Wiki Posts
Search

How to CONTROL your Nerves??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Confidence and experience are important keys. Being prepared and knowing your stuff is ready makes a big difference. It's all in the head. Be positive and don't let anything take it from you.

Not caring just lowers your expectations. So when you do bad it doesn't bother you. Not healthy. You need to aim high and have mercy and grace for yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Do your best to stay positive. Surround yourself with positive and successful people that draw the best out of you.

Don't medicate yourself. Numbing yourself isn't healthy either. Drugs are not the answer.

We all make mistakes just like the pro's. They just make fewer mistakes.
100% agree with you, i always race to win , when you just dont care, your driving skills wont develop and you will always race at the same level, i've seen that alot. i try to improve myself after each race, going through my mistakes and what could have been better and try to avoid those mistakes the next race/practice session.

Chris, thanx alot for your advices

cheers

Ali
Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys,

its been a while since we posted on this thread, well since then, i went to the Nitro party in Thailand and had a blast over there, took your advices to calm down and it did work, chewing gum and talk shit before the race we talked and laughed our A$$es out before the races and it helped alot to make you forget the tension.

last weekend, we had our 2nd race in the season here in Kuwit. i'm trying to quit smoking so i was chewing a nicorette 4mgs gum. during the 45min Amain, i think i sucked 500mgs out of the 4mgs gum but it helped alot.

cheers and chew on gums guys :P

Ali
Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im always nervous for the first bit of any race, big or small, I like to get out on the track as soon as possible for warmup to get some of the jitters out early so i can start the race calm!!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hey guys,

its been a while since we posted on this thread, well since then, i went to the Nitro party in Thailand and had a blast over there, took your advices to calm down and it did work, chewing gum and talk shit before the race we talked and laughed our A$$es out before the races and it helped alot to make you forget the tension.

last weekend, we had our 2nd race in the season here in Kuwit. i'm trying to quit smoking so i was chewing a nicorette 4mgs gum. during the 45min Amain, i think i sucked 500mgs out of the 4mgs gum but it helped alot.

cheers and chew on gums guys :P

Ali

Lol...500mg from 4mgs.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

as of late I have found that drinking less
caffeine like in red bull,coffee have helped for me!
and just taking a deep breath or two is not a bad thing
walla the corner flips your car for the third time
Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I look at it this way , the fastest of all fast guys aren't fast unless there shaking like leaf . Your nerves need to get excited to heighten and increase your hand eye coordination .

Shakin like leaf = Fast Mofo !!! LOL
Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Take a hit from the bong.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Take a hit from the bong.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At the RC Pro Finals I used a technique that both reduced my stress, and increased that of my opponent.

Just before the start I looked at the guy next to me on the drivers stand and said "you've sure got pretty eyes!"

He was obviously uneasy and I was having a hard time not laughing!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Focus on your car only and your race line and nothing else.... and if it helps dont think about me when I am behind you...
Old 01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Dont be in 1st place. last weekend I held onto 1st place for 5-10 laps and man I was nervous as hell>>> They are coming to get me like a pack of wolves. If I am in 2-3 or who knows what place then my nerves are ok. I always do great in quals because I know I am only racing against myself, I need to take that to the mains as well. Work in progress.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Dont be in 1st place. last weekend I held onto 1st place for 5-10 laps and man I was nervous as hell>>> They are coming to get me like a pack of wolves. If I am in 2-3 or who knows what place then my nerves are ok. I always do great in quals because I know I am only racing against myself, I need to take that to the mains as well. Work in progress.
thats always my problem too. i qualify well most of the time, but i totally blow it in the main.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

just be shure you dont drink energy drinks for a day or two befor the race and no coffie and if u cand stand it no cafeene and che gum while you are driving it allways helps me hut im hyper as hellz
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

So you like the pretty eyes bit.
To loosen up before the race:

I wack people with my antenna on my way up the stand and pretend i'm a noob that deosn't know better. Works best on the non-regular racers of course.

Sing show tunes.

Line-up backwards on the grid, then drive away when a marshal reaches for my car (an E thing).

Yell out "less than five" at random intervals.

spin around three times before picking a spot on the drivers stand.

say something random and stupid to the driver on each side of me before every race. IE: " I have a cat named molly."

Do at least 1 stupid thing during the warm up before the race. Doughnuts, run over the marshals foot (slowly), drive backwards down pit lane (if empty), hack a backmarker and say "there, needed that out of my system."

Bring an extra Traxxas radio up the stand with you. Throw it on the track, and point to the nearest person without a radio in there hands.

have fun, stress less.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w_kirk_jr
just be shure you dont drink energy drinks for a day or two befor the race and no coffie and if u cand stand it no cafeene and che gum while you are driving it allways helps me hut im hyper as hellz
Looks like 3 red bulls and a pot coffee while typing that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.