Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO they are both as good.

I went with the losi when I switched to lipos. I couldnt stand having that many weights on the righ side of my T2...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys im trying to gear up for a race this weekend and lost one of the c-hub bushings. all local sources are out of stock, anyone know of a different brand that will for sure fit? they are the bushing that slide into the c-hub from the inside before you put in the steering hub.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Hey guys im trying to gear up for a race this weekend and lost one of the c-hub bushings. all local sources are out of stock, anyone know of a different brand that will for sure fit? they are the bushing that slide into the c-hub from the inside before you put in the steering hub.
Try AE Bushings
Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey yeti what size track are you on? i run on a small carpet track and the gearing chart isnt even close. I'm right around 2.5. i think i'm at a 118/47.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turtlebmx
hey yeti what size track are you on? i run on a small carpet track and the gearing chart isnt even close. I'm right around 2.5. i think i'm at a 118/47.
I personally have never run a 17.5 but it is the recommended starting point for FDR for that motor at 3.5. I would have to guess if you need to change gearing you will have to purchase a PRS adapter and get smaller spur gears. I am not saying it is the perfect gearing, just the starting point.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by gfarb
Looking to get back into the hobby after a 2 year break, I’m considering this car and aTC5R. My plans are to run 13.5, lipo, rubber tires, on carpet. I’m really looking to get a car that I don’t have to spend to much money on to be competitive. What are your thoughts???
So what would I need to get this car working on carpet? Also could someone post a good starting point for a setup.

Last edited by gfarb; 09-06-2008 at 03:15 AM. Reason: sp
Old 09-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gfarb
So what would I need to get this car working on carpet? Also could someone post a good starting point for a setup.
Are you gonna run foam or rubber? If it is rubber go back a page or two and you can get Mike Haynes's setup from IIC this year. He TQ'd and won 13.5 rubber with that setup and I ran it as well at IIC. It is very drivable and worked well on high bite carpet.

For foam you can try this setup: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/losi...IC20070930.pdf I ran this at IIC as well this year and again very driveable.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I just purchased the Type R and was excited to build it, when I got to the rear section (Bag C) there was 2 identical hindge pin blocks. It is mis-packaged, so my building came to a halt Now I have to wait till Monday to order a set, Rant over
Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
I just purchased the Type R and was excited to build it, when I got to the rear section (Bag C) there was 2 identical hindge pin blocks. It is mis-packaged, so my building came to a halt Now I have to wait till Monday to order a set, Rant over
Don't pay for them, contact Horizon and get them replaced.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

I've got a problem with one of my wheel hexes. No matter what wheel I put on it the wheel wobbles slightly. It also means I get different camber readings depending on where its sitting. Should I just get a replacement or some alloy ones? If so what part number are the standard alloy hexes?

Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
I've got a problem with one of my wheel hexes. No matter what wheel I put on it the wheel wobbles slightly. It also means I get different camber readings depending on where its sitting. Should I just get a replacement or some alloy ones? If so what part number are the standard alloy hexes?

Thanks
I would switch to the alloy ones.

Heres a link

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...w-(STK)/Detail

Also depending on what you are running you may want to try .195s all around for foam or .195s in the rear and .165s in the front for rubber.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by tim fry

Thanks
had a the same problem with my car and found that the only way to get rid of the problem was to fit some jrxs axil shims behind the hex pins as thay are a few thou thicker than the "r" shims and this will take up the slack wear the
axils go through the bearings
Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 PM

just wondering if your out there mike haynes if you could let me know what your "up travel limters" where set to as no one seems to mention these and i find them a very powerfull adjustment
Old 09-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal
had a the same problem with my car and found that the only way to get rid of the problem was to fit some jrxs axil shims behind the hex pins as thay are a few thou thicker than the "r" shims and this will take up the slack wear the
axils go through the bearings

I have already tried this but it was no better. I just think the hex is distorted. I will give it another go though
Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal
just wondering if your out there mike haynes if you could let me know what your "up travel limters" where set to as no one seems to mention these and i find them a very powerfull adjustment
I can't recall presonally ever using them myself and never seen reference to them in setups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.