Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p
very interesting.
using the endbell to 20 (average motor current) which would be the rpm band, tested it?
The important thing (is difficult) is to what extent gains in performace, and find out what that point is to lose performance.

Nice job!
In all honesty, that experiment was only to figure out what is the effective timing the ESC makes. Performance still depends on setup time at the track!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by idbdoug
i have Xerun 120A 1S model. What is correct voltage cutoff for 1cell lipo's????? Will be used in 13.5 WGT
Thanks
idbdoug
My experience in 12th scale 1S/13.5T boosted, is that on 3.2V or lower, the cut-off stops the car, but on 3.4V, it first starts running slow, so you can find a save spot for your car. this is after approx 11-12 minutes on 6400mAh.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Tried the new 508 no timing on Friday. Wow what a difference. My car would actually lock up going into the corner if I was too hard on the brakes. Never felt that with the Esc before. Good job.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

How to get the v3 in blinky? I know its in the esc as #2 setup. But how to get it there?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
i have Xerun 120A 1S model. What is correct voltage cutoff for 1cell lipo's????? Will be used in 13.5 WGT
Thanks
idbdoug
I have mine disabled but 3.0, 3.2 is a safe bet. If your always racing 5min or 6min in WGT you'll never hit it.

If you practice for like 15min -20min then you might .. but at that point the battery has faded and your not getting much out of your practice run in the late stages.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobbywing V3.1 Guess this is the king of the hill now?

I guess that this is the most advanced esc right now. Is here anything that compares?

But what I really need to know, and you guys seem the most knowledgeable; is how are the bullet connectors attached to the ESC board and the Motor Boards to attach wires, is it a special connector with a pin in the end to fit into the hole on the board or are they regular bullet connectors that are soldered on with any (special) type of solder?

Thanks a lot,
R1
Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockit1
I guess that this is the most advanced esc right now. Is here anything that compares?

But what I really need to know, and you guys seem the most knowledgeable; is how are the bullet connectors attached to the ESC board and the Motor Boards to attach wires, is it a special connector with a pin in the end to fit into the hole on the board or are they regular bullet connectors that are soldered on with any (special) type of solder?

Thanks a lot,
R1
Hi there, they are a bullet connector with a pin underneath them to seat into the speedo. They're soldered on to the board, with space for you to solder your wires to instead of having to try and get wires through the board.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Huskerfan1212
How to get the v3 in blinky? I know its in the esc as #2 setup. But how to get it there?
There's two ways

1: Plug the speedo into a computer and use the PC Software to change modes (on the first tab when you connect the speedo)

2: Using a 2-in-1 programming box, connect the speedo and switch it on. Once it's gone to the first item, press the R/P button. This will show you which mode you are in. From there, press the value button to change between stored modes. Don't forget to press ok
Old 01-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Is it bad to be running cool? I've been running the xerun 60a 8.5t combo for a couple days & can't seem to get any temp gains. Maybe slightly warm, but barely noticeable by touch. I've geared up & down to no effect on temps on motor/esc

Timing is maxed, punch is at 1.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by UberPare
Is it bad to be running cool? I've been running the xerun 60a 8.5t combo for a couple days & can't seem to get any temp gains. Maybe slightly warm, but barely noticeable by touch. I've geared up & down to no effect on temps on motor/esc

Are you happy with the speed of the car ?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Are you happy with the speed of the car ?
It's ok I feel like it has more to give. Or it's not up to its full potential.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

It's ok I feel like it has more to give. Or it's not up to its full potential.

what is your boost start RPM set at?
And the timing ACC?

Those 2 values have a lot of influence....
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Punch at 1 is very low. I've never run below 7 myself. I have a feeling that someone, somewhere mentioned that the ESC needs to be at quite a high punch level for the timing to actually engage (never tested myself).
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Interesting approach. But I would also call the 22Krpm a match as well, which means .5deg per step.

Along time ago, Micheal, and Angelo came on here and posted (basicly when I complained really loudly), that the HW was now using steps instead of the "true" degrees. The old FW used degrees (I believe 1224 was one of the last that used "true" degrees.)

I am sure they had their reasons, but Micheal gave a quick formula to calculate between the two, and it worked out to ~=.6 deg/per step, and max 38 degs timing.

I think your approach was very original. Bravo!

Cheers,
Shawn.
Good memory spot on with the .6 degree per step
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Hi there, they are a bullet connector with a pin underneath them to seat into the speedo. They're soldered on to the board, with space for you to solder your wires to instead of having to try and get wires through the board.

Thanks a lot, been trying to track them down, closest I can find is called a Solder Cup Terminal Pin. I know this forum seems to be all about setting up the speedo's, but the knowledge is here. Any idea on where to purchase these?

And is the V3.1 the best speedo ever made? Anything expect the (HW) branded ones like Orion or Hpi Flux pro, this good?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.