Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
I beleive it only truely works with HW motors, maybe ok with Speed Passion motor.
Tested yesterday with LRP Vector X12 13.5T and the temp protection worked... I set it to 85C knowing my motor will reach about 90C. The ESC started double flashing red when protection kicked in.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpenteer
Can the XERUN-120A/60A-SD V2.1 ESC be upgraded to use Boost/Turbo Timing?
Yes you just need the 2 in 1 programmer. If you look at the HW website you should be able to figure out what is the latest stock software, this is the one that has all the adjustments that you want for turbo and boost.

Here is link to my post about using the programming box to update the ESC.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10482415-post8242.html

Last edited by macdude; 04-24-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THuhtamaki
Tested yesterday with LRP Vector X12 13.5T and the temp protection worked... I set it to 85C knowing my motor will reach about 90C. The ESC started double flashing red when protection kicked in.
It should work with any sensored motor that has a temp sensor. Novak, LRP, and a few others.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpenteer
Can the XERUN-120A/60A-SD V2.1 ESC be upgraded to use Boost/Turbo Timing?
Both the 120a and 60a have Boost/Turbo enabled by default. You can program it to your liking with the programmer card or set it to blinky by pressing the button sequence.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

where can I purchase the new hobbywing xerun v3 in canada ontario, thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
www.teamcrc.com they are in the states, but they are in upstate NY so I would think you could have the V3 in a couple days time.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When I look at info on the v3 of the esc, i find this:

" External Programming Port (EPP), easy to connect the LCD box. This port is also for the cooling fan. No need to disconnect receiver plug.
"

Does this mean that I will need to unplug the fan everytime I want to program the esc from the programmer box?

Does this esc use a differant programmer box than my v2.0?

Can I use the v3.0beta software (which is required for computer programming the v3 esc) to program my v2 esc?
Can I upgrade my v2 esc to v3?

thanks,
tim
Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

How much AWG wire i can get away on xtreme stock ESC. I am using 12AWG wire on esc, it is bit too thick. Can i go thinner like 16AWG for motor<>esc and battery<>esc ?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zaraz
Team CRC from New york Usa will take over the Canadian market .Frank calandra will from today be the distributor for Canada .

Retail stores and end users wanting the hobbywing product in canada please contact crc

www.teamcrc.com

regards Angelo
Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=rc_speed;10651801]When I look at info on the v3 of the esc, i find this:

" External Programming Port (EPP), easy to connect the LCD box. This port is also for the cooling fan. No need to disconnect receiver plug.
"

Does this mean that I will need to unplug the fan everytime I want to program the esc from the programmer box?

Can I use the v3.0beta software (which is required for computer programming the v3 esc) to program my v2 esc?

Dear Tim

No you do not need to unplug the fan to program the 3 pin connector is for programming but can also be used for a motor fan plug in .Not used for the esc fan esc fan has it own dedicted port for the fan

Same programming unit is used but you cannot use the same software say the 2.0 etc you must upgrade the software to the v3 version .soon we will have a programming box that will have more memory to caterfor both the v2 and v3

v2 esc cannot use v3 software as we use a different ic unit .It will not work and even if someone did crack the software it would only kill the esc .
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just some info you all need to be aware of

we have seen some issues that the esc being the v3 wont switch off but when it does switch off it switches on by itself again sometimes through the button well two things can cause this

1.extreme heat above 125c

2.shorting out the programming pins will also cause the the switch circuit to fail so please keep anything like screw drivers anything metal away from the pins.I have seen guys removing there motor fan connector with a flat blade screw driver to wedge it up and short the pins causing this problem .

any other infor you guys need please email me

[email protected] or [email protected]
Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

we have seen some issues that the esc being the v3 wont switch off but when it does switch off it switches on by itself again sometimes through the button well two things can cause this

2.shorting out the programming pins will also cause the the switch circuit to fail so please keep anything like screw drivers anything metal away from the pins.I have seen guys removing there motor fan connector with a flat blade screw driver to wedge it up and short the pins causing this problem .

good point i have been using an un pinned plug in the v3s program port so i wont have any issues
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

Or using a metal cased temp gun on the esc and shorting the pins..
*holds up hand!*
Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=COBRARACING;10652219]
Originally Posted by rc_speed
When I look at info on the v3 of the esc, i find this:

"

Dear Tim

No you do not need to unplug the fan to program the 3 pin connector is for programming but can also be used for a motor fan plug in .Not used for the esc fan esc fan has it own dedicted port for the fan

Same programming unit is used but you cannot use the same software say the 2.0 etc you must upgrade the software to the v3 version .soon we will have a programming box that will have more memory to caterfor both the v2 and v3

v2 esc cannot use v3 software as we use a different ic unit .It will not work and even if someone did crack the software it would only kill the esc .
Regarding the programming box, you can still use a V3 enabled 2in1 box to program a V2.1, but it cannot be done by the box itself, rather using the box to connect to a pc, then using the V2.1 software.
Need to use the V3 software to program the V3 mind.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For covering the pins on the V3 esc and taking away any risk of shorting them out, I recommend using a dust cover typically used for receivers. It also protects any dust from getting into the esc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.