Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trigger
Changing diff oil will have little affect for traction rolling. Roll center adjustments and shock oil will definitely affect traction rolling.
What is your opinion on addressing traction roll into the corner?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by regets ama
can I get a starting point for Mod TC FDR, 4.5 Thunderpower, 20 degrees timing, no boost, similar to the recent outdoor electric roar in florida
I kept getting told by guys here to gear at 8.3 and adjust boost etc.

Ended up on 8.0 but still lacked a little top speed. Was told to try 25deg on the motor.

Skiddins
Old 05-24-2013, 09:12 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (80%+)

Hi Guys Does Anyone No The Size Difference Of The DS Motosports Xray T4 Towers Compared To The Std T4 Towers Isit Only 1mm Increase On The Shock Mounting Points??
Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan-Dan Team-X
Hi Guys Does Anyone No The Size Difference Of The DS Motosports Xray T4 Towers Compared To The Std T4 Towers Isit Only 1mm Increase On The Shock Mounting Points??
I got some made which were 2mm higher and I can run normal springs.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Wanted to update you guys on my traction roll issue. Tried everything mentioned here one at a time and nothing resolved the traction roll. I tried going from a 2.7 front spring to a 2.5, I tried to reduce droop, lowered ride height a bit, tried a longer camber link, tried playing w/ the roll center blocks, etc. I even prepped the rear tire and just cleaned front w/o any sauce and it still rolled. Unfortunately when it didn't roll my lap times were the best. I ended up going to a new vta tire and resolved the traction roll. However I don't have as much steering and am about .3 off my lap times w/ them. It seems if I do get the traction to get my best lap times I'm on the verge of traction rolling. It's quite frustrating to know that the setup that seems fastest to me isn't consistent. I reduced rear droop from 5 to 6 and that helped keep the rear inside tire on the ground at least. I'd really love to be able to get the steering that nets me fast laps w/o this traction roll issue.

Dave
Old 05-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default traction roll

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Wanted to update you guys on my traction roll issue. Tried everything mentioned here one at a time and nothing resolved the traction roll. I tried going from a 2.7 front spring to a 2.5, I tried to reduce droop, lowered ride height a bit, tried a longer camber link, tried playing w/ the roll center blocks, etc. I even prepped the rear tire and just cleaned front w/o any sauce and it still rolled. Unfortunately when it didn't roll my lap times were the best. I ended up going to a new vta tire and resolved the traction roll. However I don't have as much steering and am about .3 off my lap times w/ them. It seems if I do get the traction to get my best lap times I'm on the verge of traction rolling. It's quite frustrating to know that the setup that seems fastest to me isn't consistent. I reduced rear droop from 5 to 6 and that helped keep the rear inside tire on the ground at least. I'd really love to be able to get the steering that nets me fast laps w/o this traction roll issue.

Dave
Hi, could post a picture of the tyre or post a link for me to to look at. also what is the diameter of the vta tyre.

In the vta class, what is the minimum weight for the cars.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Dave
just curious but what camber are you running
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dave
Put a little expo in the steering and turn your servo speed down on the radio if possible (to 80%). Did you thicken the shock oils?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan-Dan Team-X
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't give you the exact number because that would make it extremely easy for another company to copy the raised shocktowers.

The DS Motorsport shocktowers raise the upper shock mounting point by the minimal amount required to run full length springs with big diameter tires and still hit a 5mm rideheight.

For the ones who wanted to order our parts but were shocked by the shipping costs, from monday on the shipping costs will come down around 50%. We are currently busy implementing the new shipping options into the shop software.Also a new batch of T4 towers is on it's way.
We're also working on a high-flex chassis for the T4.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

is everyone using the rsd front bumper or is there a better alternative to the flimsy stock one?

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by matt prigmore
Hi, could post a picture of the tyre or post a link for me to to look at. also what is the diameter of the vta tyre.

In the vta class, what is the minimum weight for the cars.
Here is the front tire I must use. It's 26mm wide and 65.8mm in diameter. Here is a pic of the tire that kept traction rolling. It seems all vta tires wear the inside. I only have 1 deg of negative camber.
My weight is around 1550g
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-2013-05-25-11.36.58.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

is everyone using the rsd front bumper or is there a better alternative to the flimsy stock one?

Thanks
Dave
Either the rsd or the cso.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Here is the front tire I must use. It's 26mm wide and 65.8mm in diameter. Here is a pic of the tire that kept traction rolling. It seems all vta tires wear the inside. I only have 1 deg of negative camber.
My weight is around 1550g
it seems to me and i may be wrong but with only 1 deg of camber ,taking a small amount of slop into consideration,you could be hooking up on the side wall hence the traction roll,try 1.5/2 deg,how much do those tyres deform?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
it seems to me and i may be wrong but with only 1 deg of. Always thoughtcamber ,taking a small amount of slop into consideration,you could be hooking up on thethe for side wall hence the traction roll,try 1.5/2 deg,how much do those tyres deform?
I started at 1.5 but went to 1 after I saw that inside tire wear I went to 1 degree. i always thought that adding negative camber increased traction to that side of the car up to a point. The tire deforms quite a bit m

Dave
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My T4 has been naughty and made me frustrated. It is finally handling good for the first time. I took the rear bar off and increased front droop and softened rear dampers by using 1.2mm pistons.
2.3 Rear springs and 1.5mm front bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.