Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
No need to cut the tires down unless you are concerned about chunking. If anything, round the edges, front and rear. Based on what he told me the car was doing at the previous race, I hope he did try them out as they should make the car drive super smooth.
I was wanting to cut them down just to shed 1/3 of the weight. They are pretty huge right out of the box and since they are soooo hard I thought I could cut them down pretty small since wear should be very low on them.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
My thanks also for the info and youtube! Great video and neat type of racing! I definately agree with Joe and the others that different can reallly be alot of fun!!! I'm in for a "night" race with lights for sure. Would like to use vintage 917's or similar (really want an Ford GT or Daytona Coupe)

We ran an enduro one year on Memorial Day Weekend but only a few hours, not 24!!

Ned
you guys need too check out the classifieds section. a guy has an electric car from the 70's
Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ran the P8c some today. 32 fronts (61mm) and 35 rears (69mm) and the car seems pretty good with everything else set as Garen told us. I made a gearing change and corrected the front camber a little. Should be set on kill for tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

32 or 42 in the front?

To Joe in Toledo and Joe in Canada, your cars should be here in 3 or 4 days.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

32 or 42 in the front?

32 fronts 35 rears. Car was run by Matt Taylor and Jeff Z. today. Jeff set TQ with it and I think Matt was 2nd. We got rained out for our mains though. I never really got a chance to play with it today since my 4wd car was needing so much attention.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
32 fronts 35 rears. Car was run by Matt Taylor and Jeff Z. today. Jeff set TQ with it and I think Matt was 2nd. We got rained out for our mains though. I never really got a chance to play with it today since my 4wd car was needing so much attention.
.....just say NO to Jeff in pan class..........ringers are NOT invited..........thanks Lon for letting me run the car in qualifiers....i was looking forward to see if i could catch the old man in the main....stupid rain.........everyone running the pans is having a ball.........
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

32 or 42 in the front?

thats 3 days too long!!!. those guys were fast with the montonica's . i think some gt guys were not too impressed. guess they need a 1/8th luxury pan car
Old 08-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.....just say NO to Jeff in pan class..........ringers are NOT invited..........thanks Lon for letting me run the car in qualifiers....i was looking forward to see if i could catch the old man in the main....stupid rain.........everyone running the pans is having a ball.........
i think hammer likes it too
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How did the lap times compare between the 2wd and IGT cars?

Did Hammer try a pan car?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default glass jaw fix

Thanks to AARCobra, the weak P8C front arm problem seems to have been some what addressed. The 4 P8C cars ran with no problems at all (alright, one loose set screw)! I don't beleave anyone touched a needle valve. The 3-port motors worked fine tough some guys were not happy that they had to put some fuel in each round LOL! BIG BABIES!!
So there is some talk about spelling out a motor rule. 3-port non turbo is something I stated early on, I think anyone bring out their vintage car shouldn't have to worry about finding a new motor, this is after all about fun. There was a RC 300 running with us too. He ran pretty good too! Yet if you're buying new, 3 port non-turbo with maybe a $225 price limit. Perhaps a understanding that if you start kicking everybody's butt, you might be asked to switch motors.
That these cars are about good cheap fun should never be forgotten. The KISS plan seems right inline with what we seem to went.
I welcome any input from our European friends, as their pan car program looks to be out standing!
Body talk is happening too. Even the fast guys that have run it, think the Motonica GT works super. Yet the sportscar body is were everyone is looking to go. Does a high down force body have a big advantage on an older body? I say they should have lights, and bring on the dark!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hummer Time

I asked Ted if he'd like to run my last race. He said he'd love to but he needed a break as he already was running 2 cars.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Thanks to AARCobra, the weak P8C front arm problem seems to have been some what addressed. The 4 P8C cars ran with no problems at all (alright, one loose set screw)! I don't beleave anyone touched a needle valve. The 3-port motors worked fine tough some guys were not happy that they had to put some fuel in each round LOL! BIG BABIES!!
So there is some talk about spelling out a motor rule. 3-port non turbo is something I stated early on, I think anyone bring out their vintage car shouldn't have to worry about finding a new motor, this is after all about fun. There was a RC 300 running with us too. He ran pretty good too! Yet if you're buying new, 3 port non-turbo with maybe a $225 price limit. Perhaps a understanding that if you start kicking everybody's butt, you might be asked to switch motors.
That these cars are about good cheap fun should never be forgotten. The KISS plan seems right inline with what we seem to went.
I welcome any input from our European friends, as their pan car program looks to be out standing!
Body talk is happening too. Even the fast guys that have run it, think the Motonica GT works super. Yet the sportscar body is were everyone is looking to go. Does a high down force body have a big advantage on an older body? I say they should have lights, and bring on the dark!
Lon
Instead of trying to track motor costs why don't you just mandate a small carb restrictor and maybe a pipe outlet maximum size - something easy to tech (oops bad word) and how about doing what some of the real car series do - add success weight.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have been trying to find some rules here in Europe, but no great luck yet... I found the French rules which seem to only regulate fuel to 16%, with engine rules the same as in 4wd track. But Iīm quite sure there are different rules in different countries and I hope some of those living in southern Europe will help you.
My personal thought is that Pan Cars have their limitations in their design, so an engine with to much power rules itīs self out. Take away weighted cranks and ceramic bearing and much of the costs will go down. Make the rules for whats to come, not for what has been. Donīt get me wrong, I hope to see both old and new Pan Cars racing side by side.
Just my thoughts...
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM
HKC
Tech Rookie

hi,

i've just started in this scale pan car
i'm french too

in france this car is a "classique" class...

rules

-yes 16% of nitro for this year (perhaps change next year??)but just for the french championships (in 5 races)
-no engine limit ..3tr ou 9tr that is your choice (or that you can $)
-2 RWD
-NO two speed gearbox ( no 2nd)
-weigh mini 2300 gr
-no rear diff "torsen" (autoblocant)
-no shocks
-all bodies are OK but EFRA (europeen) approved

my little run..

front 35°
rear 35°

front
castor angle=max
camber angle -1°
toe -1°
pod whit hard foam
not forget the "tweak"

rear
gear diff 150 000cts (i will try some more ..)or ball diff hard (very hard.. i've the 2 diff (euh 2 cars,one converted with brushless mamba monster.. )
camber -2°
toe -3°....
gear 19/47 (little track)

bodies protoform lola T530 = OK
and zyteck V1 =ok but more rear spoiler than the t530..

so now try with front foam in 40°,42°,45°...
bye
Old 08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I asked Ted if he'd like to run my last race. He said he'd love to but he needed a break as he already was running 2 cars.
I liked running it and would like to have one next year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.