Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

LS is a short stroke, good for big tracks and long straights, LL is a long stroke, lots of torque, best for the infield where the races are won.

The 12-3Plus has a similer long stroke design to the LL thats why it also has good torque.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am thinking of getting a novarossi LL3 or LS3 Murnan modified, are they worth it? and which one will have a better overall performance, I dont really race a lot I just want a fast car.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcjayy
I am thinking of getting a novarossi LL3 or LS3 Murnan modified, are they worth it? and which one will have a better overall performance, I dont really race a lot I just want a fast car.
LL3
Old 09-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I ran both an LL3 Tuned & LS3 Tuned this weeked and for me the LS was the better motor. ON track the LL3 had a slightly higher peak RPM and a could pull a little more gear at the bottom but the slower spool up made the motor overal slightly slower.

I would say the LL had more peak power, but a narrow powerband and slow spoolup in the middle.

The LS has a very broad powerband, faster spool up, and doesn't drop off as much when outside the ideal rollout.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think the LS is better in all cases. I did not like the LL engine
Old 09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
I ran both an LL3 Tuned & LS3 Tuned this weeked and for me the LS was the better motor. ON track the LL3 had a slightly higher peak RPM and a could pull a little more gear at the bottom but the slower spool up made the motor overal slightly slower.

I would say the LL had more peak power, but a narrow powerband and slow spoolup in the middle.

The LS has a very broad powerband, faster spool up, and doesn't drop off as much when outside the ideal rollout.
Thanks for the very good info comparing these two engines. How do the powerbands compare to the WASP Rev CRF? Do you have better throttle/finger control in the bottom to mid range?

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Smile Novarossi rex rer12

How are we all going. I have a quick question for you guys.. Im looking at getting a Novarossi Rex RER12 motor. I currently have a OS 12TZ. I was wondering what your thoughts were on these two motors and how they would compare to each other.. My track is tight and twisty and i need a torque motor.. Can you give us some feedback on these two, especially the Novarossi.. Is it any good.??

Cheers
Ray
Old 09-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

The CRF has more top end power and revs much higher than both the LL & LS but felt unresponsive at the bottom with a delayed feeling @ the top.

The CRF start out with a slow spool up that increases exponentially as the revs climb. The Nova's have a linear feel with the LL dropping just a bit in the middle compared to the LS. For me the consistent spool up speed made the LL & LS feel more responsive, consistent, & easier to drive.

People who throttle like a switch will have trouble with the Nova's instant high power response but those with better control will love the motor's precise feel through the powerband.

Mark
Old 09-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

if you're going to buy the long stroke version, spend a little bit more and get the plus 12-3Ct.......fastest engine available..........
Old 09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Ray if you race on a small technical track I would suggest you stay with your TZ till it fades. From my experience the smaller tracks just don't take advantage of the high dollar power. If your motor is feeling sluggish out of the corner with a good tune your problem is either clutch setup or gearing. The TZ has good torq and more power than you can use on a small track.

Mark
Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ray if you race on a small technical track I would suggest you stay with your TZ till it fades. From my experience the smaller tracks just don't take advantage of the high dollar power. If your motor is feeling sluggish out of the corner with a good tune your problem is either clutch setup or gearing. The TZ has good torq and more power than you can use on a small track.

Mark
I agree!!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default re-motor

Cheers Mark
Old 09-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

i just looked at novarossi website, a bit confuse because of so many type of .12 engine.

just wondering, which one is the best for high speed track with 2 sweepers?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

The CRF has more top end power and revs much higher than both the LL & LS but felt unresponsive at the bottom with a delayed feeling @ the top.

The CRF start out with a slow spool up that increases exponentially as the revs climb. The Nova's have a linear feel with the LL dropping just a bit in the middle compared to the LS. For me the consistent spool up speed made the LL & LS feel more responsive, consistent, & easier to drive.

People who throttle like a switch will have trouble with the Nova's instant high power response but those with better control will love the motor's precise feel through the powerband.

Mark
I've tried 3 engines where i race i have to say by far my favourite was my tz, i'd say mostly due that its modded extremely well but the main corners on the track require a very slow pace and then theres a straight the LL3 worked extremely well for this application as the power was just there straight away but i disliked how it seemed to run out of puff about 1/2 way down the straight, my dad also tried the engine, and he also runs a modded TZ now.

You can't fault a TZ, good punch and great top end, tickled a little bit its just stunning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.