Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question too Josh

In the front you set the max. offset and the width 198mm so the steering blocks are moved a little more to the center. What do you achieve with this setting?

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers
Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Finally going to take it out for some testing this weekend. Going out on the kit set-up hopefully should have good success.
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd Velox V10-_mg_0004.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-_mg_0006.jpg  

Last edited by mike jones; 04-09-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Car is great, mines gets better everytime I take it out, but the kit oils didnot work on the tracks I run, could hav been user error, I don't kno. But the 100k feels more like 30k up frt and the 80k n rear was like 10k.....I'm just sayin take some other oils with u. I'm at 300k frt and 100k rear, car turns on a dime with good onpower steering And rear is planted.......
Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Car is great, mines gets better everytime I take it out, but the kit oils didnot work on the tracks I run, could hav been user error, I don't kno. But the 100k feels more like 30k up frt and the 80k n rear was like 10k.....I'm just sayin take some other oils with u. I'm at 300k frt and 100k rear, car turns on a dime with good onpower steering And rear is planted.......

Heading up to run at the Rams club race next weekend....will you be out there, would be nice to see what your doing in regards to setup. Need to pick up some harder diff oil.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mike jones
Heading up to run at the Rams club race next weekend....will you be out there, would be nice to see what your doing in regards to setup. Need to pick up some harder diff oil.
I'm a try and make that 1 since norcal may b rained out this Sunday, I ran Rams with kit setup and I was traction rolling like crazy, I do kno my tires were to big because I was neglecting my 1/10 for 1/8......should b 4 or 5 sedans there......my setup now is close to wht cyrul posted a few post back, but I like the ankerman position full forward but the post still n back position. And I also hav the rear camberlink up with no spacer on the rear upright.......alot of side bite
Old 04-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm a try and make that 1 since norcal may b rained out this Sunday
Chet, you better make it out to Rams next Sunday, we need to get the nitro sedan turn outs growing!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

It's lookin like 90/95% chance I'll b there.....how many of the sac boys comin up? I'm goin to try and get in contact with vrc crew n c why they haven't been runnin, if they come we can hav a rams 44th! Lol
Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It's lookin like 90/95% chance I'll b there.....how many of the sac boys comin up? I'm goin to try and get in contact with vrc crew n c why they haven't been runnin, if they come we can hav a rams 44th! Lol

I know of Ryan, Otto, Henry and maybe Billy but they will run 8th scale...

I need to get a hold of Nel, I have a GOOD deal for him on a mugen.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Back again

He guys,
i just want to tell you i am back.......i just needed some time to recover and settle down a little after a hard time in bussines and at home !!!
So now i am right back and will go ahead working on all that stuff. I already did the setup sheets of Patrick and Jilles, they are available on our international website team-shepherd.com in the download area.
Sorry for the brake we made at rctech, but now i am back for you again.

Alex
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coupe
hey guys,
no i am back to germany and had some time to recover a little.
The race was really absolutely perfect, placing 3 cars in the final was perfect, knowing to have the chance to win without the problems we had is also pretty good for us. We found some issues at the car wich we need to change, but in the end we raced the kit car with all the standard parts out of the box, except of the front solid axle.
So stay tuned for further information, if you have any questions just ask again, i will be available the next days.

Alex
Alex can you tell us what issues you found with the car that needs to b changed? And if their different parts to b used will these parts be available to everyone?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey there,
we will change some plastic parts to make them stronger, front upright, front upper wishbone and rear wishbone, we will correct the ballbearingseats of the uprights. This will be the changed items that will be available as soon as possible. Except of this parts we have no other parts that need to be changed immediately. Of cause we work on many other things, but we first need to test the parts and check if there will be a difference. For example a front bumper, new belt tension excentrics for the front........ well thats it.
Also we plan to make some other clutch shoes, a brass battery tray, the battery try holders in brass for some more additional weight, the weight for the already build in slot in the front........thats what i can tell you !!!
And for sure all the parts that are important will be available on the market as soon as we confirmed them.
So stay tuned for more

Alex
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the reply, The car is great, but I'm sure those things will make it better...I don't seem to have a prob with the frt belt ecentric, mines is set in the down position with no contact to the lower arm at upward travel.....
Old 04-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,
the front excentric will not contact or something, is an additional setup thing for more steering in fast corners !!! You can try it, just turn around the front excentric 180° !! The belt tension will be ok with a new belt but take care.

Alex
Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coupe
Hey,
the front excentric will not contact or something, is an additional setup thing for more steering in fast corners !!! You can try it, just turn around the front excentric 180° !! The belt tension will be ok with a new belt but take care.

Alex
Coupe can you explain how this adjustment will give more steering in fast corners?

coupe can you explain how that adjusment will give more steering in fast corners?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Suspended

[QUOTE=1evo RRR Driver;7267686]Coupe can you explain how this adjustment will give more steering in fast corners?

QUOTE]

Small guess, change of roll-center... or change of dog-bone angle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.