Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

just a couple of shoots of my FIRST track test!

the tc6 looks more than nice and easy...i found it a very responsive car, regulation and setup is easy and you always have a clear reaction from the car..this is what i felt even if i m little more than a beginner.
the track condition were absolutely bad...humid-nogrip-aspalt..but even here the car worked well...cant waint to test it on carpet or grip asphalt..i have the feeling that it will be "glued" on the ground...won't it??

and here they come..

on the pit waiting for power...

details are also important...

in action...

and finally the new body...
Old 01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

hello new to touring cars I have just started playin around with my tc6 and wanted to implement Keven Herbert Timezone setup that i found on petit rc

I have a couple questions about the setup That I was wondering if anybody could help me with

1.Is the rear toe +3 degree in total does that mean +1.5degree on each rear wheel?

2. The rear camber link position used in the setup is 1A but when in that position the links do not adjust short enough to get the camber the setup calls for Do you need shorter links to use these positions?

3.The setup calls for "silver" ball studs do these studs have longer threads or is the neck of the ball stud itself longer

4.last in the setup it calls for arm mount shims in millimeters but the manual says they represent different degrees. Is it a typo on the setup sheet or should i measure the shims and go with what the setup says ?
Which arm mount shims that are used in this setup

ADDED thought maybe i am confusing arm mount shims with FWD or RWD mount shims or are they the same thing?

What are the RWD and FWD mount shims?

Last edited by slicendice; 01-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JeremyP
Those are Solaris rims.
Can you guys help me find a pair? I can't seem to find them.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenize1
Can you guys help me find a pair? I can't seem to find them.
Those are the newer spoked rims. Don't think you can get them seperately, they're usually stuffed inside Solaris tires.

Contact info here: Click here. Email them, they'll contact you.

One of their reps also posts here at RC Tech regularly, too. Usually on this thread. Click here.

Google and the "search" button are such wonderful features!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Those are the newer spoked rims. Don't think you can get them seperately, they're usually stuffed inside Solaris tires.

Contact info here: Click here. Email them, they'll contact you.

One of their reps also posts here at RC Tech regularly, too. Usually on this thread. Click here.

Google and the "search" button are such wonderful features!
I am going to click on what you put up and I did Google it still could not find them
Old 01-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am going to click on what you put up and I did Google it still could not find them
Your Google Fu is not strong! Type in "Solaris RC Tires". It'll even show you some links where you can purchase them.

Originally Posted by slicendice
hello new to touring cars I have just started playin around with my tc6 and wanted to implement Keven Herbert Timezone setup that i found on petit rc

I have a couple questions about the setup That I was wondering if anybody could help me with

1.Is the rear toe +3 degree in total does that mean +1.5degree on each rear wheel? I'm gonna have to measure that on the set up station, but I think it's PER SIDE. That matches the math when using the degree shims on the set up sheets, too. RWD arm shims (in degrees) MINUS FWD arm shims (in degrees) = rear toe for that side. Be aware the there are -.5 degree and -1 degree rear hubs, too.

2. The rear camber link position used in the setup is 1A but when in that position the links do not adjust short enough to get the camber the setup calls for Do you need shorter links to use these positions? Yes the TC5 links are needed to do just about any but the longest settings

3.The setup calls for "silver" ball studs do these studs have longer threads or is the neck of the ball stud itself longer The silver ball studs have longer shanks than the black ones. I measured it at one point, but I can't for the life of me remember how much longer the silver ones are, but I do remember that in a pinch, you can sub a black with a 1mm spacer for almost the same thing. Threads are the same length, though, in either long or short versions of thread length

4.last in the setup it calls for arm mount shims in millimeters but the manual says they represent different degrees. Is it a typo on the setup sheet or should i measure the shims and go with what the setup says ?
Which arm mount shims that are used in this setup Originally, you're supposed to use the plastic arm mount shims, little figure 8 looking things (as shown on the set up sheet in the little box in the middle 'arm mount shims'), but lately people have been using 1 and 2mm aluminum shims. Use whatever you want to get the toe you need. I don't recommend the aluminum spacers until or unless you're good at staying off of the boards

ADDED thought maybe i am confusing arm mount shims with FWD or RWD mount shims or are they the same thing? FWD means the shims between the foreward mount and RWD means the shims in the rear most mount for that end of the car. Thus, the FWD mount on the front is near the bumper and the RWD for the front is to the center of the car. FWD mount for the REAR of the car is to the center, and RWD mount is by the rear of the car

What are the RWD and FWD mount shims?
Based on your location, are you planning on racing at (Click here for )Debbies RC World? Plenty of us out there most nights of the week, and every Saturday can help you get set up and running!

Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-09-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

I believe RC market has those ,,,

I was just couldn't get in to their websites ...

and speedtechrc as well ...

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=856&id=9373
Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Your Google Fu is not strong! Type in "Solaris RC Tires". It'll even show you some links where you can purchase them.

Based on your location, are you planning on racing at (Click here for )Debbies RC World? Plenty of us out there most nights of the week, and every Saturday can help you get set up and running!
well thanks man for some answers that clears a lot up for me

I race down at debbies to i just raced there last saturday first time racing a tc car they are pretty exciting toys ive been there alot lately trying to get practice My name is Drew btw Ill look for ya next time Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
All wired up and ready to go!

Thought I'd post up a pic of what I've been doing today as well....

Looks nice mate, well done.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Your Google Fu is not strong! Now thats Funny and yes it is not LOL!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool TC6 at the Midwest Grand Slam

Keven Hebert and Joe Trandel dominated the Midwest Grand Slam...

Check out www.rcinsider.com

Jeremy Flint
www.rcinsider.com
Old 01-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdani

the tc6 looks more than nice and easy...i found it a very responsive car, regulation and setup is easy and you always have a clear reaction from the car..this is what i felt even if i m little more than a beginner.
the track condition were absolutely bad...humid-nogrip-aspalt..but even here the car worked well...cant waint to test it on carpet or grip asphalt..i have the feeling that it will be "glued" on the ground...won't it??

and here they come..

in action...

What track is that?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdani

and here they come..

in action...

What track is that?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

rome- italy!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

i like to know what rollcenter/springs/oil/piston the DHI Stock winner runs on
the carpet during the weekend

also i am excited of christens low traction carpet setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.