Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Aaron raced the JBL series 2 weeks ago, then the Cactus last weekend, and now he is in Vegas for the Silver State.

He has probably been wrenchen!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Aaron,

Do you ever get those random bursts of confidence? I've been racing on and off this past month, but when I do get out to the track, I totally feel like I'm gonna do really good!....are you just good enough that you no longer have that feeling or do even the best guys feel like that sometimes?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default bowling trophies

Aaron,

I understand you have been doing alot of racing lately, you lucky dog. Have you picked up any bowling trophies at the races you have entered lately?
My son and I went to the Chi-Town Shootout and finished 6th. in the Amain. After the races were over and trophies were handed out we noticed it was a bowling trophy, complete with the guy getting ready to release the ball. It was a good laugh. The track owner said during the presentation, have'nt you ever heard the quote. I traveled all these miles to race toy cars to win bowling trophies. I had to answer no. That was untill the other day my son found an article with a interveiwer asking you questions and you made that quote, allmost the same words. So its your fault Aaron!! we drove 479 miles to race toy cars,,,,,, for a bowling trophy. We had a good laugh when he stumbled across the article. Thanks man keep up the good work.

Team Tekin
Team Fusion
BKPaintwerks.com
Old 04-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Where is he?

Last post was on 3-11, I know he must be around somewhere.

Spring break is over and still no words.

???????
Old 04-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

spring break is never over when you're a kallege boy!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

toddzhere - It literally started bending? Or the back of the chassis is wearing away?

runnin rc10 - That will make the rear end of the car feel lazy..something most people associate with having more rear traction.

I had the most luck finding rear traction with the old truck simply by making sure I was using the standard Drake setup and ensuring my rear ride height was at arms level, which is higher than bones level.

racinlosi - The rear rims will fit, but the fronts are different. I'm not sure of many, if any, parts that will fit from the new truck. The GTX was Losi's first gas car, which was produced for Horizon and essentially a converted LXT.

I drove my old one a couple months ago and honestly..I'm not even sure how we got around the track with those things. Haha!

jbrow - I was talking about running something like a CV or Dynamite motor because some people feel like they go faster having no power. That may be true to an extent but I'm not really a supporter of the idea of trying to sell people these motors and advise that they hack them up for more power and better fuel mileage.

After you get to the point in your driving career where you can control the power of a good motor, you won't go back.

nitro kid - Set your truck up to the standard Adam Drake setup on the Losi website and practice as much as you can. When you can get around the track easily and are at the point where you are looking for ways to go faster instead of simply get around the track, those sorts of problems will work themselves out!

EricF - Molded pistons, spindle down. I ran Trinity bomb 1 all the way around.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

argh - I've never used an additional fuel filter on any of my cars. The one in the tank does a great job.

D Mac - I've never really heard of anyone using them.

Gus ended up with that truck, right? That thing worked great and was in awesome shape after the beating it got...haha.

mafia - Everyone has good weekends. Last year was pretty tough for me with all the expectations of running with the big dogs but I had good moments. I was a little bummed after the Nitro Challenge but the Endurance Race and Silver State went really well. I'm riding a wave of confidence right now.

I try and NEVER let my personal life interfere with my racing...haha.

t4usee - That's GREAT! hahaha

Last couple weeks have been really good..it's awesome to be excited about this hobby after almost 9 years. I've been racing for nearly half of my life!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

I apologize to EVERYONE on RCTech for not replying in the last couple weeks...I was super busy with racing and school and spring break and...took some time off of my computer to hang out with friends (and girls) and have fun.

But I'm back.

I finished 10th of 15 cars in the A-Main in gas truck at Silver State..the trophy looks SO cool! This weekend is my last weekend off from racing for at least a month, as the racing season is really getting busy with JBRL, Saturday Series, ROAR Nationals, U.S. Gas Champs, RC Pro Series, and everything else that is going to run us ragged from now until August or so. I can't wait!
Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome back, Mr. Waldron!
(insert horseshack laugh here... ahh nevermind, im dating myself again arent I )

Anywhoo, Hey Aaron, did any of the Losi guys make it up to the 18th scale nats at enfield? I was going to go this weekend, but I decided a new XS3 was more important than buying all the parts I needed for my 18t to make it competition worthy. Besides, even with my RDS matched packs, id get smoked by the li-po guys

I have a question for you, and anyone else is more than welcome to throw down some input as well. we're having some dirt hauled in over the next couple weeks, and we are going to start forming up the new track (better late than never eh?). What aspects of the track to racers tend to look for when they decide if they like a track or not? Im not talking about the quality of the hotdogs, or the bathroom in the shop, but more along the lines of jumps, grooming, traction, banking, that sort of thing. We dont have the room available to do a whole lot with the track, so our goal is to make it *perfect* for 12-15t motors and gas trucks. rythym sections, tight triples, that sort of thing.

what is it that you guys look for first when rolling out onto a new track?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry I got nervous.

Welcome back!!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you are establishing a new track it is very important that you don't make the first layout too challenging with tons of "high consequence" obstacles. If you want big air, think about a large table top that won't break as many cars if newer drivers mess up the take off.
Consider that your track will attract new drivers and drivers from on road so you want the track to be easy enough for them to get bitten by the dirt bug. Once everybody gets used to driving off road and you have a good idea for who the regular racers are going to be then start getting creative. Just don't forget the beginners, they will keep you in buisness for the future.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

What failsafe could i use in my xxx-nt sport 2.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

eehh...a big ol' rubber band around the carb swing arm!
Old 04-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Demon - I replied in your other thread.

trixter - Haha!

beetle - I don't think anyone went to the Mini race.

The most important thing about a track layout is flow...the whole track has to flow together really well with no silly tight corners and jumps that aren't built well.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input guys, David, I like your idea of using tabletops instead of glorified ramps. keep the breakage to a minimum

I think we're on the same track Aaron (no pun intended!). Longer, more obtuse turns, rather than making hair-pins to use as much of the land as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.