Wiki Posts
Search

NOVAROSSI SURVEY

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Novarossi USA

Hi everyone,
I feel some issues here need to be addressed. I chose to remove dist. level so that I could reduce the over all cost to you the racer. That is why you see the price's drop and not go up; yes the Euro has increased a lot in 2007. Novarossi and I have been working together on this; they care very much on what happens in every market. The bearing issue was not as big as people made it seem on the internet, I kept track of it and found only about 5% of the engines I sold had any bearing issue. I took care of it here; it's my job to handle issues such as this. It is the responsibility of the Novarossi importers to deal with any and all issues pertaining to Novarossi products; it is also the importers responsibility to keep Novarossi Italy informed on what is going on. I talk daily to dealers and racers from all over USA, Canada, Mexico about what is happening in their areas. From this I keep Novarossi Italy informed on what is going on in these areas, your concerns are heard in Italy. Every issue that has been raised here Novarossi is already aware of.

Jim Hottinger, CEO
Fusion Motorsports
Novarossi USA
Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

WOW!!!You can't get any better than having the man himself tell it like it is.. Jim keep doing the great, magnanimous, outstanding job that you do!!

My reply. I have had little to no problems with Novarossi products at all. I own 20 plus NR motors and 7 RB engines made by Novarossi. Again, I know I am beating a dead horse, but the bearing thing is a problem and some parts availability. Other than that, I feel that the Novarossi brand motor is where the industry sets it's standard. Price wise, you get what you pay for. We do pay a price for quality and performance. I have yet to hear from friends or passers by about their NR motors not performing. I am a true believer in the Novarossi product. I don't run anything else!

H. Simmons
Old 01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

man.. my bearings went out after a gallon and it happened during the race with me leading the field..

now im lookin for some bearings for my 21-5k.. not sure if i wanna spend 60 bucks on one bearing
Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking is there any other besides novarossi

thank you for posting on here jim ,
forever your beeotch (LOL),
monty
Old 01-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have two novarossi 1 is a p5x lost rear bearing at 3 gallons then went to a plus 21-5k and the rear bearing went out at 1 1/2 gallons and i have 5 (mugen) mt12s novarossi and i cant get rods for them hrp never has any parts had one on order with them for about 8 months. love the motors they are great but thinking of switching brands because its to hard to get parts.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

crawlingrock, you have a pm
Old 01-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

I have a Nova Rossi made engine thats a few years old... just to rebuild it is going to cost me at least 110.00 and its only a .12

My cry is that they are WAY too expensive for parts.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crawlingrock
I have two novarossi 1 is a p5x lost rear bearing at 3 gallons then went to a plus 21-5k and the rear bearing went out at 1 1/2 gallons and i have 5 (mugen) mt12s novarossi and i cant get rods for them hrp never has any parts had one on order with them for about 8 months. love the motors they are great but thinking of switching brands because its to hard to get parts.

Dear friend

you say hard to get parts ???? well i have never had a problem with getting parts from the the factory for my distribution channel and don't blame the factory either .
Im sure Jim from fusion has parts for Nova's probably the only one in the world that can service the brand successfully .

blame the middle man who doesn't order the parts from fusion.

It 's not the factories fault or jims fault either the middle man is the problem .
Do you know how many times i have had phone calls from consumers telling me that the hobby store has said that you dont have parts to send them and guess what we have plenty of parts and if we dont we make sure they are in the end users hand by maximum 2 weeks and thats max.

So don't blame Jim from fusion at all its not his fault he's doing the best he can .

regards Angelo
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Dear friend

you say hard to get parts ???? well i have never had a problem with getting parts from the the factory for my distribution channel and don't blame the factory either .
Im sure Jim from fusion has parts for Nova's probably the only one in the world that can service the brand successfully .

blame the middle man who doesn't order the parts from fusion.

It 's not the factories fault or jims fault either the middle man is the problem .
Do you know how many times i have had phone calls from consumers telling me that the hobby store has said that you dont have parts to send them and guess what we have plenty of parts and if we dont we make sure they are in the end users hand by maximum 2 weeks and thats max.

So don't blame Jim from fusion at all its not his fault he's doing the best he can .

regards Angelo
Yes I agree with you I'm the distributor of Nova in the Philippines and so far the parts are very easy to order from Nova.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Replacement parts are too expensive. An engine should be able to be rebuilt once (piston, sleeve, rod) at least once during it's usable life but in the case of most italian engines these 3 pieces cost 70% of the cost of a new engine. This is one of the reasons I think that OS continues to have a stronghold on the market despite their engines not lasting as long as Nova's and also the reason that Go Tech is growing in popularity so quickly in addition to their initial cost (these are Nova copies made in Taiwan).
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

I have loved every NovaRossi I have owned but I mostly buy RB now. I feel the quality of both is great but parts are too expensive. Why should I pay $60 to $70 for a Nova main bearing when I can get a TKO ceramic for 1/2 the price & it last longer. I do agree you get quality for the price but there seems to be more lower cost competition now days and I'm sure it will hurt NovaRossi. I think some effort should go into bringing down the price on parts like rods, bearings & Piston/Sleaves.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Replacement parts are too expensive. An engine should be able to be rebuilt once (piston, sleeve, rod) at least once during it's usable life but in the case of most italian engines these 3 pieces cost 70% of the cost of a new engine. This is one of the reasons I think that OS continues to have a stronghold on the market despite their engines not lasting as long as Nova's and also the reason that Go Tech is growing in popularity so quickly in addition to their initial cost (these are Nova copies made in Taiwan).
I agree with this, The engines are great and I will never run any thing else but when it's time for a rebuild you may as well get a new engine and have an extra head, carb, crank ect.......

I don't know if that's what Novarossi wants so engine sales stay up but it would really be nice to rebuild them at a better price.

But all in all I sure love the engines
Old 01-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Davidka
The GO Tech engines are not direct copies but are very similar. Fortunately GOs are made to the same, or better, quality standards as the Italians. That, combined with the lower initial cost,the lower replacement parts cost, a great contingency program and aggressive street level marketing is why they are growing so quickly.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:18 AM

My main concern is the price, it needs to be lowered.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Houston, you have a PM.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.