Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

There is no doubt that Chad is a very talented driver.

It is good he is going to focus on getting his degree and leave us to figure out how to catch up

Mod isnt the only class in R/C. Do you really believe that auto manufacturers sell cars from participation in only a single class or form of motorsports.

Back to the Losi thread Go get'em Chad.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
There is no doubt that Chad is a very talented driver.

It is good he is going to focus on getting his degree and leave us to figure out how to catch up

Mod isnt the only class in R/C. Do you really believe that auto manufacturers sell cars from participation in only a single class or form of motorsports.

Back to the Losi thread Go get'em Chad.
I wanna crack a stock joke but promised I wouldnt bring it up anymore DOH!!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GCracker
I wanna crack a stock joke but promised I wouldnt bring it up anymore DOH!!!!
Ha!

-when stock times arent too much faster than mod; I too wonder why people run mod
Old 07-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Ha!

-when stock times arent too much faster than mod; I too wonder why people run mod
Ya but only in SoCal dont see alot of that back east here
Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I bough the Type R to run it as my foam car and keep my xray for rubber. I just like the car so much (lipo/Brushless)that I think of replacing the rubber car by an other type-r since its our most popular class.

The car is very easy to drive but not yet as fast as the Xray. Im comparing with the same motor, batteries and tires. With a one-way, the car seems to be a bit faster and have more steering. I still would like to have more steering, should I try the short (not JR) link?

Also, I had great succes with the Xray flex. I realised that if I remove the 4 bottom screws for the side post, the car is almost as soft as the T2. Did anybody tried to run it on rubber without the post screws?

Thanks

Jon Gagnon

Last edited by J@UNE; 07-22-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Hi guys,

I bough the Type R to run it as my foam car and keep my xray for rubber. I just like the car so much (lipo/Brushless)that I think of replacing the rubber car by an other type-r since its our most popular class.

The car is very easy to drive but not yet as fast as the Xray. Im comparing with the same motor, batteries and tires. With a one-way, the car seems to be a bit faster and have more steering. I still would like to have more steering, should I try the short (not JR) link?

Also, I had great succes with the Xray flex. I realised that if I remove the 4 bottom screws for the side post, the car is almost as soft as the T2. Did anybody tried to run it on rubber without the post screws?

Thanks

Jon Gagnon
The standard link will have more steering but be careful as it can make the car a bit hard to drive.

As for the side post, I recommend removing them from the top for flex. That is why we have the side posts there.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Excellent! Will try this week

Thanks!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys
Satturday i tried my new type R.
The car was built like to "built setup".
It is very easy to drive and fast.
I make only two variations. I swick the front camber link from hole 1 to 3
and rear camber link from 7A to 7B.
The car become really perfect. "A war machine"
Thank Losi and Thank T.Hodge
Ciao Ciao
Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Adjustable front turnbuckle

Hey guys,

Here's another variation on the front turnbuckle for the Jr Link. Turnbuckles out of 2x packets of Duratrax Servo Saver Set (EVST) p/n: DTXC8892 were used. Nothing was cut or trimmed. Went straight in. Suitable up to 2 degrees negative camber without trimming the inner ball cup.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pict1056.jpg  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
to answer why no sponsorship its because where is he at when the real races come around top 40 dont get you spnosored sorry to diss you homie but its the truth

You must understand....Chad races modified...he doesnt step down to Stock and 19t at big races to make false imressions on people...you have to challenge yourself. When it comes to life....Being in the top 10 in RC doesnt mean didly sqaut...lets use you as example, you think when you go and apply at Buger King or Mcdonalds there gonna ask you "how did you do in the Reedy Race"....where you in the top 10 or were in in the top 40......maybe in RC, but not in real life. Chad's future development is more important to JAFRacing.

Chad is like a little brother to me and like a son to Joe F and I take offense to people who discredit him in anyway.....his education comes first. Chad has done very well in RC (especially w/Type R), but its time for him to go and finish school. He will be attending San Diego State University in the fall and will be pursuing a Mechanincal Engineering degree.....needless to say that RC stuff isn't going with him to college he needs to take in the full experience. RC will be here when he finishes school.

So.....Wheather or not he is in the top 40 at big RC races means absoulty nothing in real life, and will never hinder him in the future of real life. I have graduated school already with a BA in Civil Engineering now its Chads turn, RC will always be here, and it isn't going anywhere......being sponsored is really not the issue at this point in the game, his education is. TOP 10 or not at big races......he will always be covered by me and the JAF camp 100%.

Last edited by m8commando; 07-23-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Old 07-23-2007, 01:07 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Belty Dog
Hi guys
Satturday i tried my new type R.
The car was built like to "built setup".
It is very easy to drive and fast.
I make only two variations. I swick the front camber link from hole 1 to 3
and rear camber link from 7A to 7B.
The car become really perfect. "A war machine"
Thank Losi and Thank T.Hodge
Ciao Ciao
Thank you...hope you have fun and kick some butt with the Type R.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ahh, Hodgimoto finally has some free time to chat and give us advise. Welcome back!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Thank you...hope you have fun and kick some butt with the Type R.
I hope too
Thank again
Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bump...

Are you guys replacing the diff thrusts with the stock ones, or going with something different?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.