Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

I have just bought a SP 2.1 Prostock speedo. Can anyone help in the adjustments? I am running SP Competition 3.0 13,5T in a quite big carpet track.
DRRS and DMTS settings?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by san.
I'm bit a confused and having problems finding a balance with the beta software.

Need some help understanding the difference between #4 DRRS (Start Mode) and #15 Supercharger Punch. And how they affect and/or compliment each other? Similarly, #9 AMTS (Timing) and #12 Supercharger Boost Level.

Thx.
Did this ever get cleared up? I have been following the thread closely but haven't seen an answer yet. I really want to join the turbo party, but not blow up too many motors.

Cheers

Ben

Ps. For big boys cars doesn't a supercharger operate throughout the full rev range as it is connected directly to the fan belt, where a turbo charger kicks in at a higher RPM as the turbine is spun from the hot exhaust gases. I would have thought that the 107 software is more like a supercharger and this new software more like the VW supercharged-turbo charged combination engines ( http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/tsi ) SP V2.0 TSi My pedantic side coming out
Old 03-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
Did this ever get cleared up? I have been following the thread closely but haven't seen an answer yet. I really want to join the turbo party, but not blow up too many motors.

Cheers

Ben

Ps. For big boys cars doesn't a supercharger operate throughout the full rev range as it is connected directly to the fan belt, where a turbo charger kicks in at a higher RPM as the turbine is spun from the hot exhaust gases. I would have thought that the 107 software is more like a supercharger and this new software more like the VW supercharged-turbo charged combination engines ( http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/tsi ) SP V2.0 TSi My pedantic side coming out

To clarify:
AMTS and DDRS is what the 1st Generation SP esc's had. Basicaly Single stage ESC.

Now, with Levels 12-15, it adds a second stage kinda like a 2nd gear with a second set of adjustments.

With that being said, AMTS and DDRS are setting for the fist part of the ESC, then when the Supercharger kicks in, the next set of settings kick in.

So yes, they do compliment each other, to a point. WHen you have too much high timing on AMTS, the Supercharger doesn't seems to like it for some reason so in order to have a better"2nd gear", we have found having lower timing gives stronger boost.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi guys,

if i wanna start racing 1/12 scale, what would be my best choise from Speed Passion for an ESC and a 13.5T BL motor??

cheers
Ali
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I am from Germany and we have the TCM meeting here next weekend.
There we use the LRP X12 13,5T for Stock Racing.
the track is a big indoor track,long straight...

Has anyone tested the X12 13,5T with the 230Stock Software?

Which motorttiming do you use?
and which settings for the speedo?
which FDR?

my speedo ist the GT 2.0 Pro.

thanks for reply!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

What would you guys recommend for sp 230 firmware turbo settings,
our track size is 55 x 33meters (around 50 meters straight), aspalt temp 55-60C, ambient temp 32C, sp 11.5T ver 3.0 w/ motor timing +10, fdr 4.9

also does the 5000mah 50C battery add more punch compare to 5000mah 40C batt?

TIA
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just going through the thread to get ready for the upgrade... Shawn, can you clarify this post please?

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
......Starting from scratch:
1) Start out with a slow FDR (7.0) gear ratio
2) Start with #14 off and #15 at value 8
3) For 13.5 start with #12 at stage 4, for 17.5 at stage 6......
I'm not sure on item 2 as #15 only goes to value 6. Can you confirm if you meant that to be a different setting or a different value? Thanks!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blade7
Hello,

I am from Germany and we have the TCM meeting here next weekend.
There we use the LRP X12 13,5T for Stock Racing.
the track is a big indoor track,long straight...

Has anyone tested the X12 13,5T with the 230Stock Software?

Which motorttiming do you use?
and which settings for the speedo?
which FDR?

my speedo ist the GT 2.0 Pro.

thanks for reply!
a lot of feedback with the X12 motors dont seem to be good.
This past weekend a buddy tried his and it just wasnt performing and made more heat.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razzor
This past weekend a buddy tried his and it just wasnt performing and made more heat.
I would start with the 4 dot timing insert which is -10 since this motor has so much timing advance built in from the factory, this will help to ensure that you're not over timing things. Then slowly work up on the supercharger punch and supercharger delay settings, if you get it going ok like that then move to a -5 insert on the motor.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Supercharger Firmware

Hi guys just thought I would share my findings with you to help the guys get a starting point with the new firmware i ran (231) on GT 2.0 Pro in a Mi4LP with a SP 13.5 Ultra sportsman Series motor, with 5200 Lipo

Our track is a asphalt, outdoor, with a +-45 meter straight, fairly flowing & technical , we setup a practice day with the amb timing system for accurate results,

Day 1 - I started out at the recomended 7.0 FDR and we run foam tires here in SA so the roll out was about the 26 mm with 60 mm tires, which I initailly thought to be way too low, but gave it a few runs to get used to the new feel of the car and setting up the delays etc for the straight and wow !!! very happy with what the car is capable of ! I tried going up in gearing about 6.0 FDR and the car was slower, flat on the infield and boosted too late on the straight, so i dropped to lower gearing 7.8 FDR and re-tested and the car was better infield but lacked the ooopmh the car had in its first run ... Skittee (who runs a Photon and Tekin ) were pushing each others times down all day we both smashed the tracks lap records by almost 3 tenths so we were both very happy with the days testing.

Day 2 - I setup the car back to the 7 FDR (which for our track was spot on)and 59mm tires and started experimenting with the punch and total boost settings, and found that I had to almost max the punch and Boost levels to get really good rip corner to corner, i even tried the 230 firmware (but ran too hot for my liking and no faster than 231) so i re-loaded the 231 and ended up with the following:

12) value 9 (Max)
13) value 2
14) value 5
15) value 2

after 5 min run my motor temped @ 68 celcius which is awesome (cooler than 110) and on day 2 I knocked another tenth off the lap record

so in summary SP have definatly found the speed to keep up and run quicker than the tekins and am eagerly awaiting the new revision which Adam/Shawn say's improves the mid range punch ! but very happy with the progress so far guys tx so much !!!

just hoping we can get a beta copy of the new stuff so that we here is SA can test and use at the upcomming nationals mid april ! (hint hint )
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skitee
I would start with the 4 dot timing insert which is -10 since this motor has so much timing advance built in from the factory, this will help to ensure that you're not over timing things. Then slowly work up on the supercharger punch and supercharger delay settings, if you get it going ok like that then move to a -5 insert on the motor.
Would agree there sounds like a over timmed issue
Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by razzor
hi,
the same things happend to me last weekend, no good punch out of the cornerwith the 230 stock.
there was a guy with a speedpassion 3.0 13,5T and he uses the 107 stock and was faster than me.
so i tried the 107 stock with the X12 and it was much better out of corner,but with a FDR of 7,8 . but the LRP speedo driver are faster the first 10 meters on the straight, so i need more punch (supercharger) to have the same speed.
I think with X12 we need a low FDR ,because the higher FDR only makes more temp and no good good punch out of the corner.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone got a good set up for a medium size carpet track , with fast straights and twisty bits , im going to use a novak ss 10.5t with the sp lpf esc ...

cheers for your help , im trying to get it set up tonight ...
Old 03-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone ran a lrp x12 5.5t with the gt 2.0 pro? Is it better to run more esc timing than motor timing? For a track with a 50m straight?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Where do you race that has a 50m straight keef?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.