I did try the front ali shafts but after 10 runs they had started to elongate at the joint so changed to the steal.

I put the low asphalt setup to start out as the track can be dusty and is a bit bumpy. I have slowly tried some of the option parts and settled with running the split block front and rear of the car.

Overall I’m very pleased with the car, I have had some teeth issues but I do expect that with any new car as the settle down and you get into a routine with them.

I am currently working on resolving a front drive shaft issue I’m having with the car but this is one more specific to the track I race on being the 60m straight into the banked sweeper. I am looking at two options, first is to put a diff in the front to help reduce the bind and the second is to replace the dcj’s with ones from Roche. The second is the approach I’m currently taking, I have found the drive shafts for the VBC DO6/7 from Roche fit but require the spool out drives to be changed. I’m currently waiting on the Radtech T4 outdrive to arrive as I believe these should do the job.

Thanks and hope to contribute more to this thread.

The track I race on
Old 02-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crowbo74
Yup Tyler it works good. It gives you a little better turn in than a spool but still pulls hard off the corner without spinning the inside tire so easy when it's unloaded coming off a tight corner. Also you don't have to worry about it leaking like diff grease if it's not sealed good. Kinda like running a really tight ball diff.
I always wondered about this... So instead of putting putty, then why not just run a ball diff that's tightened up a little more than usual?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Gear diff

Originally Posted by theclutch
I always wondered about this... So instead of putting putty, then why not just run a ball diff that's tightened up a little more than usual?
In my opinion the gear diff is more reliable. Whith the ball diff, it wears the rings and loosens up over time. If you have a good sealed gear dif, it stays consistent whether you use putty, ear plugs, or oil.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

hi , somebody know if theres a new detc 410 v2 coming or new options ?? thank you.
good car
Old 02-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Javier Bas
hi , somebody know if theres a new detc 410 v2 coming or new options ?? thank you.
good car
I've only heard that they are making new harder composite parts.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default agree

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I think its safe to say the Team Durango car is belt driven. lol..Not knocking shaft drive cars, but i think it was a "safe" choice.
Yes.. I agree with you
Old 02-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thank you.,,,
Old 02-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My Durango DETC410 for sale :-

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...uring-car.html
Old 02-21-2015, 03:46 AM
Tech Rookie

morning all. its probably been mentioned some where in the 68 pages, but last night i bent a rear camber link, so i would like to upgrade to titanium or another alternative, and while im at it would like to upgrade the ball cups to get rid of some of the slop.

so can anyone recommend me turnbuckles and ball cups. links would be appreciated

many thanks
Old 02-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Mick. seen the car was based on the Yokomo I would start there.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bmans5
Raced Night.

Had some success, thought I would share.

We Race a tight carpet track and my rear end was slipping all over the place in practice.
Took another racers suggestion (he is sorta the setup guru around here), we removed the Rear Sway bar completely, set the rear shocks tops all the way in and front shock tops all the way out (he also wanted to replace the Springs, Hard in Front, Soft in the rear but we didn't have time).
Car become WAY more planted and only when I really floored it did the rear step out on me.
Was put in the A main Qualifiers (really should have been in the Bs, I am a rookie) but was able to put down respectable time despite having to move aside for the faster racers and managed 5th (out of 6).
My position got me bumped down to the B-Main, and much to my complete amazement I got 2nd Place, which got me bumped back up to the A-main.....Where I was doing ok till my battery died after about 20 laps.

Overall I am really pleased with the car. Nothing Broke, It handled well, and I was happy with the results.

I strongly suggest a Parma Hard bumper and Front gear if your on a tight track. The bumper has probably saved me quite a few bucks and the gears just give me great speed out of the corners.

Figure I will have this car perfectly dialed in....just as the indoor season finishes and outdoor off-road begins
Thanks for sharing this setup, very intersting i will need to try this. Now you know to start a race on a full charge

What front gear are you refering to?
Old 02-23-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by micksid
morning all. its probably been mentioned some where in the 68 pages, but last night i bent a rear camber link, so i would like to upgrade to titanium or another alternative, and while im at it would like to upgrade the ball cups to get rid of some of the slop.

so can anyone recommend me turnbuckles and ball cups. links would be appreciated

many thanks
I have not bent any camber links only steering and have upgraded those to titianium.

as for ball cups, switch to Tamiya balls and cups and no more issues! super tight and resistance.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i finally got a full race weekend w/ the Durango in usgt trim. overall the car ran good. I broke two front plastic spool outdrives. totally my fault. I hit very hard trying to avoid traffic. I bent an aluminum steering link also. other than that, the car ran well when the driver wasn't running into stuff. finished third in the b main. I'm happy with that considering it was my first real outing w/ the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.