Worlds New Products Debut

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worlds New Products Debut

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Alpha Plus will have their new buggy mill there. Pretty sure it is a 7+2 and it operates somewhere between the current orange and green heads but definitely beter suited for buggy. It has a slver grey head (similar colour to the JX21). Seems to run well with 0801 and 2081. Had one running at our recent gas nats and it was absolutley flying.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121
Sorry i was talking about a truggy wheels and tire.
You can't compare proline's VTR truggy tires to any other truggy tires. They're much narrower than most and use a completely different mounting design. Buggy tires are much closer in weight between brands. These are buggy wheels.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

how long till Proline of JC rips off AKA's new wheel? AKA changed the tire game, and the other guys are just borrowing from them now. Case in point, Multi-step treads. closed cell foam, and resealable bags. Not to mention The Sniper tire is the a rip of the Gridiron plain and simple.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

VP also has a new tire. same as the caliber
Old 10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
how long till Proline of JC rips off AKA's new wheel? AKA changed the tire game, and the other guys are just borrowing from them now. Case in point, Multi-step treads. closed cell foam, and resealable bags. Not to mention The Sniper tire is the a rip of the Gridiron plain and simple.
It will always happen and it will only come down to performance and price .when china finally gets it right with performance then im affraid the American and eu companies manufacturing in the usa and eu will be in huge trouble .

taiwan has the quality with vp and some others but once china like i said gets it right then thats when the trouble will start and im sure its just around the corner in the near future.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
It will always happen and it will only come down to performance and price .when china finally gets it right with performance then im affraid the American and eu companies manufacturing in the usa and eu will be in huge trouble .

taiwan has the quality with vp and some others but once china like i said gets it right then thats when the trouble will start and im sure its just around the corner in the near future.
If that's true we won't be complaining much when engines cost 100$ to your door n a set of tires is only 15 $

I say bring it on I'm a cheap a$$ anyways
Old 10-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

just because a tire comes out that looks like it doesnt mean they ripped it off. Like i know of a tire that will be released soon by a company thats similar to the new aka tire but i seen this tire like a month ago
Old 10-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121
VP also has a new tire. same as the caliber
it's not the same. it's not directional and the pins are different, it also has the belt in the tire to keep from blowing up.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi_racer
just because a tire comes out that looks like it doesnt mean they ripped it off. Like i know of a tire that will be released soon by a company thats similar to the new aka tire but i seen this tire like a month ago
The impact does resemble a the revolver. But the outside lugs are different when compared. The Sniper is almost a direct copy of the gridiron. The lug is roughtly .5mm taller. That is all.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Bigedmond;8054285]The impact does resemble a the revolver. But the outside lugs are different when compared. The Sniper is almost a direct copy of the gridiron.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

New body for HB D8?

http://www.rcblood.com/b2/wp-content...0/IMG_4101.jpg
Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

The impact does resemble a the revolver. But the outside lugs are different when compared. The Sniper is almost a direct copy of the gridiron. The lug is roughtly .5mm taller. That is all.
it looks more like a losi sprint tire
Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
it looks more like a losi sprint tire
easy, these young guys might not remember the losi sprint tires
Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Bigedmond;8054287]
The impact does resemble a the revolver. But the outside lugs are different when compared. The Sniper is almost a direct copy of the gridiron.
The Sniper, Gridiron, Reptile G2 etc. all came after guys started cutting the center lugs on the Holeshot for better forward bite. So does that mean everyone copied Proline or did everyone copy Losi as I believe they were the first to start cutting the Holeshot. I think tire manufacturer's design "some" of their tires based on what they know works and ultimately what sells.

One thing that is different from brand to brand is rubber compounds. IMO, it's nice to have similar tread patterns but many different compounds which allows more tuning without a wholesale change to the tread pattern. It's already tough enough to decide what tires to bring to a race when you have so many options on tires, foams, compounds etc. Not to mention it can get very pricey for the guy who pays full buck for all of their stuff. Just my .02
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i believe the JC goosebump was multi-step before aka were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.