Search
Like Tree1Likes

RB Engine Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Will a Nova SCT crank drop into my TJ10?
No. It is not compatible.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Grinder
No. It is not compatible.
Beside the timings, is it the crankpin making the difference or is the whole dimension of the crank different?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Beside the timings, is it the crankpin making the difference or is the whole dimension of the crank different?
The Sct is 11.9mm, and the tj10 is 11.5mm. Also the Sct is long stroke, and the tj10 is short stroke. The crankpin on the Sct is further from center than the Tj10.

I have used the 11.5 long stroke crank from the +12-3ct in the tj10. It works, but makes too much displacement to be legal for racing. The larger diameter short stroke piston with the long stroke crank. It was quick, but guzzled fuel.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
The Sct is 11.9mm, and the tj10 is 11.5mm. Also the Sct is long stroke, and the tj10 is short stroke. The crankpin on the Sct is further from center than the Tj10.

I have used the 11.5 long stroke crank from the +12-3ct in the tj10. It works, but makes too much displacement to be legal for racing. The larger diameter short stroke piston with the long stroke crank. It was quick, but guzzled fuel.
Thank you.
I have a Nova crank, I will post a pic of it later. Will you be able to identify it for me? It was given to me by someone at my track. He says it will fit. I just would like to know because when I buy another engine I would like to put it in the TJ for experiment sake.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default RB T11 RS

Dear all
What do you think about the RB T11RC?
Would you recommend this engine also for tight or small tracks?

I'm looking for an engine with very good bottom performance!
So now I'm thinking between Sirio Nemesis, Reds ZR12T, Nova Flash, Max XXL3 .12 or the RB T11RC...

Can someone give me a tip?

Kind regards
Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Have you thought about getting the IDM/Picco Torque? Plenty of bottom end for a tight track, but also capable of holding it's own on larger tracks from what goes on in the Picco/IDM threads.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
Have you thought about getting the IDM/Picco Torque? Plenty of bottom end for a tight track, but also capable of holding it's own on larger tracks from what goes on in the Picco/IDM threads.
Hi Djshakespear

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I thought about. But the fact that everyone here in Switzerland is racing the Picco I prefered to race an other engine.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Italboy
Hi Djshakespear

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I thought about. But the fact that everyone here in Switzerland is racing the Picco I prefered to race an other engine.
Just like me, I like to be the odd one out
Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Just like me, I like to be the odd one out
So you know what I mean

we have a RB and Nova dealer here in Switzerland, where I can get parts..
But I don't know if these engines will be the right one.
I think, I'll wait till the new REDS .12 engine will come out in mid september.
They will be Picco based, and so I think they will be torquey..
Old 08-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Just wondering what nitro % I should run in an X12T? cheers
Old 08-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

So you know what I mean

we have a RB and Nova dealer here in Switzerland, where I can get parts..
But I don't know if these engines will be the right one.
I think, I'll wait till the new REDS .12 engine will come out in mid september.
They will be Picco based, and so I think they will be torquey..
To be honest, unless you're racing at a fairly high level where the engine you decide to get makes or breaks you, any engine will do just fine.
From what I know about the Sirio XXX, it lacks on the bottom end and really shines like a light on a straight section of track (I used one and was blown away when it hit the top RPM range) I'm sure they would have solved this issue with newer versions including the Nemesis (not sure on this) but from the engines you stated I would pick:
1. RB T11 (RC has more top end power, not entirely sure on the bottom end)
2. Novarossi Flash .12
3. Max XXL3

But the Picco Torque engines definitely have plenty of power on the bottom end, the Evo 3 when I had one was an absolute ripper.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JumpJet
Just wondering what nitro % I should run in an X12T? cheers
As with most Europian .12 engines it is set to 16% nitro.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

To be honest, unless you're racing at a fairly high level where the engine you decide to get makes or breaks you, any engine will do just fine.
From what I know about the Sirio XXX, it lacks on the bottom end and really shines like a light on a straight section of track (I used one and was blown away when it hit the top RPM range) I'm sure they would have solved this issue with newer versions including the Nemesis (not sure on this) but from the engines you stated I would pick:
1. RB T11 (RC has more top end power, not entirely sure on the bottom end)
2. Novarossi Flash .12
3. Max XXL3

But the Picco Torque engines definitely have plenty of power on the bottom end, the Evo 3 when I had one was an absolute ripper.
Hi!
Thank you for your reply.
You mean the RB T11 (normal), not the T11RS or RC? Right?

Yes, I know that, but like I mentioned before...I don't want to race engine like all others have on our race track.

Are the Xceed ZX12 EM the same engines as the Torque Engines from Picco?
What do you think about?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Hi!
Thank you for your reply.
You mean the RB T11 (normal), not the T11RS or RC? Right?

Yes, I know that, but like I mentioned before...I don't want to race engine like all others have on our race track.

Are the Xceed ZX12 EM the same engines as the Torque Engines from Picco?
What do you think about?
I can't remember which engine they are based from, but I think they might be Picco or Sirio based. I've only heard a little bit of information on the Xceed engines, but I did hear they are pretty good - they don't have a fanbase like Novarossi or RB, but in the right hands it can perform very well.

With the RB Touring series, on a small track you would be better getting the T10 or T11, or even a TJ## if it's a very small track, but the T10/T11 are essentially the same engines anyway, just a different head. They have the same crank and sleeve which means identical timings, so theoretically they should perform the same as each other, unless the cases are different and the crank timing has been changed, but I think they are the same.
I hope I didn't confuse you with any of this
Old 08-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Lord

Xceed is now what Mega was. It is based on the Picco with the same model name. The DS4 is the same as the EVO4. I do not think there is already a Torque model with all other brands but I expect Xceed will name it DS5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.