Search
Like Tree167Likes

Tamiya XV-01

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoLost
Does anyone know where I can buy an XV-01 Lancia?
Tower Hobbies should have one.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Dont forget body posts. The Lancia needs tall posts in the rear. I have to keep an extra set to switch between my Delta and my Stratos.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tamiya makes adjustable posts, if you want to go that route.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
Tamiya makes adjustable posts, if you want to go that route.
Could you post the part number, please?

Some time ago, I have found Alu Body Adjuster, part #42245, but that doesn't seem to be that useful to me (at least not on this car). But if there's something line Pro-line adjustable body mounts for SC trucks, I would definitely get that for XV...

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmm. Not "adjustable" per se, but removable extensions so you can run short posts for one body and clip-on the extensions for another body.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54604
Old 10-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Are the front and rear axles identical? I snapped a rear axle and thought I'd buy spares all round, but can only find 51313 'XV-01 Rear Axle'. Searching for front axles gets me only hits for the CVDs.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gridMENSCH
Are the front and rear axles identical? I snapped a rear axle and thought I'd buy spares all round, but can only find 51313 'XV-01 Rear Axle'. Searching for front axles gets me only hits for the CVDs.
Rear axle is longer, here is link to manual for non pro / cvd kit

http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/58569ml.pdf
Old 10-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Standard XV-01: 42 front and 39mm rear, this is for the CVDs

XV-01 TC Pro: 44mm on front and rear.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Your part number is off

The replacement for the standard rear axle that takes dog bones is 51513

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-parts-70/r-c-spare-parts-71000/rc-xv-01-chassis-rr-wheel-axle-51513

The replacement for the standard front axle that takes dog bones is 9808192

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-parts-70/7-digit-spare-parts-71010/rc-wheel-axle-58409-9808192
Old 10-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah sorry I meant that one, and that is the one I ordered (51513). I'm not willing to step up to cvds all round because they're pretty costly and honestly something breaks within 5 minutes every time I drive this thing.

Thank you for getting me the front axle item number.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah sorry I meant that one, and that is the one I ordered (51513). I'm not willing to step up to cvds all round because they're pretty costly and honestly something breaks within 5 minutes every time I drive this thing.

Thank you for getting me the front axle item number.
The cvd axles are made out of hardened steel, which makes them next to impossible to break.

If you order cvd from rcmart and Stella you will save quite a bit vs ordering from local hobby store.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I've gotten almost everything from rcmart thus far. I'm going to have another round of normal axles and if they break again I'll get the cvds. Need to stop slamming sideways into things though, I think that would save me more than any country with cheap shipping.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

I hate that. Most of my broken parts are from sideways slams, into curbs or tires of parked cars. The CVDs are nice and solid. I break arms instead. I still have my stock dog bones in a package somewhere just in case.

Yeah I've gotten almost everything from rcmart thus far. I'm going to have another round of normal axles and if they break again I'll get the cvds. Need to stop slamming sideways into things though, I think that would save me more than any country with cheap shipping.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

So I remember reading way back about people rolling their cars. Up until now I've never rolled this machine, except that one time I was power sliding sideways at 20 mph into a rut.

Anyway, in the quest for maximum suspension (I've been looking into crawlers and scalers lately), I recently trimmed down the front of the chassis that stopped the front linkages from turning at max ride height.

It's the standard thing that a lot of people have done before, but it helps with more clearance and steering when your car is sitting that high.

I also discovered that I accidentally put the ball ends on the wrong side of the bell crank connecting arm. I moved them to the side that has the slight curve (where the screwdriver is), which moves the balls back just a little, giving more clearance.

Anyway, I was rallying in my backyard, it was fun, throwing up dirt everywhere. However, this car really has difficulty getting through deep and soft soil, nor can it surmount tall and bumpy grass. Kind of sad since that's what I have all over my backyard. I guess I'll have to get a trail truck right?? 😅 I am looking at the MST CMX, thoughts?

So I went and switched out my tires from rally blocks to x-patterns, and drove my car lifted with the long rod ends on concrete. I rolled my car 6 times in the course of 5 minutes. My poor STI body is all scratch up now. It's okay , because it's a rally car right? 😆

At max ground clearance the car rolls so easily. Put the short rod ends on and you'll have a difficult time even trying to roll the car, you can still get close to 12mm of ground clearance. But it's not the 25mm with the long ends. Geez.

I lowered the car back to my original street height and I love it. Also, I backed out my droop screws, so they are non existent. I find the car body rolls a lot more, but it doesn't oversteer on power as much now 😎 I guess what they say is true, body roll makes the car have more side traction.

I am finding that it's a balance between body roll and ride height. Too tall and you roll, too little roll (using droop) and you will oversteer. Cool. Another lesson learned today.

Btw, does anyone know what the max outer tire diameter that can fit on this car, without wheel arch trimming? What size tire came with the xv-01T?

Last edited by 4roller; 10-29-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4roller
Anyway, I was rallying in my backyard, it was fun, throwing up dirt everywhere. However, this car really has difficulty getting through deep and soft soil, nor can it surmount tall and bumpy grass. Kind of sad since that's what I have all over my backyard. I guess I'll have to get a trail truck right?? 😅 I am looking at the MST CMX, thoughts?
You could just mow the grass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.