Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Then why did you ask if you had to bring one????????
I wasnt really asking if I needed to bring one, more if I should find one to sit under... My bad
Old 07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I wasnt really asking if I needed to bring one, more if I should find one to sit under... My bad
the weather we have been having everyone should sit under one.....LOL You should have been careful of what you asked for because I might be running 13.5 tomorrow
Old 07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

the weather we have been having everyone should sit under one.....LOL You should have been careful of what you asked for because I might be running 13.5 tomorrow
Dude im in sportsman, even if you do, it doesnt affect me. LOL

I hope I can move up though.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Dude im in sportsman, even if you do, it doesnt affect me. LOL

I hope I can move up though.
I'm never getting a piece of you then.....LOL It will be fun to run with the old crew in 13.5 I haven't raced with TK and Russ in forever.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

I'm never getting a piece of you then.....LOL It will be fun to run with the old crew in 13.5 I haven't raced with TK and Russ in forever.
Yeah I want to move up, but if im going to get killed, then id rather take is easy.... I dont have a ton of money, bought a new iPhone today... LOL im broke!
Old 07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey guys just got my Cyclone TC put together and I ran for the first time a couple of nights ago. I am having a problem with a clicking noise in the front end. Checked the cvd's and cant find any obvious problems was hoping some of you migh know what it could be. Also I seems like the font belt want to bind up all the time cant figure that out either. It get tight then need loose. Thanks gut any help would be great.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rdog
Hey guys just got my Cyclone TC put together and I ran for the first time a couple of nights ago. I am having a problem with a clicking noise in the front end. Checked the cvd's and cant find any obvious problems was hoping some of you migh know what it could be. Also I seems like the font belt want to bind up all the time cant figure that out either. It get tight then need loose. Thanks gut any help would be great.

Sounds like spool chatter. Are you running a spool?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Yeah im running the spool in the front. Can that be fixed or is it just the way it is?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It sounds like one of your pulleys for either the center layshaft is weird, or the front main pulley isnt on straight.... That would be the only thing I can think of that would cause the tight-loose syndrome.

Also make sure the pulleys are perfectly clean with no gunk or gravel in it. Having little chunks of asphalt in your pulleys at SIR isn't totally unheard of. That would be a possible cause for the clicking sound AND the belt tension weirdness.

-Korey
Old 07-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spools make a lot of cars make weird noise. Listen to a tamiya car run around the track with a spool. They make an odd sound when you hit the gas out of the corner. The universal axles will also chatter when they are put at an extreme angle, some more than others.

I've heard the MIP CVD's out of the Moorespeed/World Champ edition kit help cut down on the chatter a bit, but I haven't received my kit to actually start testing all that cool stuff just yet. Should have it early next week I'm thinkin

-Korey
Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for info Korey really appreciate it. Ill check that stuff out.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tomracing
does anyone know more about hara's setup at the ETS?
was there loads of grip out there or what.
I spotted some shots of his car on redrc showing he used the extra torsion control thingies under his upperdeck at the front.
then also a glimps of one of the springs (front) to be "a yellow?"
now hpi pro4 yellow would be very hard and perhaps more logical with the torsion control. or hara yellow??? but that would seem strange perhaps so soft at the front?
anyway you twist it hara has been onfire lately and it would be good to find out whats making the speed.

anyone?
here's a redrc shot:
Hi there,
I've been there in the same table as hara.
There was a lot of grip and a very smooth track, he used 70WT at the shocks, for sure hpi yellow (because some times he tried gold spring). And yeah you can believe that the rear shocks were all layed down, but in the weekend they (Moore and Hara) also changed to the 3rd hole counting from down. Pack at front position. But this track is so special that i think it will be dificult to make it work at any other track.
Here is my little mobile gallery: http://picasaweb.google.com/jorgesim...INALSANDERNACH
Also Paul Lemieux was there and super fast also, a big hug to Paul, very nice person and very simple person.
A fantastic weekend.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

And by the way, what is making that speed is for sure HARA.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the biggest 48p spur gear I can put in my cyclone?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes Hara F shock used which yellow spring ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.