Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Pink front silver rear? on Tarmac I use HPI silver/silver 99% of times. Spec-R 2.7 front and back is pretty good aswell.

1.5/0.5 sounds alright for tarmac aswell. I'd try 0 in the back if the rearend tends to slide out suddenly. if it doesn't stick with 0.5 as it will give you more traction.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

has naybody tried the spec r titanium gear diff pin? i got it in the mail but the titanium pin is much bigger than the original. wondering if i got a bad order or something?
Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
Pink front silver rear? on Tarmac I use HPI silver/silver 99% of times. Spec-R 2.7 front and back is pretty good aswell.

1.5/0.5 sounds alright for tarmac aswell. I'd try 0 in the back if the rearend tends to slide out suddenly. if it doesn't stick with 0.5 as it will give you more traction.
1.5/0.5 under braket??
Old 11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

I tried the SpecR in the front at the weekend and liked it.

SpecR gear diff in the front

Thoughts?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by higbo
1.5/0.5 under braket??
Yes
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hofer.

what screw you remove from the car?
under? topdeck?

were you dremel down?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just picked up a couple MI4LP's.
The cars came with two Spec R gear diffs.One is new in pack but does not include the CX inserts. The other as it is installed right now, the blades float in side the slot in the out drive. I know that I need the CX slider inserts
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rt-Set-4-Mi4CX

But I believe I also need these
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...4CX/U3815.html

I just noticed that Amain and Stormer dont carry the slider rings, is the only source for these parts out of the UK? Are the rings needed or can the diff be run with just the inserts? Is there an alternative?

Also the cars came with alot of drive shafts, all are metal. Many are new but the used ones seems to have broken at the pin on the CV joint. Is this a common break? The spools the cars came with also have damage to the out drive ends, what is the best method to prevent this?

I will be running one car in 17.5 non boosted and the other in 13.5 boosted. Any suggestions to put me in the ball park with gearing?
Any good setups to start off with for each car running rubber tire, carpet on a rather bumpy surface?

Is anyone using a servo saver?
Thanks.

Last edited by outtafocus; 11-10-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
I just picked up a couple MI4LP's.
The cars came with two Spec R gear diffs.One is new in pack but does not include the CX inserts. The other as it is installed right now, the blades float in side the slot in the out drive. I know that I need the CX slider inserts
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rt-Set-4-Mi4CX

But I believe I also need these
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...4CX/U3815.html

I just noticed that Amain and Stormer dont carry the slider rings, is the only source for these parts out of the UK? Are the rings needed or can the diff be run with just the inserts? Is there an alternative?

Also the cars came with alot of drive shafts, all are metal. Many are new but the used ones seems to have broken at the pin on the CV joint. Is this a common break? The spools the cars came with also have damage to the out drive ends, what is the best method to prevent this?

I will be running one car in 17.5 non boosted and the other in 13.5 boosted. Any suggestions to put me in the ball park with gearing?
Any good setups to start off with for each car running rubber tire, carpet on a rather bumpy surface?

Is anyone using a servo saver?
Thanks.
You don't really need the rings that go over the inserts.

Did one of those LP's by any chance come from Jeff Jenkins?

-Mike
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Dont know who Jeff Jenkins is, but they were from Bobert Ross, I have seen a few of his posts in this thread in various places.

So the rings are more of a dress up part? I will probably end up ordering direct from Schumacher, but will have to find a few more items that arent available over here to go with it.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hi guys. i need a little help from those of you who has the mi4 gear diff. i need to get measurements from the outer 10x15 bearing to the nearest side pulley wall, the distance between outsides of the 10x15 bearings, the diff outdrive distance out to out, and the slot opening width (4mm?). Please if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know anything about the Mi4 for 2012?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by higbo
Does anyone know anything about the Mi4 for 2012?
the mi4cx seems to keep improving with new/improved parts, i hope they just keep doing that and updating online setup sheets instead of releasing a newer Mi.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Its been a little quiet in here lately, so I thought I should ask some more questions.

I am currently running the Losi JRX-S Type R and having read through some older pages of this thread I see people were using the Losi LCD drive shafts. Seeing as I have a few of them here I was going to try them out. Are people still using these or have you guys found other parts to work better?

When guys talk about the HPI silver spring, is this the one they refer to?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...5mm-65-Coils-2
Old 11-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its been a little quiet in here lately, so I thought I should ask some more questions.

I am currently running the Losi JRX-S Type R and having read through some older pages of this thread I see people were using the Losi LCD drive shafts. Seeing as I have a few of them here I was going to try them out. Are people still using these or have you guys found other parts to work better?

I ran xray ecs's in Mi4's when I ran them.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The new steel CX drive shafts are the way to go. I bent, broke and wore out a million alloy ones in front and now I'm still on the same pair of steel ones since they came out. At the rear the original alloy's are fine.

Those are the HPI silver springs everyone talks about BUT, if you can get the older version that are black in color they are apparently better in someway. I got mine from Amain a year ago and they came black in color, but they may have just been stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.