Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full Throttle RC Boonsboro MD.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nope I check when I picked it and at the counter an before I put it in the truck lolol
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I stopped by the track real quick. Lookin' real nice! Super happy to see you all putting so much work into this.

Quick Q for you all - what do you all think is going to be the most competitive / popular class?

I ask because I've been out of RC for a while (YEARS) but itching to get back in, so when I saw a local offroad track I figured I'd check it out. If I can swing it financially long term, this definately looks like the track to make home.

I used to complete with all 1/10 electric (buggy/truck) - but really interested in getting into some of the SC truck stuff. Looks like that's really picking up? Are SC trucks in ROAR competitions? Losi make a decent SC truck? (I've always favored Losi stuff..).

So how long was I out??

Here was the car that was being run just as I was getting out:
aedownloads.com/pdf/detroitrc10.pdf (add h t t p - I can't link yet)

That's the 1991 World's car.. Masami Hirosaka. So to do some quick math.. I see I have an old tool box filled with 20 year old bottles of Team Losi Performance Shock Oils, VRP diff lube, 20 year old motors, SCR batteries, the works. Can I sell it as vintage on EBay?? HAHA I have no idea where my Losi XX ended up.
I'll take those motors from you, I collect vintage R/C stuff. Pm me
Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I have a question, say I want to go practice one day during the week on a one day pass, who and how do I pay someone if no one is there to take payment?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile Get ahold of Alf for day pass

Get ahold of alf his number is on the track web site but he is there pretty much everyday that it's not raining so more than likely he will be there when you come out
Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Congrats on the grand opening guys! It looks like a lot of work and effort was put into the track. The pictures and videos look awesome. I'm looking forward to the short drive up to Boonsboro to turn in some laps. I have a quick question about the race/practice schedule. Are there races scheduled for Sunday? If not, is the track open for practice on this day?

-John
Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Man 50 bucks to join you have acsess to the track 6 days a week plus raceday.10 bucks a class on raceday for members .Really hard to beat that.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedemall
I have a question, say I want to go practice one day during the week on a one day pass, who and how do I pay someone if no one is there to take payment?
Well you can just buy a membership it will save you cash in the long run
Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

+1 blacksunshine

race days will be saturday

Last edited by 338lapua09; 05-12-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default For our local guys

Hey guys in Hagerstown/ close to hagerstown for a in person meet I have some stuff to unload I got a DX3.0 radio no reciver with it for $75.00 bucks in good shape also a MMGT 3.0 in great shape just needs a new motor I'll let it go for $100,00 OBO I Have a Traxxas XL5 waterproof never used took it right out of a slash and put it in a box with motor $40.00 I got a CC Sidewinder 5700 used 1 time so it's still new I want to upgrade to the Mamba max I should of bought it in the first place I'll let it go for $125.00 Firm I got a stock Losi 2.4 ghz that came from a losi desert truck no reciver $15.00 Anyone interested PM me
Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by mikal
I called and they told me they only stock 20%, I'll have to ride over there and check it out.
Mike
RTR 20% & 30% is all they stock going by there today to ask them to get some for me to sale track side hope to get 2 cases (that is if there not interested in keeping 25% in stock) not sure why they dont stock what 75% of guys use could be they just dont no what most guys use for club level racing we have over 12 guys running 25% thats a lot of fuel in a years time hope there on board for stocking it ASAP and hope it $100 a case or less
Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speedemall
Just give me a call 240-217-3680 we will hook you up with a day pass were usually at the track 10:00am till 7:00pm if weather permits us to be there
Old 05-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikal
Alf, when you talk to hagerstown moped, tell them 25% byrons gen 2. They stock 20%, but you would have to re-break in your motors to switch fuels. I would definitely buy a gallon. I think I have enough for this weekend, hopefully.

Thanks, Mike
You dont rebrake in a motor when you change fuel ( at least I dont ) a Re Tune is all it will need and very little of that how ever you may have put a shim in it to run the 30% but some time i dont even do that run till the rod hangs out of the block LOL LOL
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALF420
I no G works a full time job & runs a track what would be the best time for me to call him?? AM or PM and should I call the store # THANK YOU Robin I will give him a call just let me no what time is a good time for me to call THANKS
HI ALF, GARLAND WILL BE HERE ALL DAY TODAY (SAT. & SUN.10-6PM,TOO) FROM NOW UP UNTIL 7 PM.
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. ROBIN
Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by double_green
Congrats on the grand opening guys! It looks like a lot of work and effort was put into the track. The pictures and videos look awesome. I'm looking forward to the short drive up to Boonsboro to turn in some laps. I have a quick question about the race/practice schedule. Are there races scheduled for Sunday? If not, is the track open for practice on this day?

-John
The track is generally open to members for practice from morning until dusk during non-race times. The track "hours" were posted there last Saturday so that's what I'm basing this on. Since you have a little longer drive you'll want to confirm that with Albert or Brandon first to make sure you don't come expecting it to be open sometime and find it closed. Hope to see/meet you soon!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm working on adding a basic forum to the FTRC website. This will be the "official" public forum of FTRC open to anyone who wants to participate. As such it is intended to be a helpful, family friendly place for those wanting to share ideas, ask questions, engage in friendly "taunting", buy/sell, etc. Basic rules will be posted and will prohibit the trashing and/or disrespecting of any person, manufacturer, store, etc. and the threads will be monitored. Hopefully people will continue to frequent this thread as well so we can continue to get good exposure here on RCTech!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.