Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

HI Guys,
Have a question: how important was testing this car on low traction dirt tracks?
From what I see is that most new cars do perform very wel on high traction tracks. High profile events beeing held on sugar coated top soils. I can understand that the industry is developing cars for those circomstances.

But in my own situation I have to deal with tracks that get very little maintenance, is of low traction and outside exposed to 4 seasons weather.

Im in the market for my first 4wd buggy. been racing 2wd for a few years. Looking for some info that can help me in the right direction.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Ty was testing it in Canada on low bite outdoor 8th scale tracks
Old 11-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Torrance, would there be a difference in handling if the esc is in the rear? I plan on using chassis weights in the front. Is this a bad idea?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anything ? Just give us a little teaser I want this buggy bad
Old 12-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

What are the chances of Jared Tebo leaving kyosho and joining hb for 2014? He would prove how good hb products are. Tessmann is doing great, but doesn't have the same influence Tebo has to sway customers
Old 12-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
What are the chances of Jared Tebo leaving kyosho and joining hb for 2014? He would prove how good hb products are. Tessmann is doing great, but doesn't have the same influence Tebo has to sway customers

... Hara has more influence then Tebo and they just let him go ...
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can we please get an update? Please, please. I saw the instructions for the 22-4 just posted and TLR is saying that it is still on time for January. The DEX410V4 just posted a new video on there product page with a late December date. The new Yokomo is already out. I really want this car but I'm worried the temptation might be too much. Are things progressing or stuck?

Sorry to nag but I just really want this to be my next car.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Can we please get an update? Please, please. I saw the instructions for the 22-4 just posted and TLR is saying that it is still on time for January. The DEX410V4 just posted a new video on there product page with a late December date. The new Yokomo is already out. I really want this car but I'm worried the temptation might be too much. Are things progressing or stuck?

Sorry to nag but I just really want this to be my next car.
As much as l wanted this car, the 10% monday sale at a main was to good to pass up, with no update about a car that was due november, no price clues and no dates, it kind of makes me wonder what this company is all about having never dealt with them before.
The car to beat here is the s-works buggy and got a good deal.

That said l will try this car later if it proves to be as great as it looks.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

10% is not that big of a deal that I would stray away from something that I really have my eye on. I had a huge deal on the Dex408T which I was drooling over before seeing that a ET48 was due to drop soon. I passed on saving at least $125 on the Dex in order to wait for the truck I "think" I would rather have.

The only thing about the 413 that spooks me is the suspension holding method. It doesn't look durable. I'm waiting to see it on the track before I ditch my dex410v3.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ
As much as l wanted this car, the 10% monday sale at a main was to good to pass up, with no update about a car that was due november, no price clues and no dates, it kind of makes me wonder what this company is all about having never dealt with them before.
The car to beat here is the s-works buggy and got a good deal.

That said l will try this car later if it proves to be as great as it looks.
You do have a fairly good point here. the last Hot Bodies car I owned was a TCX (about a year after it came out) and they had huge issues getting parts readily available. I always heard it was money issues. A car before that was the VE8 years ago and same issue getting parts.

Makes you wonder if maybe things are not that stable since there is little to no info at all. Sure glad I picked up a Rango until all this gets worked out.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
You do have a fairly good point here. the last Hot Bodies car I owned was a TCX (about a year after it came out) and they had huge issues getting parts readily available. I always heard it was money issues. A car before that was the VE8 years ago and same issue getting parts.

Makes you wonder if maybe things are not that stable since there is little to no info at all. Sure glad I picked up a Rango until all this gets worked out.
812... same issue...
Old 12-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by metoo
10% is not that big of a deal that I would stray away from something that I really have my eye on. I had a huge deal on the Dex408T which I was drooling over before seeing that a ET48 was due to drop soon. I passed on saving at least $125 on the Dex in order to wait for the truck I "think" I would rather have.

The only thing about the 413 that spooks me is the suspension holding method. It doesn't look durable. I'm waiting to see it on the track before I ditch my dex410v3.
I agree 10% is not huge, but it pretty much covered the shipping to my door.

The car l bought l feel is a good price and is winning everything on our loose tracks at the moment.
The lack of info on the hb car is poor given they have at least one representative reading this board, its hard to but faith into a company who seem to have no idea whats going on with there product.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just wanted to remind myself how cool this car looks....
Old 12-08-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the xray buggy at the moment and after reading this forum and watching the video's this buggy looks great !
But lets get it in the hands of regular guys like all of us and see how it holds up.
The pro's can drive a board with wheels and be fast.
I have to say that this buggy looks the best out of them all.
I have been into this hobby for 20 years and have seen alot of these 1/10 cars break and guys get pissed off and stop running the 1/10 4wd class all together.
Lets see how this works out
Old 12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone have an idea when it's going to be available, You would think that they wouldn't wait till Losi releases the 22-4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.