Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by @tomino
good morning (in Italy are 7.45 am)

very grateful for your response;
is really important to have feedback from a team driver SP; doubt that the engine could be the problem, not the software, already come after the first test, and I had already decided to do some test with engine SP.
I never imagined, however, that the Novak, who like so many do RPM, could lose much.
I reasoned that a FW that develops many RPM combined with a Novak would give top performance. Obvious I'm wrong.
Last question: with 10.5 continue testing with the 230 or 231?

Hi

I have similar probelm that I don't know which one suitible for me. I try 230 and 231 running termpowers 10.5T motor FDR from 6.9-7.6 and feel no different........ of course the supercharger setting is not perfect now.

so I really hope someone can try and share with me, thank you so much!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

For everyone stating that they are not noticing any difference or improvement, what are you changing in the new software?

Are you?
  • Loading the version of the software twice
  • Calibrating after the last upgrade (a must)
  • Leaving the default settings and testing from there (helps benchmarking)
  • Leaving the default settings and only changing what Shawn suggested
  • Lowering DRRS to linear settings and AMTS to 3.75deg
  • Testing after every single change

To make it easier for Shawn, Adam, Charlie and all others to help us, list your car type, motor model and the motor's mechanical timing as well. Please stop posting that it's not working without any information to help troubleshoot.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
For everyone stating that they are not noticing any difference or improvement, what are you changing in the new software?

Are you?
  • Loading the version of the software twice
  • Calibrating after the last upgrade (a must)
  • Leaving the default settings and testing from there (helps benchmarking)
  • Leaving the default settings and only changing what Shawn suggested
  • Lowering DRRS to linear settings and AMTS to 3.75deg
  • Testing after every single change

To make it easier for Shawn, Adam, Charlie and all others to help us, list your car type, motor model and the motor's mechanical timing as well. Please stop posting that it's not working without any information to help troubleshoot.

My hero!
Yes guys, keep in mind, ALL situations are different. We can post our settings which works for us, but it doesn't mean it will be ideal for all of your needs. Just like anything, the set ups we post are for your guidance. ideally, motors, timing on motors, cars, gear ratios, sauce or no sauce, body, wing, insert, and all other factors plays a role in your overall set ups. I found that on the long straights, my wing was hurting me due to too much down force, taking away at least 1mph on the straight! Breaking it down like Shawn did is the BEST way for you to get your results for YOUR driving needs. If you list what you are running and the track you are running at, it would make it much more simple for us to attempt to help you if needed still. Just posting "I have motor X and im slow" will not give us any feedback onto where or what direction to give you.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fisrt impression

I have used my combo (GT2.0+10.5R) this past weekend in São Paulo - Brazil.

The software still the original and if I am not wrong it is more to modified them to stock class, so we will be changing it for the stock one.

Now the question is making this change what are going to be the differences? I know it is going to work on motor timing but the difference is huge?

On the race the difference between us and the guys using LRP on the straight was big, on corners we were faster.

I want to know because if there is a big difference I will ask the Speedpassion agent to bring a stockspec for me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

have you guys tried retarding the timing on the novaks as they come stock I believe with like 30 degrees of timing built in?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anyone here run 1S with the new software yet?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by charlie_b
My hero!
Yes guys, keep in mind, ALL situations are different. We can post our settings which works for us, but it doesn't mean it will be ideal for all of your needs. Just like anything, the set ups we post are for your guidance. ideally, motors, timing on motors, cars, gear ratios, sauce or no sauce, body, wing, insert, and all other factors plays a role in your overall set ups. I found that on the long straights, my wing was hurting me due to too much down force, taking away at least 1mph on the straight! Breaking it down like Shawn did is the BEST way for you to get your results for YOUR driving needs. If you list what you are running and the track you are running at, it would make it much more simple for us to attempt to help you if needed still. Just posting "I have motor X and im slow" will not give us any feedback onto where or what direction to give you.

you are right, this is my configuration in the tests

Firmware 231
Xray T2'009 FDR 8,4 in the first test and FDR 6,9 in the second test
Motor Novak Ballistic 10,5T timing 0 13mm rotor.
Foam tires 58

DRRS=9
AMTS=5
item 12=9
item 13=7
item 14=1
item 15=6

result test with both FDR are the same. Best velocity on the straight but very loss punch on the corner exit. Motor temp between 65/80 degree C.
80 degree C with FDR 8,4

regards @tomino
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Tomino, when i had the 231 on I noticed a good increase in corner exit (punch) when lowering setting 15 to 5 or 4.

I would try reducing DRRS back to 7 ATMS to 4, run that - check temp and then change #15 to 5 and see if you notice any performance increase.

The reason i suggest dropping DRRS and ATMS first is 80 is pushing my personal safe limit, and dropping #15 will increase temps.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by geubes
Tomino, when i had the 231 on I noticed a good increase in corner exit (punch) when lowering setting 15 to 5 or 4.

I would try reducing DRRS back to 7 ATMS to 4, run that - check temp and then change #15 to 5 and see if you notice any performance increase.

The reason i suggest dropping DRRS and ATMS first is 80 is pushing my personal safe limit, and dropping #15 will increase temps.
I thought dropping 15 will reduce the punch and therefor the temp? Am I reading this wrong?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

you are right, this is my configuration in the tests

Firmware 231
Xray T2'009 FDR 8,4 in the first test and FDR 6,9 in the second test
Motor Novak Ballistic 10,5T timing 0 13mm rotor.
Foam tires 58

DRRS=9
AMTS=5
item 12=9
item 13=7
item 14=1
item 15=6

result test with both FDR are the same. Best velocity on the straight but very loss punch on the corner exit. Motor temp between 65/80 degree C.
80 degree C with FDR 8,4

regards @tomino
DRRS=8
AMTS=6
item 12=8
item 13=2
item 14=3
item 15=3

Assuming you are running on a track at about 120' straights, try this and adjust accordingly. Raising the parameters on 13-15 will give you cooler temps, but will allow the power to kick in later. Again, this is a base you can try to figure out your ideal set up. Goodluck. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone here run 1S with the new software yet?
Good question I was wondering the same thing?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Remember this too.....GEARING does not generate heat to the can, Timing does.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

charlie thanks for the advice;
I will experiment with the set that you have given me and I will know the results.
With what FW you advice me to try? 230 or 231? which motor 10,5T? Novak or SP??

regards @tomino
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

charlie thanks for the advice;
I will experiment with the set that you have given me and I will know the results.
With what FW you advice me to try? 230 or 231? which motor 10,5T? Novak or SP??

regards @tomino
For more punch, go with the 230. For a less aggressive feel, go with 231.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

I have one very important question to Shawn

- Does the supercharger timing add onto the AMTS timing setting or is it a totally seperate setting.

EG if your AMTS setting is 7.5 degrees and for example your Supercharger timing is 10 degrees, is the total timing your motor gets 17.5 degrees or is the total timing 10 degrees?

I have a feeling that they add together. The reason I say this is that the AMTS setting is critcal in how the motor runs and how hot the temp gets. The supercharger settings(especially 12 and 15) only seem to make a relatively small difference compared to AMTS.

Just my 2c
Michael Jones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.