Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LVBaja
The rest of the electric mains were 10 minutes, but they shortened the 4x4SC main to 7 minutes because guys were worried they couldn't last 10.
I thought it was 10 min (my bad) I saw it on the board 10 min did'nt realize they changed it. 2wheel sc main was 10 min.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
With an emulsion shock you have to let the shock suck some air. You are creating a vaccum in the shock when you push the shaft all the way up to displace the oil and then seal it off. Stroke the shock back and forth a few times and it should normalize. A little suck back is not bad as well as a touch of rebound. It is the shock trying to normalize itself.
Thanks Casper. I will try that tonight.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just called nitrohouse and they discontinued the 1.0 bump chassis and are working on a 2.0 chassis with different braces and a receiver box.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rcgod
Just called nitrohouse and they discontinued the 1.0 bump chassis and are working on a 2.0 chassis with different braces and a receiver box.
I'll be looking at that with great interest.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can someone explain to me how you can run the 22 pistons with 2 holes and thicker fluid over the stock pistons with thinner fluid will work? Wouldn't this create a lot more pack?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Will the battery strap from the 2.0 fit the 1.0 ?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blade329
Having problems building the shocks. I have always sucked at this. In regards to the emulsion caps with the bleeding screws. I followed the directions on a Youtube video, but the shocks never come out right for me. I'll compress the shaft all the way up, some oil comes out, then put the bleed screw into the cap. I pull the shaft all the way down, then it gets sucked back up on it's own. What causes this? I followed the bleed instructions exactly, but it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?
Build with no rebound (shock all the way up). Close screw and pump shock multiple times in an upward position. Open screw when shaft is extended and slowly push in. Usually some oil still seeps out. Close screw.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

I'll be looking at that with great interest.
+1 sounds awesome .
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
I'd be happy with just a Bump version of the stock 2.0 without any bells and whistles. The original Bump held up great and I don't need a receiver box.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Will the battery strap from the 2.0 fit the 1.0 ?
Not unless you modify the tray. Would have to add the 2.0 standoffs to the 1.0 tray. I have both and like Velcro better.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Tried the new dunford setup minus the shock pistons and oils(running the 2 hole still) on a dusty medium traction track. Overall im undecided if i like it. I do like the extra acceleration in a straight line. I liked the extra droop in the front as it made the front come down quicker in the air to get the front tires to land on the down side of every jump. The extra kick-up in combo with the extra droop did put more weight to the rear as the front end raise up under acceleration. Black springs and hubs all the way back did make the car more stable(all ready did this prior to the setup change). Car seemed like it had almost too much on power steering. More steering overall, just need a slight more stability so i can stand on it even more when needed without worrying about washout in a turn. Wish i had some lap time comparisons. Not sure if 5 in the center would help to get a little more stability. The car is almost there keep up dunford and casper!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Having problems building the shocks. I have always sucked at this. In regards to the emulsion caps with the bleeding screws. I followed the directions on a Youtube video, but the shocks never come out right for me. I'll compress the shaft all the way up, some oil comes out, then put the bleed screw into the cap. I pull the shaft all the way down, then it gets sucked back up on it's own. What causes this? I followed the bleed instructions exactly, but it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Yea i had the same issue but im pretty sure it stop doing that once i ran my truck a few times i dont think it causes issues . I had some rebound in my i dont think i noticed it on the track .
Old 06-05-2013, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Casper
With an emulsion shock you have to let the shock suck some air. You are creating a vaccum in the shock when you push the shaft all the way up to displace the oil and then seal it off. Stroke the shock back and forth a few times and it should normalize. A little suck back is not bad as well as a touch of rebound. It is the shock trying to normalize itself.
It worked! I did this last night and worked great. Thanks again.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
Tried the new dunford setup minus the shock pistons and oils(running the 2 hole still) on a dusty medium traction track. Overall im undecided if i like it. I do like the extra acceleration in a straight line. I liked the extra droop in the front as it made the front come down quicker in the air to get the front tires to land on the down side of every jump. The extra kick-up in combo with the extra droop did put more weight to the rear as the front end raise up under acceleration. Black springs and hubs all the way back did make the car more stable(all ready did this prior to the setup change). Car seemed like it had almost too much on power steering. More steering overall, just need a slight more stability so i can stand on it even more when needed without worrying about washout in a turn. Wish i had some lap time comparisons. Not sure if 5 in the center would help to get a little more stability. The car is almost there keep up dunford and casper!
Ryan suggests to double check your toe out in the front. Push the front tires in to take out steering slop when adjusting toe out on the front end. A little more toe out will make the truck more stable on exit. If your track is bumpy or loose 5K in the center would calm it down but take away a little of that forward bite you like. The other setup changes effect the forward drive as well so it should not be a dramatic change in foward bite.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
Thanks or the feedback, still working on it a bit. I can tell you that when Casper changed to the 4 hole setup, it locked his truck in a bit better. It does not land as good as the 2 hole setup with the shocks though. We are still messing around to find a balance there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.