Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by diskostew
Chris, where did you get the blocks? i need to go pick some up... Did tony say when the swaybars will be out???

see ya at SoCal soon... I couldn't get off work in time yesterday...
Remember about a week ago, I posted that I had given my parts list to Mas, and said we might have parts at SoCal in the coming week? Well, we got them... Apperently, we had Triangle, Circle, Square, and three different X blocks. The X blocks were, 2º, 2.5º, and the original 3º. When I showed up on Saturday morning, we had already sold out of the 2.5 X block. So hopefully, we should have more in stock this coming week...

I did not ask Tony about the sway bars, I figure: Everyone and their mother has been asking the same things, so why pester the poor guy even more? hahaha.

Chad told me that the sway bars are almost the same. The only difference, is that for the TC4, you have to cut the bars shorter. I thought, that was some valuable information.

Side Note: Mas talked with Kurt lastnight about the outter hingepins being bent upon time of purchase. He said that they were from a bad batch of hingepins, and that this upcoming batch should be error free...

Losi xxxs, are you using the Factory Team TC3 hingepins on the outter locations?(I thought about installing the Factory Team hingepins fromt the TC3) I have not had a chance to measure, but I am thinking that the TC4 has a slightly larger pin diameter... Using the stock hingepins, I don't have much play at all...
Old 10-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
have you guys notice that the rear castor blocks wabble like crazy? what can i do to get rid of some of that ?
Rear castor clocks?? One thing I did notice is that my front ones have alot of play for a brand new car. What is actually happening is that the hinge pin is tilting back and forth inside the A-arm where the small .050 retaining screw is. Anyone else's car do this? Was just wondering if maybe I got some that were a few thousands too small (diameter). No screws or ball studs are loose, it's actually the pin moving like a see-saw.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

i personally thought the arms had some play in them sliding on the pins...not quite enough shimming??

also, ive seen two built now where the batwings, where the camber links mount, when you tighten the ball studs, you cant tighten them, but instead 'snug' them, as the batwing cracks when you tighten them...
Old 10-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

yeah tap the holes forst to reduce the likelyhood of cracking
Old 10-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

I built one, then Daniel built one, and we both had that problem...he hates that car already...lol, but he's gonna run it anyway...it will still be fast as hell thats just Daniel
Old 10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Sposed to get my TC4 last Friday but due to Associated only sending a limited number over we decided not to reserve any for our staff and instead send them all out to the UK stores we supply

Gotta wait another week or so for the next batch.

Still better late than never....

Just wondering.....does the blue TC3 alloy screw set fit? I presume it mostly will even if there are a few out
Old 10-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

for the most part the screw set is pretty close, there are a couple of new screws but they are ones i don't think i would want to change anyway
Old 10-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To answer some questions:

Yes, the TC3 caster blocks will fit the TC4....only difference is the TC4 are now symmetrical on BOTH sides of the block, whereas the TC3 were not.

Bubbles: ask away, dood. That's what I'm here for!!!! On a side note to the swaybars; you should NOT have to shorten them. If Chad is, he is doing that for who-knows what reason.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default Punkkboy, Branson Melton, Losi XXXS...

I have the same problem with mine. Lots of play in those locations. I hope Ae will tighten up the tolerances. Otherwise it's a great car.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

for the play in the arms, motor shims work well...
Old 10-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default got my kit

got my kit not going to put it toghter yet because im waiting on my carbon kit to come i see my friend brandon melton had a good run yesterdy way to also kilruf cya soon will be in orlando this weekend watchng the touring race thur/ sat
Old 10-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

why didnt associated make alum. arm mounts and tit. hingpins i think associated is getting cheap and the bumber has really no use the bumber dont even cover atleast some of the wheels. so if you guys are taking a turn and hit the wall say bye to that a-arm . but that car is still nice.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
why didnt associated make alum. arm mounts and tit. hingpins i think associated is getting cheap and the bumber has really no use the bumber dont even cover atleast some of the wheels. so if you guys are taking a turn and hit the wall say bye to that a-arm . but that car is still nice.
they hve the aluminum arm mounts part#31064/ thru31069 and factory hinge pins too call associate to place ur order
Old 10-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Arm Shimming..... why not use:

AS31010 - TC4 Arm Mount Shims?

Or are these different?
Old 10-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

oh opps well nvm lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.