Like Tree1Likes

RB Engine Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 03:07 PM
  #376  
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

I checked on the RB website and the idle needle is 8 turns out!!
ziggy12345 is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 01:47 AM
  #377  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
azcau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Xenon is :

Main 6.5
Idle 8.0

http://www.rbproducts.com/explose/RB...121-001001.pdf
Xenon R is :

Main 6.5
Idle 5.5

http://www.rbproducts.com/explose/RB...121-001000.pdf

Links go to the respective manuals .
azcau is offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 02:58 AM
  #378  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

question on engine choice, i have been thinking of the speedline matrix rw and also the new R3. does enyone have recomendations as to which engine might be the better choice ? things to consider are fuel economy, power delivery and longetivity. thanksguys.
Pattojnr is offline  
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 AM
  #379  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boiceville, New York
Posts: 99
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
question on engine choice, i have been thinking of the speedline matrix rw and also the new R3. does enyone have recomendations as to which engine might be the better choice ? things to consider are fuel economy, power delivery and longetivity. thanksguys.
Hey Patto. I'm currently running a Murnan Modified R3 with the novarossi 2630 pipe. I love it. I've only done two race days with it so far & I can feel it's still breaking in. I had more power this week than last and managed a 3rd place. It's still running fairly fat as I don't want to push it too hard early in it's life. Can't say about the matrix as I haven't run one yet. Also there is a separate thread on the R3 here as well.
GBagRacing is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:59 AM
  #380  
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Originally Posted by azcau
Xenon is :

Main 6.5
Idle 8.0

http://www.rbproducts.com/explose/RB...121-001001.pdf
Xenon R is :

Main 6.5
Idle 5.5

http://www.rbproducts.com/explose/RB...121-001000.pdf

Links go to the respective manuals .
Which one is the better engine? I have the Xenon (not R)
ziggy12345 is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
  #381  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
Default

Does the RB WSII use/interchange with the WSIII?
samayoa is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 PM
  #382  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
azcau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Which one is the better engine? I have the Xenon (not R)
The only difference as far as I know is that the Xenon is ABC construction and the Xenon R is AAC . I have the Xenon because I feel that ABC construction is more durable , but mine is stuffed now so what would I know !!!
azcau is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 AM
  #383  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

wow, this thread been in active for a long time, if there's a new one for the on-road motors please re-direct me there...

are the c9 c10 c11, the same, and more or less 35 plus 21's? thanks
TommyBlazin is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  #384  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
wow, this thread been in active for a long time, if there's a new one for the on-road motors please re-direct me there...

are the c9 c10 c11, the same, and more or less 35 plus 21's? thanks
The c11 is the better of the rb's you listed. It has a better piston material, and more rigid block than the older models. The rb is different than the 35+21. It has more crank timing, lighter crank, different block. The Rb has more top end than the 35+21. The 35+21, and Rb parts are not interchangeable without modification.
Grinder is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
  #385  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i got the classico10 and it a descent engine ..it came with the 3003 pipe imo the 2018 bring the engine to life..i got this engine because im sort of a newbie to onroad nut ready to upgrade to the C11 its look strong
bobbyblaze is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
  #386  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grinder
The c11 is the better of the rb's you listed. It has a better piston material, and more rigid block than the older models. The rb is different than the 35+21. It has more crank timing, lighter crank, different block. The Rb has more top end than the 35+21. The 35+21, and Rb parts are not interchangeable without modification.
so would you say the c9-c11 has more top end than a 35 plus 21 tuned? or just over the stock versions?....lastlly do nova pipes work w/rb motors, 2015 etc etc..thanks

also the c11 has a different p/s/r set than this?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Connecting-Rod

Last edited by TommyBlazin; 07-19-2011 at 06:16 PM.
TommyBlazin is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 PM
  #387  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
so would you say the c9-c11 has more top end than a 35 plus 21 tuned? or just over the stock versions?....lastlly do nova pipes work w/rb motors, 2015 etc etc..thanks

also the c11 has a different p/s/r set than this?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Connecting-Rod
Yes. They have more top end than the tuned 35+21. The novarossi 2015 pipe works great with the rb c11. I like the medium conical header with the 2015 on the c11.
Grinder is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
  #388  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grinder
Yes. They have more top end than the tuned 35+21. The novarossi 2015 pipe works great with the rb c11. I like the medium conical header with the 2015 on the c11.
but thats the same p/s/r/ as all three c9-c11..unless the c11 has a different part number? i just wanted to see the different piston on the c11...
TommyBlazin is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
  #389  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
but thats the same p/s/r/ as all three c9-c11..unless the c11 has a different part number? i just wanted to see the different piston on the c11...
The c10, and c11 have a lighter, more durable piston than the c9. I'm not sure of the part numbers without looking them up. The c10, c11 piston is definitely an improvement.
Grinder is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 AM
  #390  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (48)
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Will a Nova SCT crank drop into my TJ10?
gashuffer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.