Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WolfAusti
What I'm really looking for is just some more rotation. I really like the feel of a buggy that will rotate on command. Not to compare apples to oranges, but this is one of the handling characteristics I really love about my eb48. Exceptional rotation on demand.
why not tune the camber links. Take the spacers out from under the rear inner ball studs and watch the rear come alive.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

New Gearbox and brace set. Looks lower IMO maybe the reason for a new brace set, but my eyes could deceive me though. Also new shock oring, in different hardness's?

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD310459

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320270
Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekt
No, not the same gearbox as the worlds, just a sturdier v1 with an additional camberlink mounting hole and the sway bar mount molded into it.
Asked about it a couple days ago, it does look lower to me but won't know till its available.

I shaved a gear box 2mm and will install it today or tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Wow..A-Main has the 210 RTR for $199 & free shipping. .smokin deal for someone looking to get into buggy racing for cheap..
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Wow..A-Main has the 210 RTR for $199 & free shipping. .smokin deal for someone looking to get into buggy racing for cheap..
So does tower. I dunno about AMain but I'm hearing that the RTR's include the b chassis upgrades but they aren't installed.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
So does tower. I dunno about AMain but I'm hearing that the RTR's include the b chassis upgrades but they aren't installed.
That's cool..I'm wondering if they still have the old chassis and if it does the "B" up-grades aren't needed..not sure if you have the new chassis or not but if you have a new chassis you have to use the "B" up-graded parts, because the old stuff won't work..it does make me wonder if durango is coming out with a new car..I've seen losi do this when they are coming out with a new car..blow out the old stuff before they let the "public" know..pretty much in my area the DEX210 has lost favor and I'm about the only guy still racing one..everyone has switched to the RB6..I'm on my last try myself..building a new +8 B chassis car to run in the 17.5 class..no weight added..avid slipper. .shortie pack ran all the way to the servo..I'll see how it works..
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a 210 simply due to the price but it's a good car. However I see no reason why any other buggy out there is any more or less competitive. They almost all share the exact same or nearly the same suspension geometry since everyone copies everyone else. That means they can all be tuned very close to the same as each other. Any true advantage from one to the other is purely trivial. I think the reason some think one is better than the other is purely academic. Who won what race driving what car? The B4 was on top of it all until last month. It comes in 3rd out of 172 (ish) people and it suddenly sucks with excuses like the C4.2 conversion was meant to European tracks not ours, or the B4.2 platform is too old to be competitive. The RB6 wins so it must be the best. All of these are excuses. Put all of these cars on a track just sitting there with no one driving them and let me know which one wins. They'll just keep sitting there doing nothing. Justifications usually seem to ignore the driver. Results with different cars where people base their experiences off of whose setup sheet they copied are completely based on the driver though since that's the person who setup the car. Your experiences are based on theirs and not everyone out there is equal. Perhaps nearly so in driving ability but certainly not in setup. Yet everyone draws rock solid conclusions as a result. If the 210 doesn't work as well as any RB6 or vice versa, it's purely a setup issue and has nothing to do with the car design. They are all equally capable in the right hands.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

That's cool..I'm wondering if they still have the old chassis and if it does the "B" up-grades aren't needed..not sure if you have the new chassis or not but if you have a new chassis you have to use the "B" up-graded parts, because the old stuff won't work..it does make me wonder if durango is coming out with a new car..I've seen losi do this when they are coming out with a new car..blow out the old stuff before they let the "public" know..pretty much in my area the DEX210 has lost favor and I'm about the only guy still racing one..everyone has switched to the RB6..I'm on my last try myself..building a new +8 B chassis car to run in the 17.5 class..no weight added..avid slipper. .shortie pack ran all the way to the servo..I'll see how it works..
It still comes with the old stuff installed. Remember, talking about the RTR here.

I have the b stuff from my SC and ST. Already had a +10 aluminum on the dex210 and I'm not changing it. Rumor is sometime in the spring for the new car. I did unofficially hear that the v2 is more of an upgrade and that we should be able to upgrade the existing kit. A lot of Durango drivers here switched as well but until the car holds me back, I'm sticking with them.

Originally Posted by fredswain
If the 210 doesn't work as well as any RB6 or vice versa, it's purely a setup issue and has nothing to do with the car design. They are all equally capable in the right hands.
I agree with this for 98% of drivers. I absolutely think little differences can be felt by top drivers.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
It still comes with the old stuff installed. Remember, talking about the RTR here.

I have the b stuff from my SC and ST. Already had a +10 aluminum on the dex210 and I'm not changing it. Rumor is sometime in the spring for the new car. I did unofficially hear that the v2 is more of an upgrade and that we should be able to upgrade the existing kit. A lot of Durango drivers here switched as well but until the car holds me back, I'm sticking with them.

I agree with this for 98% of drivers. I absolutely think little differences can be felt by top drivers.
I bought all 3 rtr kits, buggy, sc and st. The ST came with an extra chassis set (Type B), not sure if I should install it on the ST or SC.

Which truck do you think would benefit most from the stiffer chassis?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattjk
I bought all 3 rtr kits, buggy, sc and st. The ST came with an extra chassis set (Type B), not sure if I should install it on the ST or SC.

The ST chassis should be shorter than the SC.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattjk

Yup. EvanAZ's right, won't fit. The SC would have benefit the most though. Try calling them. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

ok. thanks both of you
Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

It comes with all the b chassis parts (atleast the red one does) the red one had a special sticker on the box indicating it had these parts the blue one I also purchased did not have the sticker or the parts.

Took it to the track this morning and I must say this thing is so dang fun! Took me a minute to get a handle on the 2wd driving style but man what a blast. Is definitely going to make me a better 1/8 driver. Going to bring it to the races tomorrow and run some of practice with it.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Track is a little rad for this little car but I'm gonna run a pack in practice anyway. http://youtu.be/b2M7sPW1DbU
Old 10-11-2013, 05:36 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
New Gearbox and brace set. Looks lower IMO maybe the reason for a new brace set, but my eyes could deceive me though. Also new shock oring, in different hardness's?

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD310459

From what I've read, the type b stuff just brings additional tuning options and slight updates. #TD320269 goes with #TD320270 for easier removal of the transmission case when running RM.

Originally Posted by Doughty
Hello All,

this updated gearbox is used with some other new Type B parts to allow much easier gearbox access when in RM. it also has at lot of strength and geometry updates for rear inner camber links.

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320269
and

the rear 'finger' brace no longer traps the gearbox.
the upper brace for RM now screws in from the top instead of underneath through the the 'finger' brace.

regarding the worlds gearbox, to be quite honest, the performance gain we thought we might get just wasn't there for the new gearbox. its certainly nothing worth releasing just yet, we will continue to work and update for future versions.
Pic of #TD320269

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.