Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

have a brand new 966 evo with all the new rear parts i also didnt get the links to couple the rear 2 speed and bulkheads no big deal must have to order as option part. my problem is the inner brake pad hits the inner rear hinge pin mount there is a relief cut into the hinge pin mount but its not enough anyone else run into this problem any suggestions beside dremel maybe a first run evo?maybe this problem was addressed?dont know any help
Old 06-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by firecat
have a brand new 966 evo with all the new rear parts i also didnt get the links to couple the rear 2 speed and bulkheads no big deal must have to order as option part. my problem is the inner brake pad hits the inner rear hinge pin mount there is a relief cut into the hinge pin mount but its not enough anyone else run into this problem any suggestions beside dremel maybe a first run evo?maybe this problem was addressed?dont know any help
Is the break pad sitting right against the bearing block? Nothing should be hitting anything.

The connectors ARE an option part, they dont come in the kit.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

had pads assembled wrong had one on outside of sliders tubes all good thank god i looked a little before breaking out the dremel figured connectors were option thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by firecat
had pads assembled wrong had one on outside of sliders tubes all good thank god i looked a little before breaking out the dremel figured connectors were option thanks
Thats why I asked of the pads was sitting right against the bearing block, its a bit difficult to put the pads on with the spring and in the spacers, I figured yours was hanged up on the spacer.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Still no sign of the new front end?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lilja
Still no sign of the new front end?
Early next month.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

So the new rear end only works with the new front end. Then why do they release the rear end but not front? Seems stupid.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JIM1
So the new rear end only works with the new front end. Then why do they release the rear end but not front? Seems stupid.
The new rear will work without the new front and the new front will work without the new rear either.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

when installing the new upper front suspension brackets, it comes into contact with the shocks "adjusters".

remedy is to put spacers behind the front shock tower?

or did i install it wrong some how?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there,

I new around here. I have a Serpent 966 and i use the steeringblocks nš1 on the left and nš2 on the right. Is this correct or if i change nš1 to the right and nš2 to the left what will i notice on the car?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zeca
Hi there,

I new around here. I have a Serpent 966 and i use the steeringblocks nš1 on the left and nš2 on the right. Is this correct or if i change nš1 to the right and nš2 to the left what will i notice on the car?
If I am not mistaken, #1 provides more turn-in... #2 provides more high-speed steering... i may be wrong.

so your track layout will determine which (#1 or #2) is more suited on the left / right
Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sammies
when installing the new upper front suspension brackets, it comes into contact with the shocks "adjusters".

remedy is to put spacers behind the front shock tower?
yes 1mm
Old 06-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Question. Figured Id built my throttle servo in the laydown position. Doesnt seem to be parts for it in the kit however?
What Im missing is the shims holding the servo mount but more importantly the turnbuckle for the linkage?
Im also missing a total of 4 m3x10mm screws in that bag.

Seems like I also managed to get a used fueltank inside the bag, cause its full of left over fuel haha

Last edited by Lilja; 06-17-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lilja
Question. Figured Id built my throttle servo in the laydown position. Doesnt seem to be parts for it in the kit however?
What Im missing is the shims holding the servo mount but more importantly the turnbuckle for the linkage?
Im also missing a total of 4 m3x10mm screws in that bag.

Seems like I also managed to get a used fueltank inside the bag, cause its full of left over fuel haha
Every new Fuel Tank have left over residue, that happened when they test the fuel tank (just to make sure there is no leaks), it's weird that you have hardware missing as every kit I build for the customers have a lot of leftover parts.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Every new Fuel Tank have left over residue, that happened when they test the fuel tank (just to make sure there is no leaks), it's weird that you have hardware missing as every kit I build for the customers have a lot of leftover parts.
I do have leftover parts just not the parts I need
Its one turnbuckle for the throttle linkages and 4 M3*10 screws Im missing. I know they arent there Ive been looking closely in every bag.
Doesnt matter though, Im occupied with the offroad atm so I havent really had time for my 966 yet.
Ill put an order in for all the new parts plus some options and the missing parts once the new front end is released.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.