Originally Posted by sam1950
What parts from the 1.0 can be used as spares for the 2.0
Arms, bumpers, screws, drive shafts, gears, bearings, hubs
Old 06-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What parts from the 1.0 can be used as spares for the 2.0
Basically the front and rear clips, diffs, drive shafts and center diff mount from the chassis.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Arms, bumpers, screws, drive shafts, gears, bearings, hubs
Originally Posted by Casper
Basically the front and rear clips, diffs, drive shafts and center diff mount from the chassis.
Thank you both for the quick response.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

with all the chat about the 2 hole shock set up what's the benefit of this newb here. What do I need to do to apply this 2 hole setup. Part # would be great
Old 06-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thank you both for the quick response.
Sam do your self a favor buy the 2.0 kit is going to cost you way less if you try to save money by piecing the kit is going cost you more , maybe less but not by much , if you are anything like me im very picky i would be wanting to upgrade here and there so here you are , spend the the same or more if you would have allready bought the 2.0 from the very beggining believe me i`ve done it myself I spent more then I needed if I would have just bought the kit from the very beggining LOL
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mavdriver
Sam do your self a favor buy the 2.0 kit is going to cost you way less if you try to save money by piecing the kit is going cost you more , maybe less but not by much , if you are anything like me im very picky i would be wanting to upgrade here and there so here you are , spend the the same or more if you would have allready bought the 2.0 from the very beggining believe me i`ve done it myself I spent more then I needed if I would have just bought the kit from the very beggining LOL
I agree with you 100%. I already bought the 2.0 . I was asking about the 1.0 because I was hoping to find one cheap and use it for spare parts. I've been racing the 2.0 for 3 weeks and my lap times have improved by more than 1.5 seconds over an lcg slash with a tekin rx8 and pro4 4600.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has there been report of any other plastic parts shrinking besides the lower shock caps? I bought a losi 2.0 kit NIB from another person and the lower shock caps were shrunken and it also seems that some of the plastic parts that have 1/16th screws are REALLY hard. I have striped one of the diff screws and one of the servo mount screws, and all the other servo mount screws and diff screws have worn heads. I even got a brand new 1/16 high quality wrench and a screw still stripped out. I would contact Horizon about it but as I bought it from another person I have no receipt.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aravan
Has there been report of any other plastic parts shrinking besides the lower shock caps? I bought a losi 2.0 kit NIB from another person and the lower shock caps were shrunken and it also seems that some of the plastic parts that have 1/16th screws are REALLY hard. I have striped one of the diff screws and one of the servo mount screws, and all the other servo mount screws and diff screws have worn heads. I even got a brand new 1/16 high quality wrench and a screw still stripped out. I would contact Horizon about it but as I bought it from another person I have no receipt.
I have had the same problem with the diff screws. It is actually quite common unfortunately. Lots of guys replace the diff screws with HPI part z449 and the problem is solved... well, once you get the stripped screw out of the diff. . I believe Losi used a Steel and paper mache alloy for these screws.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Aravan
The diff cases were updated to the HD on the 2.0. The holes are a little tighter and you have to be careful threading them the first time. It is recommended to pre tap the holes in the cases and make sure you thread straight and don't wobble the wrench as you turn it in. (easier to do when you are just threading into the case then when you are trying to hold everything together and thread for the first time.)

The lower shock cap was an issue from a long time ago but never really picked up as the shocks were assembled with power tools at the factory and they did not have an issue using the tooling they had to get them one. Once they ended up in kits they identified the issue and corrected it.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

How much different is the 2.0 than a 1.0 with all the TLR upgrades and all the King Headz stuff?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

With a lot of people testing different setups, has anyone tried stiffer rear springs? Just curious, if anyone has, how did it effect the handling of the truck?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
How much different is the 2.0 than a 1.0 with all the TLR upgrades and all the King Headz stuff?
2.0 has better weight balance and that is huge for the handling of the car. The other benefit is you get all the TLR upgrade parts for adjusting as well as the new camber locations front and rear on the updated towers.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
2.0 has better weight balance and that is huge for the handling of the car. The other benefit is you get all the TLR upgrade parts for adjusting as well as the new camber locations front and rear on the updated towers.
Thanks Casper, so for what I have now about all I need is a chassis and towers?
Old 06-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Thanks Casper, so for what I have now about all I need is a chassis and towers?
Well actually you need chassis, side guards, servo mount, battery tray, front and rear torque rods, Chassis foam pads for the battery. It is a combo of it all as most of the 1.0 center chassis stuff does not fit on the 2.0 chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.