Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anybody have an exploded view of the Speed Passion V3.0 6.5R motor (this one http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...less-Motor-65R) that shows where the 3 copper shims are supposed to go on the rotor? There isn't an exploded view or any other indication of where to place these shims in the manual.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Seems to me the $99 deal is a blow out special, which would be typical when you have a new model. The GT2.0 can be had for a similar price.

The Reventon was not $99 when it came out.
Yeah it was $129...and that was part of the appeal to it.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Need some help.

I have a reventon R, does anyone know if the 1.38 sofware has the drift profile?

I dont want to update to the new 1.1.22 as I dont have an LCD card.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10B4_Mafco
Does anybody have an exploded view of the Speed Passion V3.0 6.5R motor (this one http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...less-Motor-65R) that shows where the 3 copper shims are supposed to go on the rotor? There isn't an exploded view or any other indication of where to place these shims in the manual.
If you receive the package that has 3 shims on it...they are not necessary all need to be inserted onto the rotor, they are spares. On each motor, the LONG offset spacer is placed at the front of the rotor (facing the front motor mounting plate)...then at the end of the rotor, usually, most of the time, just need to use one shim (instead of 2 or 3)....the idea is, after putting the whole thing together, use your finger to pull the rotor shaft and you should feel a little gap like 0.5mm to 1mm the most. If the gap is too much, insert one more shim.....I have never use more then 2 shims ever on any V3 or MMM motors.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vroomin
Need some help.

I have a reventon R, does anyone know if the 1.38 sofware has the drift profile?

I dont want to update to the new 1.1.22 as I dont have an LCD card.
First...1.38 is for the old GT2 series ESC, not the REVENTON and it will not work on Reventon R plus there are no DRIFT on it.

Second...V1.1.0.22 is the latest one and you SHOULD update that, even with your included LED card you can choose to update and use the DRIFT program for your REVENTON R....yes, there is DRIFT program for REVENTON R.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
If you receive the package that has 3 shims on it...they are not necessary all need to be inserted onto the rotor, they are spares. On each motor, the LONG offset spacer is placed at the front of the rotor (facing the front motor mounting plate)...then at the end of the rotor, usually, most of the time, just need to use one shim (instead of 2 or 3)....the idea is, after putting the whole thing together, use your finger to pull the rotor shaft and you should feel a little gap like 0.5mm to 1mm the most. If the gap is too much, insert one more shim.....I have never use more then 2 shims ever on any V3 or MMM motors.
The motor already had 3 shims in it when I bought it, the shims were not something extra included. I took the motor apart to try and see if I can solder the wires directly on the bullet connectors (as they keep on coming out) and I accidently didn't notice which side the shims came off of. There was no long shim in my motor, only 3 little ones (1 of them is thicker than the other 2).
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, ran the reventon pro through a little water by mistake, was just wondering if there is any hope or it working or is it going to be shot, used the compressor to blow most of the water out but have my doubts, anyone else with same experience and wats the outcome.
Cheers
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone got any opinions on 21.5T v3 vs MMM for both timing and non timing?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC10B4_Mafco
The motor already had 3 shims in it when I bought it, the shims were not something extra included. I took the motor apart to try and see if I can solder the wires directly on the bullet connectors (as they keep on coming out) and I accidently didn't notice which side the shims came off of. There was no long shim in my motor, only 3 little ones (1 of them is thicker than the other 2).
OK...the whole idea is, put everything back together and pull the shaft from the front of the motor, back and forth and see you can feel a small gap between the shaft/rotor and the end plate of the motor...if there is a small gap, you are GOOD....if you don't feel a gap at all, remove one of the shim and pick the thinnest one to pull out. If the gap is too much like about 0.5mm to 1mm....add shim.

I cannot garantee you all motor are made the same size so there are no universal answer on exactly how many shims are at the end plate of every single motor....
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tiago890
Hey guys, ran the reventon pro through a little water by mistake, was just wondering if there is any hope or it working or is it going to be shot, used the compressor to blow most of the water out but have my doubts, anyone else with same experience and wats the outcome.
Cheers
Do your best to blow off the water and dirt and try it.........you have nothing to lose now, it will either work or you will see the smoke. In my experience before, I had RAIN WATER on my ESC and it works without any problem....but I do not know about a dip in the water type of situation like yours....

I know I have cell phone that dropped into the pool by accident...I removed the battery, let it dry for couple days, and it works as long as all the parts inside are dry again....but again, it was a Nokia, that phone will work even I put it in a microwave.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by poeee
Has anyone got any opinions on 21.5T v3 vs MMM for both timing and non timing?
My long time testing on both......MMM 21.5 on small to mid-size track and carpet track. V3 21.5 on HUGE track (like 1/8th size)....but also depends on what type of rotor using.........and also depends on software too. But if I have to choose between the 2, it will be depends on the size of the track.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Do your best to blow off the water and dirt and try it.........you have nothing to lose now, it will either work or you will see the smoke. In my experience before, I had RAIN WATER on my ESC and it works without any problem....but I do not know about a dip in the water type of situation like yours....

I know I have cell phone that dropped into the pool by accident...I removed the battery, let it dry for couple days, and it works as long as all the parts inside are dry again....but again, it was a Nokia, that phone will work even I put it in a microwave.
Turned it back on, no smoke, but esc blinks red then yellow then goes to solid red, and then nothing, does any one know what that means, is it dead or do I have to do something to get it back up and running,
Old 07-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Solara I have a Reventon Pro ESC and the plastic cover on the bottom that is held on with 4x small screws, it has a crack in it and want to know where can I get a replacment?

I cannot see any on the Speed passion website??
Old 07-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
Hoping someone in Australia can help me out with this one.
I ordered a Speed Passion combo from the Aus warehouse and paid straight away through PayPal but haven't received any emails confirming received payment or shipped.
has anyone else ordered from the Aus warehouse? how long has it taken to receive your order?
cheers.

Last edited by weavz; 07-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with setting up my SP reventon Pro Esc. I seem to be unable to set up the drag brake in the controller (on demand) for the 3pk. and setting/advise would rock.

Thanks

Nick K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.