Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey Trinityracinnut--Shoot me that setup or post here. Thanks in advance--Al [email protected]

So are you guys saying that now we should use losi knuckles as well as the rear tower up front?? We're gonna have frankenstein cars pretty soon.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

TPhalen

Hmmm... ok, thanks. I have a XXX-S, so it will be easy for me to test this out. Thanks for the explaination.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Another great thing to use with the XXX-S knuckles, is the use of Exponential on a computer radio, you can use end point adjustment to set your maximum throw on the TC3 ( till the steering rack just barely hits left/right) then use negative Expo say -20%- 50% to de-tune the amount of steering throw during the initial turning of the steering wheel. That way if you do need maximum throw its there to use, just means you have to turn the steering wheel more........it actually wont limit the servo's throw, just the amount it travels versus wheel movement.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

I have to use a certain amount of neg-exp because when I do well I start to shake. . .it's actually quite comical. If I'm in the lead, about the only things that aren't shaking are my head and my left hand. . .

I'm not so bad now, and, for some reason, I don't shake at all when I'm driving Nitro - must be the fumes!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re:

why doesn't associated put pivot ball on the elect. tc3 or do they already have the option to do so ?
Old 10-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

There is no need for pivot balls on a electric tc.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tc3tuning guide

can somebody say where i can download the tuning guid or if some body can sent it to me .mij email is [email protected]
Old 10-09-2002, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by hobbipro
Another great thing to use with the XXX-S knuckles, is the use of Exponential on a computer radio, you can use end point adjustment to set your maximum throw on the TC3 ( till the steering rack just barely hits left/right) then use negative Expo say -20%- 50% to de-tune the amount of steering throw during the initial turning of the steering wheel. That way if you do need maximum throw its there to use, just means you have to turn the steering wheel more........it actually wont limit the servo's throw, just the amount it travels versus wheel movement.
I'd rather tune the chassis and let the radio settings 100% linear.
I would use the radio to tune the car as a last minute resort, though.

Last edited by redsand; 10-09-2002 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

gator: its proably the same reason that X-ray now offers a conversion to get rid of the pivot ball.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys, i just got a tc3.... have any of you tried the rally conversion on it? is it worth the price? Can it be used as an "offroad" 4wd buggy? Can it handle the big jumps?
Old 10-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry factory team bearings

Hello everybody I am new to the forum I race over in england
and have only one complaint about the car the factory team bearings are rubbish they have only lasted me 6 months even though I only race indoors they became gritty and one even slit down the middle and b4 u ask I am not a wall banger.
Has anybody else had this problem ????...
does anybody else race in england if so where so we can compare setups
Old 10-09-2002, 01:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Which bearings are you refering too? I have the FTTC3 and the only problem I had with the bearings was self induced. I took the seals off the front/rear hub carriers, not a good move. I replaced them with the rubber sealed bearings and haven't had any trouble with them. I do clean them out every other race just to make sure they still flow freely. I also took the seals off the diff bearings and they are still working great for me.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Me as well - I ran, for a time, with no seals and had to do a LOT of maintenance constantly.

I got a new set of the stock AE bearings and have just cleaned them every week (just sprayed and a drop of lube) - the wheel bearings, not the diff ones - and they've been really good. I haven't done much at all to the diff bearings - just cleaned them any time I have reworked the diff (not often. . .) and they've been great.

Are you running outdoors in any kind of dusty environment? If you are, then you will have to do more maintenance. 6 months does not sound like an unreasonable amount of time. I usually replace mine about twice a year. . .They are moving parts and will wear out and do require maintenance. . .
Old 10-10-2002, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

After working on my new FT TC3, I have noticed that there is quite a bit of binding between the diff gear and gear that connects the long shaft. Can spare some knowlledge on how to get bind free gears.

I have also noticed that the swaybars pop out of the mounts quite easily. The screws seem quite small to hold it in and there is quite a bit of play aswell. Any help with this would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

a small washer prevents the swaybar from slipping out of the allen screw head. you may have to grind one side a bit to clear the side of the gearbox cover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.