Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Initiate

How much distance from the bumper do you guys mount your body ?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Backspace.
How much distance from the bumper do you guys mount your body ?
I'm running p909 16 to 20 mm foward
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asw7576
In my hometrack, top 10 drivers are mostly using mrx5 now.

Few drivers still use mrx4x and kyosho m3.

The usual finish number 1 driver is still using mrx4x.

Here a little story about mrx5 vs mrx4x :

Last weekend, the usual finish number 1 driver (mrx4x) is finished 2nd position, and the usual finish number 3 or 4 driver ( brand new mrx5 ) got lucky and finished 1st position.

The usual finish number 1 driver said to me after the race, "mrx5 is definetely better car than mrx4x, especially in high speed sweeper. I'm slower at that sweeper. He (mrx5 driver) closes the gap from that sweeper and finally pass me at lap 150".

According to him , All mrx4(x,r) cars have understeering tendencies when push to the max ( eventhough he already done 3mm wheelbase mod ).
Ok the truth is this is my first mugen after the evo m3 and graduated to 1/8 last 3 months after staying in 1/10 ep and boy it is an amazing world i come to.You guys really making life alot easier. Big thank you for all advice
Old 11-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Can someone tell me the exact dimensions of the bearings nearest to the tires ?
Old 11-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

to all the guys with glitching problems discovered something today might be an answer, most of he time i tune my motor with the cover off but today was tuning on the track and couldnt get to the low speed screw so i turned the carb out so the screwdriver can get to it ok went on the track car was glitching all over the place went back and what i found was when turning the carb out like that i found the throttle body binding was like chattering when opening all the way also getting stuck open.. so i turned the carb back and wala glitching went away so guys go check the strain on the throttle servo is causing the glitch.. cause we all have this problem its hard to get to the low speed screw cause of the tank and this could b y all diff radio systems r having this problem please let me know if this helps
Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
to all the guys with glitching problems discovered something today might be an answer, most of he time i tune my motor with the cover off but today was tuning on the track and couldnt get to the low speed screw so i turned the carb out so the screwdriver can get to it ok went on the track car was glitching all over the place went back and what i found was when turning the carb out like that i found the throttle body binding was like chattering when opening all the way also getting stuck open.. so i turned the carb back and wala glitching went away so guys go check the strain on the throttle servo is causing the glitch.. cause we all have this problem its hard to get to the low speed screw cause of the tank and this could b y all diff radio systems r having this problem please let me know if this helps
Ralph was it a glitch or just that it was binding up & getting stuck
Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

deleted

Last edited by asw7576; 11-16-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Ralph was it a glitch or just that it was binding up & getting stuck
big g i would say it was glitching more then getting stuck richie says the binding is causing a strain on the servo causing it to glitch as soon as i returned the throttle to the normal position it went away for the rest of the day, it was going into fail safe when i would go full throttle
Old 11-15-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

our new & improved region 12 race saw the X5s do really well with swauger winning
Old 11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

big g i would say it was glitching more then getting stuck richie says the binding is causing a strain on the servo causing it to glitch as soon as i returned the throttle to the normal position it went away for the rest of the day, it was going into fail safe when i would go full throttle
10-4 ralph can u kill the big g I know I gained some pounds since I left N.Y. but know you got my thinking
Old 11-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
our new & improved region 12 race saw the X5s do really well with swauger winning
Congrats Mike
Solo any links to check results or video
thanks in advance
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

What about glitching in the steering servo?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Congrats Mike
Solo any links to check results or video
thanks in advance
i don't have any but they post something soon cars are dialed
Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hello Ralph
If using digital servos be sure to set the EPA so not to overload the servo. Digital servos operate much differently than analog. Digital servos will always try and center themselves and max out to the end points. If the servo is straining, it will cause the servo to stutter and appear as if it was glitching. This is why I still use analog servos on the throttle. Hope this helps.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Hello Ralph
If using digital servos be sure to set the EPA so not to overload the servo. Digital servos operate much differently than analog. Digital servos will always try and center themselves and max out to the end points. If the servo is straining, it will cause the servo to stutter and appear as if it was glitching. This is why I still use analog servos on the throttle. Hope this helps.
thanks i hear what u saying but this was deff caused by the angle of the carb cause it was pointed out ward and the linkage to the servo is like bending the throttle body inward as its trying to pull it out so its overloading it. causing the glitch and to the other ? from the other post yes if the throttle glitches it will cause the steering to glitch as well.. alot of guys with the glitching problem kept looking into things like the rec over heating and i posted a few times that its most likly something small like 2 screws touching and so on so i showing an example of how somthing so stupid can cause it and with the throttle alot of guys might have turned it out cause u cant get to the low end needle cause of the tank...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.