Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,
hey pro models,
i guess the only real prototype part daniele used was the front bumper !!
All other parts are already production parts.
The bumper will also be a new part in the nearer future.
The lightweight parts from shepherd just need there final tests and will be released soon. So stay tuned for more.

cu
Alex
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coupe
Hey Jeff,
jilles used a solid axle, not a oneway, i gues i have to change the checkboxes to make it more visible.
The setup do not change so much, its just a little bit more smooth driving in the short corners !! So i would say there is nothing to say about needed changes if you use the solid axle,

Alex
Alex,

I just had another look - my mistake lol.

Thankyou for your quick response.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey there,
we were running an EFRA GP in France last weekend and did a good job. Patrick ended 3rd and Oliver 10th. Of course Oli had some bad luck, running on second place with a real fast car, first he lost the spoiler and then the gear box !!
Patrick also flamed out one time, without that the second place would be possible. We tried a lot of things but always went back to the standards.
We only used again a diferent bumper in the front. Using 200K in the front diff and 60K in the rear the car was brillant. We also tried different bodies and decided to use the Blitz RS4 wich gives a lot of steering and still gives a super save drive !! In the qualification we just missed the top 4 with a gap of 0,4 seconds !! So over all it was a nice weekend for us, learned some small things, but at the end we really went back to the standards.
Thats all i want to say at this point.
For the next days we will work hard on the new parts and we will let you know every update.

Have a nice day
Alex
Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,

First of all, Congratulations for your results at the EFRA GP. I was there and it was a very big race for the Shepherd Team. Both cars were very fast. Oliver Mack was very very fast and Patrick Schäfer held the pace.
I'm very interresting for the set up of the cars because i soon race at the track at Herrlisheim.

Have a nice Day
@+
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Cool, I knew I was on to something with that 200k, that's crazy cause I was also on pace with the fast crowd at norcal and I rubbed a car in The A warmup and broke the same part, and I kno why, I tightened down the saver spring more than usual cause the spring is way to soft. A issue that shep has resolved, with a stiffer spring, but the saver arm should b alluminum........Other than that I think the car is awsome, also try the front diff ecentrics mod the designer posted a few back that it gives more steering in fast corners if u turn them 180degrees, I tried it sunday but I didn't time the normal way, so I can't tell u if it works........and lightened diff internals would b the ultimate.......let me kno wht u figure out as far as setup please, cause I think ur 1 of 2 shep drivers that run American style tracks with amer style traction and amer style boards!

Peace
Ran the car again this past weekend and again had a great weekend with the car. Tried the Chevy Cruiser body for the first time and I must say not a bad body, car already had great steering and the body just enhanced those characteristics. I think the 200,000 in the front diff is the way to go in regards to the front of the car. Still using the 2.3 bar in the rear and flat in the front. Getting the car ready for the Motonica Grand Prix this weekend, the only thing I did different was i flipped the front eccentrics for that track because of all the 180 turns it has.

Will give a report after the race

Brian Thomas
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cool thanks for the update, good luck at the race, I got a buddy goin down for that, K. Woods runnin a Lab, he's fast...... make sure you put it on em, show him what the shep do in pro hands lol! Peace
Old 04-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,

At the moment i use a nimH receiver battery but i want to try to use a lipo receiver battery.
Wich model of battery do you use? With or with out tension regulator?
Please help me

Thanks
@+
Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by momospeed
Hey all,

At the moment i use a nimH receiver battery but i want to try to use a lipo receiver battery.
Wich model of battery do you use? With or with out tension regulator?
Please help me

Thanks
@+
Shepherd has a lipo pack designed for the v10, u should b able to find it at cefx, or amain........I'm using this life pack. No need for a regulator. http://www.hangtimes.com/a123_packs.html u will need a charger that can charge life batteries, check it out.....
Old 04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Agree with above, liFe packs are the way to go! Regulators are just something else to go wrong with LiPo, and running futaba 2.4ghz isn't advisable, it's not rated for the voltage, spektrum seems ok, but again the servos arnt really designed for 7.4v so may shorten there life.
There's a zeppin racing 6.6v 1500mah LiFe pack on rc mushroom, that's what I run in my v10, it's a tight squeeze buts fits, and only $20, bargain!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Suspended

Default No

Shepherd has a lipo pack designed for the v10, u should b able to find it at cefx, or amain........I'm using this life pack. No need for a regulator. http://www.hangtimes.com/a123_packs.html u will need a charger that can charge life batteries, check it out.....
Its not a lipo but Li-ion.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Its not a lipo but Li-ion.
What's the difference? And do you need a regulaor or not?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Suspended

What's the difference? And do you need a regulaor or not?
Beside total different materials, size weight and capacity (1800). The need for a regulator is depending upon your receiver

There are a lot of drivers who race with LiPo, Li-Ion, etc without a regulator.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default clutch shoes

Will the V8 clutch shoes fit the V10 clutch? I'm looking to use the yellow shoe.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok guys,
Life packs seems to be the way to go. Thanks for your help.
@+
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Suspended

Default Nope

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
Will the V8 clutch shoes fit the V10 clutch? I'm looking to use the yellow shoe.
I dont think so, size is different as far as I know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.