Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Jonski:
The carpet upper deck should do the trick. Also check that your rims are true and the rubber (if running rubber) is well glued. If the problem persists, running a slightly stiffer insert in front definately helps. I also used to have the rolling problem with my Mission on high byte carpet.
BR/ JesseT
Old 05-20-2002, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

PW - Kevin K.,
Ran my car yesterday for the first time. I was very impressed. I was able to run some of the fastest times on the track in stock and mod. I started with Paul's Snowbirds set up and made changes from there.

Everybody was pushing out the door and was turning in on a dime The steering is unbelievable. I LIKE IT

C-ya,
Rob Love
Old 05-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rob....Glad to hear that the car is working well off the board for ya.

Jonski......try adding more front camber or moving the ball stud on the arm to the outer hole if its on the inner hole in the front. You can also lay the shocks in more on the tower as well and get the stiffer sway bars if you dont have them. What tires and inserts are you running?
Old 05-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)
Default Tires

I am running the Eagle C32 tires with Top Blue molded foams. They are an incredible tire for the money. Some guys that have ran them at my current track said they like them better than the Sorex tires. I haven't put them to a comparision test for myself yet though.

Kevin K - I went over your set-up that you gave me and I had quite a bit of things off. Like the ball-studs on the hubs were to the inside instead of the outside. Going to try to get it as close to yours as possible and try it again.

Thanks for your help guys.
Jon
Old 05-20-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)
Default Stiffer Upper Deck

JesseT - I am going to get the top deck soon ( I hope). So I will also be trying it. Thanks for the idea, never really gave that any thought.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 05-21-2002, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Setup help

Hi all,
I'm driving an Mission (and axis2 raincar) too.
I have a big race coming on a high speed big scale circuit with mainly turns with a radius of 2-3 meter/yards. I need advice with the camberlink settings!!! How do I need to setup my car ???

For a picture of the racetrack look at http://www.evmc.nl/index-eng.html under the racetrack button

Thanks in advance Sandor

Last edited by Sandor; 05-21-2002 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Had a pretty good race weekend. Finished forth in the A-main at both the short track and big track. Even though the computer screwed up and showed me as 6th and a lap down at the big track. Thankfully, everyone actually in the race, knew where we finished. Man did the TC3 and XXX-S guys go through a lot of parts on Sunday. The carnage was amazing!

I think I finally found a set up that I can use at both tracks. So I don't have to completely change my set up between 11pm Sat. and 7am Sun.!

I've noticed that my front diff builds up an enormous amount of black material on the face of the pulley teeth that actually engage the belt. Without gently cleaning off the pulley faces with a X-acto blade, my drivetrain developed the now well known "high spot" as I rotate it without the pinion engaged. This is the only thing I can think that is causing this "high spot". After cleaning the diff faces, the problem went away.

Anyway...all in all, a good weekend for the Mission.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

darkseid- i found the same thing, when racing on carpet i would get a lot of fuzz on the rear belt and diff pully making a very noticeable high spot. After cleaning it felt a lot freer. I think it makes more difference on the rear than the front because of the rear belt being so tight and the front being loose.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there is a hobby store in the southern california area that sells the Schumacher. I've tried ultimate hobbies for the last 3 weeks and they haven't had one. I currently drive the Losi XXX-s and I wanted to compare the two. Any former Losi drivers here?
Old 05-21-2002, 12:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ian S: I race on asphalt. I'm not getting anything at all on the rear belt or rear pulley. Just the front pulley.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RCFiend: SpeedTech RC sells it and stocks all the parts. I want to say they are around Diamond Bar (it's been awhile since I lived in So Cal), but they are a sponsor of this board (and have their own thread) and have a website you can go to to find the address. Schumacher will also have a display (I believe) at the Reedy Race this weekend...If nothing else, come by and I'll show you my car.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sandor,

Try the setup in the manual on the left side with the red/blue springs. It works well as a good starting point for asphalt tracks. With all of those sweeping turns in your track I think you won't have any problems.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

rcfiend, I have been running a Losi off and on for quite some time. I recently switched to the Mission. The biggest differences I felt were acceleration, corner speed, steering, and endless tuning options. I found the Mission to be far more superior in these areas. I race on carpet with foams and it is extremely hard to be fast on a competitive level. The Mission is extremely fast in stock and of course in modified.

It's a great car and if it is in your budget give it a shot. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Give Adrian a call at Schumacher and I am sure he can direct to a dealer. He will get you in a car!

Rob Love (Ohio)
Old 05-21-2002, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

I would like to add the Mission is more durable.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Racer X:
Thanks for the input, Speed Tech is unavailable until after the Reedy Race. I wanted to try and get one for the Reedy Race. I also heard that a distributor was available in San Diego. What's your name, I'll definetly stop by and check out your car. There's a guy at So Cal who runs a mission in mod and he's pretty fast with it.

RB Love:
Do you honestly feel that the Schumacher has more corner steering than the Losi? The only reservation I have about purchasing a Mission, is the parts are a little more expensive than the Losi, is this true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.