Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by thesaint
Hi Paul,

Can I know where I can buy this to try? I try RCamerica but not listed in their website.

Rgds
Simon Yew
Hi Simon, try Nexxus as Darrald said. Thanks

Originally Posted by drsfly
Nexusracing.com shows both in stock if RCA is out.

Later,
Darrald
Thanks Darrald!

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey Paul, it was nice watching you race again at jackson, congrats on the win!
Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Paul on a low traction bite track what you prepare to use ball diff or gear diff?
and also how you rebuilt your ball diff and how often?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul on a low traction bite track what you prepare to use ball diff or gear diff?
and also how you rebuilt your ball diff and how often?
Thanks
Hi. I pretty much always run a gear diff now, even on low bite i feel like it is faster. The ball diff is definately easier to drive on any track.
when i used a ball diff i rebuilt it constantly, for club racing and practice i would let it go for the day but at big races i rebuilt it every two runs.
The standard for me with the gear diff is 1000cst for asphalt and 2000cst for carpet.

when rebuilding the ball diff i would replace the thrust as much as possible, then i would sand the rings every time with 1000grit sand paper untill the wear ring from the balls is gone. The diff balls always lasted a very long time, the rings you can re sand many many times but the thrust was always the weak point. I used Xray black grease on the thrust and associated stealth grease on the diff balls. break in lightly and run it tight enough not to slip on the track. and thats about it.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi Paul, have you run the Sweep OG Spec tire on asphalt at all? If so, can you tell me if you prep them differently to your usual LG1/2 routine, and if you do anything special with the car?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by CraigM
Hi Paul, have you run the Sweep OG Spec tire on asphalt at all? If so, can you tell me if you prep them differently to your usual LG1/2 routine, and if you do anything special with the car?
Hi. I have run the tires on asphalt. I really dont have any tricks for them, I think anything that would be done differently with sauce or set up would matter more on the track conditions as opposed to the tire change.
sorry I dont have any good info, lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

Any word if TP will be releasing new batteries before IIC? (or at least your guess) Last year the 65C packs came out right around IIC if I recall correctly. I need some new packs but am willing to wait if there is something in the pipeline.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Hey Paul,

Any word if TP will be releasing new batteries before IIC? (or at least your guess) Last year the 65C packs came out right around IIC if I recall correctly. I need some new packs but am willing to wait if there is something in the pipeline.
Just by the 65C now, they're the best out there!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
I've been told they are a bit different diameter... so check your ride height !
Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Hey Paul, was just wondering if you use the new xray gear diff or the NT1 gear diff Korgae gave you? If your using the new 1 is it better in any way?Thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi paul im gonna make the trip from Australia for IIC this year and was looking for your setup for t311 from last year.
do you have any suggestions on goop and general car setup for 17.5 boosted class there ?

Thanx
Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Hey Paul,

Hi. i dont know for sure. I am really happy right now with the current batterys. as always TP is looking for the next better thing but im not sure if anything is in the works for a release soon. sorry.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Just by the 65C now, they're the best out there!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I've been told they are a bit different diameter... so check your ride height !
True, sometimes i overlook the more obvious answers LOL. Thanks

Originally Posted by traitor
Hey Paul, was just wondering if you use the new xray gear diff or the NT1 gear diff Korgae gave you? If your using the new 1 is it better in any way?Thanks
Hi. I did use the new Xray gear diff. From a functional standpoint i feel like a properly converted/built Nt1 diff and the new diff is similar, both work very well. but the New diff is way lighter so i will run the new diff from now on for that reason, Plus the new diff uses the thicker new style blades.

Originally Posted by =FLIP=
Hi paul im gonna make the trip from Australia for IIC this year and was looking for your setup for t311 from last year.
do you have any suggestions on goop and general car setup for 17.5 boosted class there ?

Thanx
HI. Glad to hear that you will be making the trip!, i dont think you will be disipointed.
I would start with this set up and i will obviously be their to help from their.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t3_2011

Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

4 pages back, I don't think so.

Anyways Paul, I know I either watched you or read somewhere what you where doing to prep the shock on the XII car, some crazy glue action and such........could you describe that build process (again), but write it slowly as I don't read so fast anymore. (Eric if you have any input on this that would be great too).

Vegas, brews, but not the last day this time.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Asphalt Assault 2011

Hey Paul....

Are you going to be at Leisure Hours this coming Sunday for the final leg of the 2011 Asphalt Assault Series?

There are some guys on the AA Thread talking about wanting to run Mod on Sunday.

I hope you can make it.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
4 pages back, I don't think so.

Anyways Paul, I know I either watched you or read somewhere what you where doing to prep the shock on the XII car, some crazy glue action and such........could you describe that build process (again), but write it slowly as I don't read so fast anymore. (Eric if you have any input on this that would be great too).

Vegas, brews, but not the last day this time.

Thanks
Hi. I feel like in the center shock the piston has too big of holes in it, and the side shock has no holes or is too big. For vegas with stock pistons i would run 1,000cst in the center shock, in the side shock i would run 200cst, the shocks feel great like this but it dose not leave me any room to tune on the high and low side.

I have been leaving the center shock alone, 900 or 1000 cst always works well for me on high bite.

With the side shock I have been cutting a small notch or V in the side of the piston, this way it makes it feel softer and you will now run 500cst and have a tuneing range again. It kinda stinks that i have done it this way BC even I can not duplicate it perfect.

For the build I have no real tricks, I just follow the manual. i will normally have to bleed the center shock some.

Thanks

Originally Posted by StarrRacing
Hey Paul....

Are you going to be at Leisure Hours this coming Sunday for the final leg of the 2011 Asphalt Assault Series?

There are some guys on the AA Thread talking about wanting to run Mod on Sunday.

I hope you can make it.

Im still planning on making it out, im trying to get my gas car stuff ready for the GLC next week so i can make it one big trip. leisure on sunday then go to ohio for the gas race. hopefully i can get everything done. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Im still planning on making it out, im trying to get my gas car stuff ready for the GLC next week so i can make it one big trip. leisure on sunday then go to ohio for the gas race. hopefully i can get everything done. Thanks!
Practice some nitro while you're at LHR. I don't think anyone would mind...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.