Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Worlds New Products Debut >

Worlds New Products Debut

Worlds New Products Debut

Old 10-09-2010, 02:49 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
dishsoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Worlds New Products Debut

Thread for all of the new products debuting at the Worlds.

So far we have seen the new AKA tires and wheels. The wheels are pretty interesting. The inside is built with more strength and now they are adding a hub that goes inside the wheel which is locked down by the wheel nut.

You can choose to run the removable hub or not.
dishsoap is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,011
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

VP Pro on the move with newer tire line-up

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=9095
t8rtot is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro TN
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Thread for all of the new products debuting at the Worlds.

So far we have seen the new AKA tires and wheels. The wheels are pretty interesting. The inside is built with more strength and now they are adding a hub that goes inside the wheel which is locked down by the wheel nut.

You can choose to run the removable hub or not.
Were did you see these new AKA tires and wheels?
Josh Pease is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,011
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2010/10/aka-imp...ls/#more-36096

Here
t8rtot is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:00 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Claresholm,Alberta
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

The new wheels are going to make the wheels even more heavy then the proline ones. I weighed a AKA Cityblock to a PROLINE Caliber and the AKA was 230G and the PROLINE WAS 170G
shanem121 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
 
jamiekerr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Uk
Posts: 607
Default

TBH.. I prefer to run AKA-Yes there a tad more but after the PL price increase.. and how much longer the AKA's last.. I would opt for them each time. And to me a few grams is not going to be that much of a difference.. it seems like a clever idea.. but I just wonder how much of a improvement it gives..
jamiekerr14 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:24 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Amishland PA
Posts: 1,418
Default

Originally Posted by shanem121 View Post
The new wheels are going to make the wheels even more heavy then the proline ones. I weighed a AKA Cityblock to a PROLINE Caliber and the AKA was 230G and the PROLINE WAS 170G
you should do it with a grid iron vs a hole shot.. the cityblock is a heavier than a normal tire
Chad Phillips is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:03 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,011
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Oh and an Orange Hyper 9 Chassis, as seen in the Werks B6 thread
t8rtot is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:13 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Jon Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Selah WA
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shanem121 View Post
The new wheels are going to make the wheels even more heavy then the proline ones. I weighed a AKA Cityblock to a PROLINE Caliber and the AKA was 230G and the PROLINE WAS 170G
Wow! What are you using to weigh your wheels/tires? The last time I weighed my AKA Wheel/Tire *after* balancing, it was 109g. I just weighed a Proline Caliber mounted to an O'Donnell wheel and it came out 117g.
Jon Moore is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:25 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sounds cool

I like the idea of reinforced wheels. R/c wheels are too soft on the inside rim since the beginning of wheels.

I've never cared about weight.
merdith6 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:52 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Claresholm,Alberta
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jon Moore View Post
Wow! What are you using to weigh your wheels/tires? The last time I weighed my AKA Wheel/Tire *after* balancing, it was 109g. I just weighed a Proline Caliber mounted to an O'Donnell wheel and it came out 117g.
Sorry i was talking about a truggy wheels and tire.
shanem121 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:06 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
 
Busterlbn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 122
Default

I weighed AKA I-Beam 4 wheels (rims and tires) and Pro-Line Bow Tie (rims and tires too) no balancing and it was 430g for AKAs and 510g for Pro-Lines. Both sets after 5 minutes on track.
Busterlbn is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
  #13  
JQ
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,645
Default

Yes THE Car was underweight with AKA. I never really thought about it before then, but it makes a big difference what tyres and rims you run, as far as weight is concerned. Even between sets, from the same manufacturer. So have to keep that in mind.
JQ is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 06:29 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (57)
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

I like the new wheels and all but I hope they improve the plastic on the wheel itself. The inside lip area cracks compared to PL's too easily. I can go through multiple sets of tires with PL wheels before they need changing.

But I do prefer AKA tires over any other brand.
BOLISARIO is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
dishsoap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
I like the new wheels and all but I hope they improve the plastic on the wheel itself. The inside lip area cracks compared to PL's too easily. I can go through multiple sets of tires with PL wheels before they need changing.

But I do prefer AKA tires over any other brand.
Yes agreed. They do crack and chip on the lip quite easy. I have a few wheels that have cracks all the way through the entire lip of the rim. So far their tires last longer than the rim. Seems to happen on the yellow only though. The white wheels do not have the same problem.
dishsoap is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.