Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Jay, do you have any DB12r sticker sheets made up? I had 2 that came with the kit, but spilt some beer on them Didn't see any in the price list.

Ben

Hey ben,

Yes we do. I will try to get them on the site today
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BSchorr
How come 172mm rear width is so special? is that the minimum spec width at a big race or something? what if you went shorter?
172mm is ideal for alot of track conditions being that the wider you make the car in the rear the more stable it is. As you narrow it up, It will increase rear traction and make it harder for the car to rotate(more edgy in a sense). In most conditions we are finding that the wider the better. 172mm it the limit by roar rules that you can go
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
What's the ideal position in the motor pod?

Front, Middle or Back?

Does it affect the handling as much as moving the batteries for & aft?
It doesnt have nearly as much of an effect as battery position being that the pod is mostly stationary with the exception to pod compression in the bumps and the gryo effect created when you get on throttle. It is not something you will have much control over either. It is more of a gearing capability thing.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jason have you tried testing the DB12R with a thicker\stiffer chassis? Like a 2.8mm to 3mm chassis for example. If so, what were your findings?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Lord

We did try a thicker 3mm chassis. It did work good on carpet but was not better than the 2.5mm. They both did yield the same lap times unless we ran stock.In stock the car was a little slower with the 3mm chassis. On asphalt the car was slower with the thicker chassis so we decided that the 2.5mm was the overall better chassis.The added weight of the 3mm chassis and components didnt add enough performance. On high bite carpet we have now found that thicker dampening is required so we are testing a new part that stiffens the car in the rear a bit to help with that. Testing has gone well so i can expect to start production early this coming week.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Like Jason said...don't get hung up on the thicker chassis is better idea. The IIC Mod class was won by a car with a 2mm chassis under insane traction conditions this year.

We did a lot of testing on 2, 2.25, 2.5 and 3mm chassis on asphalt and carpet and the 2.5 wasn't just a conpromise for both its was the BEST for both surfaces. This was proven both in laptimes and driver feel.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
On high bite carpet we have now found that thicker dampening is required so we are testing a new part that stiffens the car in the rear a bit to help with that. Testing has gone well so i can expect to start production early this coming week.
As always, put me down for 2.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We did try a thicker 3mm chassis. It did work good on carpet but was not better than the 2.5mm. They both did yield the same lap times unless we ran stock.In stock the car was a little slower with the 3mm chassis. On asphalt the car was slower with the thicker chassis so we decided that the 2.5mm was the overall better chassis.The added weight of the 3mm chassis and components didnt add enough performance. On high bite carpet we have now found that thicker dampening is required so we are testing a new part that stiffens the car in the rear a bit to help with that. Testing has gone well so i can expect to start production early this coming week.
J, any idea when my order will go out? A couple of people are bugging me already for some parts in that order...
Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason,

are you planning on making some Castor Blocks in alloy?

If so I'd like to see them in BMI satin grey, similar to the IRS ones so you can just undo the 4 screws and change between 5 & 10 degrees without the need to change the castor blocks

IRS items
I will be sending some parts out for anodizing so if you like i can have dave send me an set that is not anodized and put them in with my order
Jason,

did you get the above sorted for me?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
J, any idea when my order will go out? A couple of people are bugging me already for some parts in that order...
Give keira a call and let us know what you need because the order is waiting on the new brace
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

Jason,

did you get the above sorted for me?
I will be sending an order out this coming week. If you need anything sent with it,now is a good time to send it to me
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Like Jason said...don't get hung up on the thicker chassis is better idea. The IIC Mod class was won by a car with a 2mm chassis under insane traction conditions this year.

We did a lot of testing on 2, 2.25, 2.5 and 3mm chassis on asphalt and carpet and the 2.5 wasn't just a conpromise for both its was the BEST for both surfaces. This was proven both in laptimes and driver feel.
Thanks for the feedback. Just wondering where to squeak out a couple more tenths.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Thanks for the feedback. Just wondering where to squeak out a couple more tenths.
Practice. Like most of us could use.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On high bite carpet we have now found that thicker dampening is required so we are testing a new part that stiffens the car in the rear a bit to help with that. Testing has gone well so i can expect to start production early this coming week. [/QUOTE]

Are you making a cross brace for the rear damper mounts?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Lord

It is a new set of side wings with a cross brace incorperated into it. The Wings and brace are all one piece. This is going to be an option part for high bite being that the car works best on lower to medium bite and asphalt with the stock side wings. On higher bite where we really need to use the heavy dampening and free up the rear, this new brace accomodates these conditions. The brace will be the same price as the stock wings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.