Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
its really not that heavy for a 540 motor. i have alot of snap with my 6.5 and temps are about 150ish
+100 The TT seems a bit lighter and more nimble than the SC. My 6.5 is more than enough for this truggy and it hauls. Temps in the 150-160. With heatsink and fan= 130's. Time to play with timing advance.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

saladFork,

It's a ton better than the SC in that dept. It does nose down just a touch, and I mean just a touch. With that said, you can manipulate the truck how you see fit in the air. It reacts to throttle and brakes just fine. Of course if you screw up off the face, your screwed. No amount of throttle will bring it back. That vid was literally the VERY first run with this thing. It turns great on power and pushes a bit off power. I've come to the conclusion that a 6.5-8.5 550 on 3 cell would be the ticket for this truck. To bad that wont fly for racing. But I'll tell you what, it would be absolutely perfect for this thing.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
+100 The TT seems a bit lighter and more nimble than the SC. My 6.5 is more than enough for this truggy and it hauls. Temps in the 150-160. With heatsink and fan= 130's. Time to play with timing advance.
nice to know that the temps will be that low with a heatsink on. i just bought one and now i might gear up a tooth or 2
Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

not everyone is sold out. i was just at nitrohouse and saw 3 kits sitting there lol and west coast rc also has some at there place
WTF! I sent a money order for one last week and they told me today that they are sold out and it will be a week or so before I can get one.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cody01
WTF! I sent a money order for one last week and they told me today that they are sold out and it will be a week or so before I can get one.
unless the ones that are on the shelf were the nitro ones. not to sure since they use the same box for the rtr, nitro, and the kit
Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

unless the ones that are on the shelf were the nitro ones. not to sure since they use the same box for the rtr, nitro, and the kit
According to their website the e-roller is all they have had in stock. I hope i'm not getting jerked around. I was counting on having it for races this weekend but have lost hope in that.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

call them in the morning and talk to JT he is a really cool guy and will let you know whats going on
Old 10-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Crazy, but my tt is as fast with the gtb speedo than with the mmpro with timing (22 degrees) and temps are around 100 (150 on mmpro with timing after 5 minutes) with the 6.5. Though in the sc with 13.5 the timing really hits in and makes it faster than the gtb. I guess mmpro isn't a good mod esc. And no ext bec needed with 13.5, though the gtb needs a glitch buster with the savox servo in the tt.

I put the gtb behind the motor, perfect level flight without nose diving, a much better driving feeling. I think the smaller the speedo the better for this car and easier for weight distribution.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys I have a question regarding MY PERSONAL DRIVING STYLE

I currently dominate with my Hyper10sc which is really heavy with losi 8-ight big bores and 550 motor combined with RX8 pushing 3s of power!

Anyways, I love the way the truck behaves since I upgraded to 550 on 3s. The weight / power ratio is just insane.

I used to drive that truck with a 540(6100kv, 11t) on 2s and I was never 1st... Maybe because it was too light or not enough power?? who knows...

Now time to build my TTe

and I was thinking about the same setup

550 + 3s low gearing for optimzed weight / power ratio and low temps

but this is the part that is getting me confused
Since I will run on 3s with low gearing this gives me very low temps... Should I use the RS-Pro instead of that big RX8?? I also wanted to drive with the motor like the picture below.... but the 550 motor will not fit with this setup.... 3s is not an option its a must

Any one can help me?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

please read the previous post

Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hoousi
Crazy, but my tt is as fast with the gtb speedo than with the mmpro with timing (22 degrees) and temps are around 100 (150 on mmpro with timing after 5 minutes) with the 6.5. Though in the sc with 13.5 the timing really hits in and makes it faster than the gtb. I guess mmpro isn't a good mod esc. And no ext bec needed with 13.5, though the gtb needs a glitch buster with the savox servo in the tt.

I put the gtb behind the motor, perfect level flight without nose diving, a much better driving feeling. I think the smaller the speedo the better for this car and easier for weight distribution.
im not sure if your going to feel the timming boost hit as hard in the TT compaired to a 2wd sc. on the TT you have more drag on it and it seems like your mmpro has to try to work harder to get it up to speed for some reason. i know afew guys here are running the mmpro but they are running with a castle motor. That is strange you have to have the glitch buster on the gtb with that servo. i have had the gtb before and never put one on.

i will try my esc behind the motor since i have a lrp sxx and it has a smaller footprint
Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pirape
Hey guys I have a question regarding MY PERSONAL DRIVING STYLE

I currently dominate with my Hyper10sc which is really heavy with losi 8-ight big bores and 550 motor combined with RX8 pushing 3s of power!

Anyways, I love the way the truck behaves since I upgraded to 550 on 3s. The weight / power ratio is just insane.

I used to drive that truck with a 540(6100kv, 11t) on 2s and I was never 1st... Maybe because it was too light or not enough power?? who knows...

Now time to build my TTe

and I was thinking about the same setup

550 + 3s low gearing for optimzed weight / power ratio and low temps

but this is the part that is getting me confused
Since I will run on 3s with low gearing this gives me very low temps... Should I use the RS-Pro instead of that big RX8?? I also wanted to drive with the motor like the picture below.... but the 550 motor will not fit with this setup.... 3s is not an option its a must

Any one can help me?
i dont see how you can get the motor like you have it in your sc on the TT. you would have to move the batt box and have to drill holes for it along with the hole for the mount. the way the TT sits for me is really nice. If the RS-Pro will work with a 550 motor i would use that since it will be lighter and the footprint will be way smaller. You can also try a 6.5 or lower with the 3s hooked up to see how it is for your driving style. For me a 3s will be insane with a 6.5 motor. i hold right with 8th scale buggies all the time with just a 2s so im sure a 3s will be nuts
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

i dont see how you can get the motor like you have it in your sc on the TT. you would have to move the batt box and have to drill holes for it along with the hole for the mount. the way the TT sits for me is really nice. If the RS-Pro will work with a 550 motor i would use that since it will be lighter and the footprint will be way smaller. You can also try a 6.5 or lower with the 3s hooked up to see how it is for your driving style. For me a 3s will be insane with a 6.5 motor. i hold right with 8th scale buggies all the time with just a 2s so im sure a 3s will be nuts
I appreciate your feedback, Although 3s is not as nuts as 2s I dont go faster because I run 3s.. I just run 3s to keep temps low... And I love to torque and the consistancy of 3s
Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pirape
I appreciate your feedback, Although 3s is not as nuts as 2s I dont go faster because I run 3s.. I just run 3s to keep temps low... And I love to torque and the consistancy of 3s
very true on the 3s. i run truggy also and run a 4s batt and im thinking of doing a nice 3s instead for it because with a 4s the truggy likes to pull wheelies on the straight lol
Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

im not sure if your going to feel the timming boost hit as hard in the TT compaired to a 2wd sc. on the TT you have more drag on it and it seems like your mmpro has to try to work harder to get it up to speed for some reason. i know afew guys here are running the mmpro but they are running with a castle motor. That is strange you have to have the glitch buster on the gtb with that servo. i have had the gtb before and never put one on.

i will try my esc behind the motor since i have a lrp sxx and it has a smaller footprint

I think the savox are known for being power hungry, never had a prob with the gtb otherwise the last 2-3 years (touring car before), and the glitch buster is not a big deal, but i had a power hole after 10 minutes running.
My gtb just surpasses the chassis a little bit at the rear diagonal edge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.