Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Are you too at work messing around when you should be working, i am bored out of my skull, we are uploading budgets at the moment, and no-one knows how to do it properly, should see it it looks like a marx brothers scene.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Are you too at work messing around when you should be working, i am bored out of my skull, we are uploading budgets at the moment, and no-one knows how to do it properly, should see it it looks like a marx brothers scene.
Yeh i'm in my office at the mo, just thinking about my offroad setup for tomorrow night at CMC...very boring!
Old 11-12-2001, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Black Knight

I know that you are on Express side, although after having a 4.1 do you think that the two cars are on Par with each other or is one better than the other?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, besercoe I am another Aussie racer, welcome aboard..

Paul, yeah J.V is talkin about getting rid of his tc3 already...didnt do as he had hope with it..

infact I was faster with my corally, than he could go with his new tc3..even though he had the grunt to kill me on the straight...

after the meet, he was talkin up how he was selling hte tc3, and would get a yoke, or the losi

the corally is flying...all I need is a little more grunt, we got our new 12 singles in teh mail from constant on friday, just in time....and yours is on its way to H.E..I can tell you they are ballistic, better than the previous ones, as these were team winds...much better top end...and more efficient!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

What is new about the new motors?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Corally 12 single...

In Victoria, we run a 12 turn motor limit, like enforced throughout europe, england and soon a majority of the world...

so the single windings are proving to be the most powerfull...

we had our orignal motors replaced due to a certain issue with the first batch..

let me just say these motors sing...both Cookie and i ran them at the Vics on the weekend...geared at 5.8!..

you should see the windings on them...a work of art!..tight and only a whisker of balancing putty required

Last edited by King-G; 11-12-2001 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

I have not used a Corrally motor in a long time i know that the old ones, had extremely good wingigs and quality.
What is your name, i have been racing on and off for a while i would not be surprised if we knew each other?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by King-G
Hey guys, besercoe I am another Aussie racer, welcome aboard..

Paul, yeah J.V is talkin about getting rid of his tc3 already...didnt do as he had hope with it..

infact I was faster with my corally, than he could go with his new tc3..even though he had the grunt to kill me on the straight...

after the meet, he was talkin up how he was selling hte tc3, and would get a yoke, or the losi

the corally is flying...all I need is a little more grunt, we got our new 12 singles in teh mail from constant on friday, just in time....and yours is on its way to H.E..I can tell you they are ballistic, better than the previous ones, as these were team winds...much better top end...and more efficient!
King-G, How did you end up going at the Vic Titles? Are there any results posted on a website?

I look forward to running the 12x1 Corally, i had 1 good run with the previous faulty motor and i was impressed. I'm also waiting a new C4.1 kit to replace my current kit, i have promissed my existing car to a friend but i may keep it (i like it to much!).

Our next big race will be November 25th in Canberra a round of the DSI Cup (4th and final round i think).

Final note: JV might like to take look at a Tamiya TB Evolution II, we call these Tamiya TC3's!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Is your 4.1 available for Sale? That could potentially change the timeframe and or decision i make, call me i think you should have my number.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Besercoe: Don't forget that racing is on this Friday at Brush Farm (Ryde), see if you can pop over for a look.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Is your 4.1 available for Sale? That could potentially change the timeframe and or decision i make, call me i think you should have my number.
sorry, i don't have your number, you could email me.

[email protected]
Old 11-12-2001, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

I cant get over there early enough, i believe that PE and I may come over when Castle Hill is not on. If i can talk him into taking my gear that is.

Would you be selling your car, and how much? Call me
Old 11-12-2001, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Black Knight - You have Mail
Old 11-12-2001, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

My Name is Gavin Leys, I have been racing around 2 years, I run Mod touring at Templestowe.

I made the trip up in January for the summernats at kamba..ran group20..

wasnt running corally back then, but started to run for Hobby express, soon after..and havent looked back..

in fact I quickly beat my previous times set with my tc3 using the c4.1...

it suits my driving style, and I love the adjustabilty..

not to mention that the only hopup you would ever need to buy is the oneway diff for some tracks/conditions..makes the corally pretty awesome value when you consider it already has alloy diffs, Carbon everything...

it is one of the the most durable cars on the market imho.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

the Vics started out as I had hoped, setting the 3rd fastest qualifyer in Mod a. in my final round..I was confident it couldnt be beaten with only the Mod b round of qualifying remaining...Then it started to rain slightly during their run, and a certain J.V protested to the race director that his run was not in the same conditions as ours, and therefore to our disbelief the 4th round was scrapped!...

i lost my 3rd qualifying position in the A..and cookie lost his 5th position..

we dropped to 5th and 7th respectivly for the next days racing, which should have been a washout as it rained on and off constantly all day...

the finals were a disaster, being taken out in the first 2 finals..the last final i broke clear of the squabbles in teh pack, and was hunting abbot and griffin for the first half, slightly catching for the first 8 laps..

then cookie was in 4th, he passed me on the last corner as I dumped right on the line...

cookie managed a 3rd overall...

to make matters worse, I was found to be underweight after that strong run...by a measly 7 grams...I later realised that different inserts were to blame, and the orally 12x1 was lighter than the fantom Ti..which I had made sure I was 20 grams over all weekend..so you can understand my dissapointment...but it happens to the best of em, so I have learnt my lesson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.