Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I still like the Tekin speedos, they don't fit in the modern chassis very well but, other than that, their just as good as any of the modern units.

Okay, no more esc talk by me.

Foamdonuts: thats cool man. That will make things really convienent for you........and very expensive. When spending our money is too easy.....we spend too much of it!

Yeah, Visa is going to really get to like you.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since Schumacher imports Keyence, I guess it's OK to talk about them here.

Personally, I've run lots of ESCs (testing for one of the mags), and most of the top of the line ESCs are fairly close. Currently I run the Keyence...all the settings that anyone would want to change, but no external programming device required. Checking the specs on the Quantum (I reviewed one and talked with the people who work at LRP USA) and they are not as good as the specs from the 7.1. They are small...and thats just about it. Haven't had any experience with the CS so I can't say anything. One thing I really like about the Keyence is the built in temp gauge...it's easy to find out what the internal temp is to make sure its not overheating. BTW, I don't believe the Keyence is over $200, it's just about the same as the Quantum as I remember...if I'm wrong, someone will correct me...
Old 02-08-2002, 05:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Foamdonuts: which Xtreme issue is the Mission article in. The current issue on the news stands is issue 75. I assume you've already got issue 76 and thats where the article is......am I right?
Old 02-08-2002, 05:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Racer_X: your not wrong. The Keyence goes for $179 at Ultimate Hobbies. About the same as the Quantum Comp.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Darkseid.....yeah he does run for them but like I said he tested all the other ESC's on the market and has the chance to run what ever ESC he wants to and he picked the Novak line. He could just as easly go run LRP or what ever like everybody elses but there is a reason that he stayed with them other than his sponsorship. I would belive a world class racer when he test all the other ESC on the market and still says that Novak is best. Who is going to be able to tell the difference in a ESC some average racer or someone who has won countless races??? I have heard this straight from his mouth and others from Losi that dont run Novak. So I dont think its a biased answer to the question that I asked him. Also novak is comming out with a new version of the Atom that will be about the size of the LRP Quan. but it wont have the specs of the C2 or T2 kinda like the 7.1 and Quan.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Also if you guys really want to know that an ESC is at it fastest in the first 5 runs. Once the FETs get hot acouple times the resistance starts to build up but most of us wont be able to notice it but it does decrease in performance. Some people say to repalce your ESC every 6 months if you race alot, but thats not likely going to happen with most people b/c that would not be cost effective. Just food for thought.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Dark,
The issue with the Mission article in it is the one with NTC3 on the cover.
IKE
Old 02-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Snowbirds!!

Not sure if many of you are keeping up with the Snowbirds but it seems the Mission is showing VERY WELL. Pretty much fastest in stock and I heard looks good in mod too. I have a couple buddies there and they said can't believe how fast Ron Atomic's Mission is in stock. Sounds like some really good carpet setups will make it this way soon. Personally I haven't run on carpet YET but man I can't wait!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2002, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Good, I hear that is the reason that no one can get through to Schuie USA!!!!! They are so busy selling shiite. I need a carpet seup for foams too.
IKE
Old 02-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

January was out of control busy at Schu USA. Seems like a lot of you guys are doing pretty well at your local tracks and your competition is hopping on the Mission bandwagon!

FYI, at the Snowbirds club race on wednesday there were 6 missions in the Stock A main.

Mike McMahon has a mission in the pro mod a main. PW was on track to get in too but he had a major altercation with traffic and broke. Teemu is in the 19T a main.

Ron Mikalski (Ron Atomic) is TQ in Stock and 2nd in 19T, Alex Lil' Elian Lopez (DudeBroMan) is in 3rd.

Keep an eye on Schumacher pilots Timmy Heiser and Ryan Rhodes as they are also a main regulars.

PW and McMahon have the best foam setups and Ron Mikalski has developed the setup that amlost all the rubber drivers are using. I will post all three on Monday when I get the details. I'll be heading to the race tomorrow to cheer the guys on and catch the action.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Adrian..you decided not to race??? Your name was on Snowbirds entry list then it disappeared. I swear one of my buddies said he heard your name being called during one of the practices! Anyhow tell everyone at the Schumacher camp to bring it home!!
Old 02-09-2002, 07:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Kevin K: my bad man, I didn't know you were so close with Novak and all that. I wasn't trying to get you all excited, I was just pointing out that you asked a sponsored driver what product he likes best, I mean really, what did you expect him to say?

The fact that he picked them still doesn't mean that he thinks they are the best. A. Rod decided to play for the Texas Rangers over some more competitive teams in baseball.......and it sure as hell wasn't because he thought they were the best! So sometime people pick to play for certain clubs or go with certain products, and the decision isn't always based on which team or product is best.

BTW: LRP has a few drivers who have won "countless" races, but you feel that they only picked LRP because they get free speedos. Yet, Novak's drivers who have won "countless" races, picked it because they feel its the best.

Come on man, thats a little unfair to view it that way isn't it?

Last edited by Darkseid; 02-09-2002 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-09-2002, 07:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Wilson: its good to hear that Schumacher is doing so well at the Snowbirds. The Mission seems to be making a name for itself in stock!
Old 02-09-2002, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I race with Ron at his track in Austin. He and his Mission cannot be touched yet in Stock and 19 turn. I've driven his car and his setup is incredible. Now if only the normal person could be that good at setting up a Mission or any car, there would be a lot more close racing.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Oh Boy! As if Ron needs his ego inflated any more than it is now! Just remember, qualifying is only one round old and EVERYONE will get faster as the rounds go on. Not to knock Ron, he's a good driver and I've run with him before both here in TX and at Cleveland. I wish I could spend all my free time testing and setting up at my own track too. I wish Ron nothing but the best and hope he and the other TX drivers do well. Don't forget Larry Pryor and the guys from Shreveport are there too! It would be nice for drivers from a "non" carpet region would do well. Ron's has his work cut out for him in 12th stock. I've raced with Bruce and TJ both and you have to be fast to get by them.

Have fun everybody!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.