Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
I love this side of the ESC's we finally are able to become proper geeks with our speedo's can't wait for the comparisons,
hahaha
+1
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just ordered a Data logger with Hall sensor RPM reading, Voltage, Current, Speed converting software and 2 temp sensors. So let the GEEKNESS proceed
Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Just ordered a Data logger with Hall sensor RPM reading, Voltage, Current, Speed converting software and 2 temp sensors. So let the GEEKNESS proceed
Old 02-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr

Awww gee thanks always wanted one of those
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Dont want offend anybody.
But i think the last pages are a lack off geekness..
Just turning FULL speed after calibrating isn`t a little problem off 6 or 12ms,
It`s just not calibrated right, the instructions are poor and faults are made easy.
If it was only a little setting like that, it doesn`t went to full speed, just a little reving.
Next to that, getting the starting setting for a xxx turns motor is really not possible, the right settings are based on tracksize etc...not a manual, with the manual it is very easy to be off by 300%, so no speed or boost.
Just learn to program this esc and it will go like a bullet, no matter what software is used.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rbakker
Dont want offend anybody.
But i think the last pages are a lack off geekness..
Just turning FULL speed after calibrating isn`t a little problem off 6 or 12ms,
It`s just not calibrated right, the instructions are poor and faults are made easy.
If it was only a little setting like that, it doesn`t went to full speed, just a little reving.
Next to that, getting the starting setting for a xxx turns motor is really not possible, the right settings are based on tracksize etc...not a manual, with the manual it is very easy to be off by 300%, so no speed or boost.
Just learn to program this esc and it will go like a bullet, no matter what software is used.
+1

I couldn't agree more.

The way I get the best from the speedo is to first get your gearing about right, and dont use any turbo, get the car going well in the infield with boost and any other settings you want to apply, when your happy with the infield speed and feel, then, and only then, set your turbo to give you extra speed on the straight.

I raced 13.5t last Sunday using 119, one of the guys I raced against was using a Tekin RS Pro, and he's a consistently quick driver, his fastest lap time was only 0.02 of a second faster than mine, and I'm using an old SP V1.0!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default 119 Software and SP V3

Originally Posted by sosidge
Hi Ren,

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what standard of "heat" are you winning?

I'm not looking for heat wins, I'm generally looking to TQ club meetings, and generally looking for A-final placings in regional level meetings.

With 20-odd years experience at the sticks I believe I have a pretty good feel for a cars powerband.

From that basis, I have found 119 a significant disappointment compared to 518. 518 came with a very clear initial setup for 13.5 which I used and was extremely happy with. 119 came with a very vague initial setup (boost anywhere between 30 and 50, ratio anywhere between 5:1 and 7:1 etc.). I went for something more or less in the middle of these very wide ranges and found that the top end was perhaps better than on 518, but the bottom end and general throttle feel was a lot worse.

To read irgo's comments - and although irgo's posts have flaws, I do believe that he takes his measurements seriously - and add it in to a number of other comments on this thread, and what I have heard from people trackside, perhaps there really is a problem with the way 119 applies the boost?

Cherry - I'm afraid that as the UK importer, your comments will be interpreted as representing the product, even if you do not intend it.

Again, the overall impression I get is that this software has been rushed to the market without the same degree of testing that was put into 518. Three alternative versions released to the public (one officially) with a month is too many. A basic setup with such a wide range is virtually useless.

Anyway, I will quite happily go back to 518 for now as it was working well for me (although I personally will be looking to run in zero-timing classes over the summer). I have no problems with the Hobbywing hardware - it is good quality and represents excellent value - but feel that this software release has been handled badly.
Hi Sosidge

All comments are very much welcome and no offense is ever taken.

The driver, not myself is a new comer into Electric 1/10 tourer. Direct from 1/10 Nitro tourer. At the local track SERCCC Michael has only had 4 races out of the possible 10 allocated. In the last round (#6) has bettered all other drivers in 3 out of the 4 heats. Including fastest lap and outright wins.
Previous rounds where a teething period.

I too have been in this hobby/occupation, both in a retail environment and racer in 1/10 onroad and offroad and flyer for the last 20+ years through my store/business R.A.B. Hobbies.

We did try 518 and previous software and other brand ESC's but found that the HW119 gave a better and smoother feel and improved punch (better than previous rounds with other ESC's) and overall top speed (more speed can be extracted but we are cautious). This suited Mick's driving style. Obviously not all drivers are the same, myself included. To add some insight, i myself use a TEKIN RS and at this moment prefer the settings it provides in tuning until i find something better.

Credit to Irgo's posts but too much tech stuff for many to get their head around. This does include myself!
I prefer track time and setups to suit different venues. Not all are the same.

As with all new products coming out from suppliers/manufacturers we do support many but recommend those which do not give ourselves or the end user grief. The easier the better.

In the end comments and feed back are all good for the hobby its self and can always be either looked at as good information or not. Only the end user can make the final decision on whether what is suggested is suitable or not.

Cheers to all,

Ren

Last edited by venom54; 02-17-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar !!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Right tonights findings..........

Motor HW 13.5T, Factory Standard (Untouched)
Software 0119

DDRS (4) 9
Boost Timing (9) 40
Turbo Slope (10) 18
Turbo Timing (12) 18
Start RPM (13) 1000
Turbo Delay (14) 0.3sec
Timing Acc (15) 100

Temp:? Well I could pick the car up after the run by the motor which is my usual test if it's too hot, carried back to scrutineering with hand wrapped around motor so temp is nice and low.

FDR 7.23:1 Large indoor Carpet (Maritime)

Too quick for my moderate driving skills masses of infield punch beautifully quick on the straight, very progressive very easy to drive.

this works for me and I love it
Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default HW 13.5 119 SOFTWARE

Right tonights findings..........

Motor HW 13.5T, Factory Standard (Untouched)
Software 0119

DDRS (4) 9
Boost Timing (9) 40
Turbo Slope (10) 18
Turbo Timing (12) 18
Start RPM (13) 1000
Turbo Delay (14) 0.3sec
Timing Acc (15) 100

Temp:? Well I could pick the car up after the run by the motor which is my usual test if it's too hot, carried back to scrutineering with hand wrapped around motor so temp is nice and low.

FDR 7.23:1 Large indoor Carpet (Maritime)

Too quick for my moderate driving skills masses of infield punch beautifully quick on the straight, very progressive very easy to drive.

this works for me and I love it
Hi,

So the punch from the start line was more than expected and the turbo kicked in very smoothly with drivable ramp up and not like a Mule kicking you in the pants.

This will be good to compare to my 21.5 set up.

Cheers

Ren
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So the ezrun lcd programmer will work on a speed passions gt2.0 correct?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChefDementia
So the ezrun lcd programmer will work on a speed passions gt2.0 correct?
Yes but not with the latest V3 software.........

By the way we have the LED Programmers in stock lol
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by venom54
Hi,

So the punch from the start line was more than expected and the turbo kicked in very smoothly with drivable ramp up and not like a Mule kicking you in the pants.

This will be good to compare to my 21.5 set up.

Cheers

Ren
Was very smooth to drive we are trying to replicate the settings from 518 in smoothness but using ALL of the boost available in 0119, gearing is the key here higher FDR number is definitely better with 0119
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes but not with the latest V3 software.........

By the way we have the LED Programmers in stock lol
hmm just trying to figure out what to do, I need to update my gt 2.0lpf and the speed passions unit is out of stock everywhere
Old 02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Default 119 Software and SP V3

Was very smooth to drive we are trying to replicate the settings from 518 in smoothness but using ALL of the boost available in 0119, gearing is the key here higher FDR number is definitely better with 0119
Cool, Might have to try a change with the 21.5 in FDR and see if this increases the speed with out loosing the smooth throttle response.

Cheers

Ren
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChefDementia
hmm just trying to figure out what to do, I need to update my gt 2.0lpf and the speed passions unit is out of stock everywhere
We have the Hobbywing version arriving on Wednesday, is half the price of the SP one and is not locked out for software like the SP one.

http://www.racersinexile.org.uk/LCD_...0_1607319.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.