Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Looking for a new .21 engine for offroad buggy. >

Looking for a new .21 engine for offroad buggy.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a new .21 engine for offroad buggy.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have been runing a jammin jpx .21 in my buggy its great. lots of powew down low and up top

I would not buy a go engine there very flaky they have carb issues and not worth the money IMO

i have just ran 2 tanks through my novarossi plus 21-5 kt engine and so far so good i ran a plus 21-5 and it was ballistic fast i cant wait to get this one broken in

out of all for the money i would get the jpx 21
Old 07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

o.s v-spec
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Thanks for thinking of me !!! but the truth is anything I put my hands on rips .... Nova,Picco,Sirio,OS,GRP it doesn't matter, if I modify it, its going to be the fastest thing on the track,parking lot or wherever you choose to run it .... !!! today there are many great engines and its truly hard to make a bad choice.... as much as people like to bicker over brand( myself included ) the truth is all todays engines are very competitive with each other, and in many cases it takes a trained eye to really tell the differences so to speak....
Old 07-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the recommendations guys!!!
I am trying to keep it to no more than $370 at the most.
I have thought about the Trinity, but they looks so close to Sirio engines and they are cheaper too. Even the Werks look like the Trinity and Sirio engines.
I didnt put the OS V Spec because I heard you need to replace the bearings before they are reliable.
Are the CEO, EB, etc modded engines worth it?
Is it true they are already broken in? Just need to drop it in and fine tune for your area and you are good to go?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine tuned

No EB is selling a tunned Extech Trinity mill. All other mods are not bench broke. They just re-mill the internals and put them back together and runthem out the door. You will still need to break most of the motors in and tune them. If you are not an experienced tunner. It really pays to have a pro tune the engine out the first time. To pay for extech and this service will save you a lot of personal time. That is what make the engine most attractive to me. By the way any of these engines are good, and you will not feel bad about owning any of them. People that live in unfriendly Nitro environments generally prefer engines that are easy to tune. When I race there are many times you have 100F heat and 99% humidity. Engines need to run really lean. From morning to mid day Temps and humidity can change drastically. So you will have to retune during the day regardless. Again if you do not like the final fine tunning process then pick one that is easy to tune. You will get more power out of any tuned engine over some engine you feel you need to run fat because that you can not eek out that last 5%. NR, higher RB, GRP. O.S. engines are really easy to tune and the stories concerning their rear bearing are greatly exagerated. Several people love them at my track, and would not drive anything else. If you are worried about it then spend an extra $20 and get the new Ninja JX. Me I will stick to my NR.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I have been running the GRP .21 tuned for a while it is very easy to tune easy to break-in and runs cool which is good for your electronics , clutch and car. My buddy put 20 gallons through his MRT Ninja before it wore out and that is an almost carbon copy of the GRP. The GRP also has great run time which is great for the pocket book at $29-33 per gallon my glow plugs last a very long time.

Motors I Have had good luck in the past are:

RBWS7 3x
RBC6BBTIIL2G
RBC6BBT7
JP MOD O.S. V-SPEC
SIRIO CLB7STI
SIRIO KANI EVO II
SIRIO KANI EVO II
PICCO EVO II Head shimming is wrong out of the box add one .01mm
Old 07-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cheesecake
i have been runing a jammin jpx .21 in my buggy its great. lots of powew down low and up top

I would not buy a go engine there very flaky they have carb issues and not worth the money IMO

i have just ran 2 tanks through my novarossi plus 21-5 kt engine and so far so good i ran a plus 21-5 and it was ballistic fast i cant wait to get this one broken in

out of all for the money i would get the jpx 21
Heard great things about the JPX .21. Issue I am having is access to glow plugs. Many members have told me they are using the OS P3 plugs without any problems. What do you use?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I'd say go with a rb s7 l2g. I have one and love it. Best engine I have ever owned. And best of all, is the price, I got mine with the 2045 pipe and manifold, and engine for 360.00.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think I have narrowed down my choices to these:

Trinity ExTech .21 Turbo
Sirio S21 CL7B STI Ceramic
Sirio Kanai EVO IV STI

The Trinity is the cheapest of the bunch that comes with a ceramic bearing.
I have heard turbo plugs are abit more difficult to keep running. Since the Sirio has the option of going standard plug with the swap of a button, would the Trinity be able to do that also since its based from the same engine?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

From your writing it looks like your from the US so get the Trinity, parts are very close and there are alot of people on here that have them to help you if you get stuck some where.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joydude630
Heard great things about the JPX .21. Issue I am having is access to glow plugs. Many members have told me they are using the OS P3 plugs without any problems. What do you use?
Anyone?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hack driver, Hack driver lol, just get you a lil rtr .21 its all the power you can handle man.lol

I understand what you mean about wanting something different, but you really cant go wrong with the S5, judging by your lap times there doesnt seem to be much wrong with your set up. Only thing I could suggest would be the WS7 setup, but, as soon as my s5 dies i will probably go with a ws7.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That sirio Kanai is pretty fargin wicked though, lol, might have to beg you to let me drive it if you choose that one.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joydude630
out of the 5 guys that run the jpx 21 at my track all 5 are running os p3's without problems
Old 07-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

gotta love the GO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.