Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

left-right balance is thrown off without weights.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Regarding the servo, why dont other people do what I did and move the servo FULLY inside the chassis?

Basically my inside lug on the servo has been cut off, a hole has been drilled on the outside of the chassis, so I now have one screw holding the servo in, as well as servo tape. As it only has one screw, there is no issue with uneven flex.

My COG is also now closer to the middle of the car, the servo is also better protected from any damage from impacts.

It is also much neater!!

The stupid nub has been cut off.

This was done PRIOR to even running the car for the first time.

Why this isn's the standard option I dont know?
I think MFGs are cautious to release a solution where you have to cut ears off your servo and requires tape/glue.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I think MFGs are cautious to release a solution where you have to cut ears off your servo and requires tape/glue.
Tamiya dont seem to mind
Old 09-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

They have a new servo mount that will probably be on the new car. It's similar to the CSO floating servo mount. There is obviously issues if they are changing it for the new car.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I sure wish Xray would get to it and at least released some info on their new car. With all these pre orders going out for other new TCs, you would think Xray would want to make people take another look. Not a smart move if you ask me.

Never thought I would consider a different TC. I hope Xray decides on pivot style toe blocks and a solid full sized motor mount to help with cooling. I would like to see them add motor mount fins, on the inside which no one else does. Anything to make them stick out from the rest of the heap of TCs these days. The attention to little details helps.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I sure wish Xray would get to it and at least released some info on their new car. With all these pre orders going out for other new TCs, you would think Xray would want to make people take another look. Not a smart move if you ask me.

Never thought I would consider a different TC. I hope Xray decides on pivot style toe blocks and a solid full sized motor mount to help with cooling. I would like to see them add motor mount fins, on the inside which no one else does. Anything to make them stick out from the rest of the heap of TCs these days. The attention to little details helps.
If Paul's car at the Nationals is any indication of how close it is I wouldn't be holding my breath.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NolanP
If Paul's car at the Nationals is any indication of how close it is I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Think i would rather have a plastic mount rip out or move in a crash which is easy and cheap to replace than have an arm break when you go to a more solid alloy mount like tamiya /3racing etc.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

I agree something about spending 120 bucks more to have a set of adjustable toe blocks to have all the settings.

I can have all the rear toe settings and make the car narrow for $18. Hagberg mod parts plus a full shim kit. I also like how all you have to do is loosen the blocks squeeze and all play is out of the arm area. Hit something on the others really good and its a hinge pin too. Thats actually one of the cooler points I like about the Xray. Its steering blocks not being centered really bugged me.

Once again Paul's car had the steering ball joint in the exact center bar of the rack. Awesome!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by malcnz
Think i would rather have a plastic mount rip out or move in a crash which is easy and cheap to replace than have an arm break when you go to a more solid alloy mount like tamiya /3racing etc.
I don't see guys having this problem with pivot ball toe blocks.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
Yeah that was sad news to read. I guess I really want Xray to make me a 417 with their cvds and gear diffs. I keep holding off. It's getting more difficult waiting for my personal flavor features. lol
Old 09-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah that was kinds of sad news. I guess I really want Xray to make me a 417 with their cvds and gear diffs. I keep holding off. It's getting more difficult waiting for my personal feature flavor. lol
Yeah I hear ya...no literally you have been knocking the car for pillow ball mounts since day one. They won't make you go faster and you can get a vbc conversion kit for em. Simply put I haven't really heard you say nice things about the car just "stuff that would make it better". If you want a part design it. It wouldnt be hard to add pillow ball mounts if you had access to a lathe and cnc machinery. Expensive yes....

Honestly Xray is a great kit and you won't find a better quality and durability put together.

The 2013 is around the corner and you have no idea what they are going to actually come out with. The things I do know about the new car are limited.....New graphite, New metal, New steering rack......Who knows about the rest. Paul's car usually has prototype parts on it at all times. So you never know whats going in the garbage and whats going in a kit.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

I don't see guys having this problem with pivot ball toe blocks.
I think you need to look harder then as I see it a lot..and bent hingepins at the very least
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

deleted.

Last edited by RCknight; 09-14-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Beating a dead horse.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by malcnz
I think you need to look harder then as I see it a lot..and bent hingepins at the very least
I think it's a hinge pin strength issue then, but I would rather replace a hinge pin than a arm. Honestly if a few people like the cheaper route, over, easier to adjust, less parts count, more accurate rear toe, then Xray could offer both. That would offer something no other company does. You know what I want, lol, but it's a option. The toe block could be made to accept both. I think Xray should do a poll to see what customers prefer.

Last edited by RCknight; 09-15-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Gear Diff Oil

I've searched and read through this forum, and I don't think I'm any the wiser... I've just ordered a Gear Diff for the rear of my T3'11, and I'm also going to try one in the front as well. Most of the setup sheets people have posted are using 750-1000 cst in the rear (most with a spool up front). Then I see a few recommendations of 300,000 - 500,000 up front. That's a big difference! I have a bottle of Xray 100,000 that I usd in a different car, other than that, 'other name' brands 40wt, 80wt, 100wt, etc.

I see Xray have the full range from 100cst to 300,000cst:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...17&catName=New XRAY Premium Silicone Oils

I'm probably only really a local mid pack runner so want the car to be easy to drive. Should I stick with Xray 'cst' oils rather than other 'wts' What's a good starting point front and rear? Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.