Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Close to the Reedy, I started there, and have been changing things to suit my track and my driving. Avid or Schelle make a good bearing kit for the car, both have nice websites as well. Dont need a lot of parts for this car, I keep a spur gear and few odds and end, but nothing like any 4wd I have ever owned before.
ok cool thank you very much im gona order a set of bearings now. im just trying to find ways if there is anything that makes that setup better in any way at all
Old 12-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Purchase a good set of bearings for the car, the kit bearings are not too good, not too good at all..
Tried ceramics, took them out right away. I found the kit bearings to be exceptionally GOOD.

Guys are really liking the Nationals setup.....
Old 12-28-2014, 06:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
ok cool thank you very much im gona order a set of bearings now. im just trying to find ways if there is anything that makes that setup better in any way at all
Best way is to go drive it and test your personal changes. Need to remember that a setup from another driver rarely is the best setup for you, or your track (unless you drove at Reedy).
Old 12-28-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Tried ceramics, took them out right away. I found the kit bearings to be exceptionally GOOD.

ok cool thanks uncle ur the best man i dont know what i would do without u man. what are u running now have u made any changes? u gona try the nationals setup? wondering if i should order any upgrades for the car to better it in any way
Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I wouldn't recommend ceramics for dirt for (maybe in the diff cases). 4wd cars are hard on bearings, but keep an eye on your hub bearings, especially the inner 10x15x4, its probably going out as we speak..lol
Glad you like them though, I would have replaced mine during the build had I known..
Old 12-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

should i get that schelle stretched chassis im wondering if the chassis being longer it would make the car easier to drive? any thoughts before i order one?
Old 12-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=flame56mx;13745179]I wouldn't recommend ceramics for dirt for (maybe in the diff cases). 4wd cars are hard on bearings, but keep an eye on your hub bearings, especially the inner 10x15x4, its probably going out as we speak..lol
Glad you like them though, I would have replaced mine during the build had I known..[/QU

Last edited by DIRT DIGGER; 12-28-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

ok cool thanks uncle ur the best man i dont know what i would do without u man. what are u running now have u made any changes? u gona try the nationals setup? wondering if i should order any upgrades for the car to better it in any way
I'm on reedy 100%. I'll be on that for at least another month.

I'll have to test nats setup at that point.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

I'm on reedy 100%. I'll be on that for at least another month.

I'll have to test nats setup at that point.
ok should i get that schelle extended chassis? im wondering if it will help car be more stable and make car easier to driver being longer?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

ok should i get that schelle extended chassis? im wondering if it will help car be more stable and make car easier to driver being longer?
No upgrades are needed. If I wanted to spend fun $, I'd get aluminum chasis.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

No upgrades are needed. If I wanted to spend fun $, I'd get aluminum chasis.
ok but what makes aluminum chassis better what would be the difference between the two? im just curious
Old 12-28-2014, 09:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

ok but what makes aluminum chassis better what would be the difference between the two? im just curious
From what I have heard and read, the aluminum chassis works good on high bite as designed. The carbon Schelle chassis is basically a longer version of the kit chassis. Which seems to me is a better option part. Asking questions from other members here is good to do, but you are still going to have to decide if this advice will pertain to you, your driving style and your local track, unless of course they run where you do. Its sorta like asking which tire is best..
Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

From what I have heard and read, the aluminum chassis works good on high bite as designed. The carbon Schelle chassis is basically a longer version of the kit chassis. Which seems to me is a better option part. Asking questions from other members here is good to do, but you are still going to have to decide if this advice will pertain to you, your driving style and your local track, unless of course they run where you do. Its sorta like asking which tire is best..
yes i understand that and thanks for the replies. question tho i run on a med bite bite damp clay indoor tight track if u were me what chassis would u get out of the two? thanks again
Old 12-28-2014, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

yes i understand that and thanks for the replies. question tho i run on a med bite bite damp clay indoor tight track if u were me what chassis would u get out of the two? thanks again
I have yet to see a car with either chassis, so with just the opinions of the others who have them/used them the Schelle chassis seems more apt to work in your situation. If I had the $ burning a whole in my pocket I would go in that direction with track conditions like yours..
Old 12-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

I have yet to see a car with either chassis, so with just the opinions of the others who have them/used them the Schelle chassis seems more apt to work in your situation. If I had the $ burning a whole in my pocket I would go in that direction with track conditions like yours..
ok i have some christmas money so thats why i want to try a new chassis. i was leaning toward the schelle chassis also. im thinking the longer chassis would make it a bit more stable? im not positive what the effects of having a longer chassis are?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.