Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have noticed that if I have a ball cup pop off in a location and I replace the ball cup and it happens again shortly I need to replace the ball stud. This is the obvious part but I am amazed how fast the ball wears out. Dirt embeds in the pastic and acts as sandpaper and grinds down the ball stud. This freq happens with lower shock balls also! I do not replace the lower shock eyelet though. I just press in a new shock ball and it tightens everything right up!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

beetle - Yup, ithe Sirio is a good one.

The interview is in Hi-Torque's R/C Car.

D Mac - Thanks! I use the stock carb actually..it's really good. I am running the new MF2 white ballcups on all of my cars. I don't use captured ends on any of my cars..I don't think they're worth it. I have heard of people having good luck with the Traxxas, Rocket City, and Mugen ones.

mafia - I'd rather use kite string...
Old 09-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Aaron-Should i get longer outdrives for my xxx-nt if i use mip cvds,or should i stick with stock dogbones.Thanks in advance
Old 09-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont know how much you know about this but do you know of any superchargers besides the rb innovations.... OS .18
Old 09-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

what up evan,go to www.mppa.biz they have asweet lookin supercharger.hope to hve helped.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

ive heard nothing but bad things about superchargers. im pretty sure you cant race with them though.

my understanding is that its alot of risky work and expense for a negligeble gain.

sofast, i just installed CVDs in my rc10gt today and they rule. no slop, smooth as 12 year old scotch, and they wont fall out.

if you get the set made for your car you shouldnt have any problems with your outdrives, but then again i dont do losi, so i may be wrong.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

EDIT: disreguard. the dude sold me the wrong drive shaft. its identical to the electric stealth drive shaft with a shorter roll pin. 3/16" instead of 7/16"

doh!

oi, a headache of my own.

i installed a new topshaft today (good call aaron, smoothed things out a bit) and it turns out, the roll pin that the slipper and brake hub grab is too short.

for those unaware of the setup of the rc10gt, the brake rides on a hex shaped hub, with two notches to grab the roll pin in the driveshaft. the slipper clutch goes inside the brake hub, and catches the roll pin as well to transfer power from the spur/slipper to the tranny.

the roll pin included with the drive shaft is TOO SHORT! its just big enough to grab the slipper, but its too short to grab the brake hub. effectively, i have no brakes. and its an odd size roll pin. me and the LHS guy went through everything today and couldnt find one that would fit AND was long enough.

the old one got damaged on removal

any thoughts guys?

Last edited by beetlebz; 09-28-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

naw no broken parts i checked when i put the oil in im asking if i put oil in would it like push the black grease thats already in there out. it looks like its doing that and i just ran it today and it runs fine so nothings broken.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

lol or i mean trying to stay under like 150 or so
Old 09-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

sure, for 130-140 you can get a .12 CVR for 150ish you can get a .15
Old 09-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Sofast NT - The stock outdrives will be fine..there are no longer outdrives for the NT. I would stick with the dogbones however..the truck works better with the stock universals, and there is no reason to switch to CVD's.

beetle - I had the same problem at work with a customer's truck..but I was able to find the part on the wall. Try another of the same part number, or call Associated's customer service..

balla - I can't really guess what's wrong without seeing it. Have you tried talking to the guys over at maxxtraxx.com?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

i needed a bunch of screws so i just placed an order to tower for a handful of stuff. apparently you can actually order the pins seperately in 6 packs
Old 09-29-2004, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi XXX-T shocks

Hi Aaron,
Once again I need info.
I am holding shocks for Losi XXX-T RTR and also shocks for Losi XXX-T MF.
I need to get oil in these shocks, I have done it before but I always seem to do it wrong, there seems to be air in the housing.

Can you tell me a good way to fill them.

Best regards
Eirikur
Old 09-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Off Topic:

Aaron,

at my school we're having those senior class meetings every 5 minutes for graduation that is 9 months away. Anyway, one topic of discussion was the class ring. I don't really want one, but did you get one? Don't worry, you won't sway my decision. I think its a waste of money though.

On Topic:

When people come into your shop, unless they already know you, do most people know that you're a "big" namer? You should have your picture on the front door that says "hey.....I'm a pro, so ask me for my autograph." or something to that effect. You are a great way to increase buisness.

Shop Owner-"Hey everyone!...we've got a pro workin' here!"

Little kid-"Daddy, I want to see the pro!"

Dad-"OK son, but only for a little while...I'm sure he's very improtant"

SO-"step right up ladies and gents and witness the specticle of R/C racing....and while your at it, have him sell you a car."

Little Kid-"wow Mr. Waldron, you really neeto, what kind of car do you have?"

AW-"well there...buckaroo, I run losi and this that and the other thing"

Little kid-"Daddy, I want what Mr. Waldron has....he's my hero"

Dad-not wanting to be rude after that whole shpeal you just gave says, "sure....son, lets get you one of those."

AW-with a pleasent wave and smile points to the dad as he walks arms full over to the register to wait in line and says "I'm sorry, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it....thanks for shopping at -name of your shop here-"

Dad-walking to the car feeling a bit lighter "gee son, how are we gonna tell your mother"

Little Kid-"its OK, dad, we'll just tell her that Mr. Waldron...the pro, sold it to us, then it will be Ok"

Shop owner- "Step right up....step right up!..."
Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

snikkari - The shocks have to have some air to be able to compress..that's just the nature of bladder-less shocks.

Start with the shock body, and fill with oil to the bottom of the threads. Slide the cartridge all the way up to meet the piston. Slowly (!) push this assembly into the shock, and turn one or two times. push the shock in half-way, and thread slightly more. At this point, you should have about one full turn left to completely tighten the cartridge. Slowly compress the shock completely, and immediately tighten the cartridge.

Don't hold a shock upside down to check for air..the shock isn't upside down on the car! You can use Losi's shock dyno to make sure you have both shocks bled the same amount.

mafia - I never got a class ring for high school... I don't like wearing watches or jewelry, it bothers me.

A few people recognize me when they walk into the store..otherwise, the other people that work there are quick to show them my picture in the magazine, which leads to them asking me a billion questions....but you're making it sound like I'm a talent show at a circus!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.