Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

'grats on the win Paul, would love to see your setup when you have time, your car looked dialled in the couple of vids I've seen
Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Paul,
Congratulations on your 2011 ROAR On-Road Championship win this past weekend at Jackson, NJ.

Like always, Randy and I are ecstatic to be at the same event with you. Even better, to run in the same class. Thanks again for the XRAY pinion to get us going again in MOD TC.

One more thanks.
Thanks for all the help, coaching, tips, and smiles over the past 4 years as we met paths at different races. The tips at the Wisconsin TCS event were invaluable for rubber on carpet racing.

Randy is going to put down RC racing for a while while he goes off to college. Time goes fast. It was just yesterday, Randy was sliding around with a silver can motor in a TA05 to this past weekend running MOD on the RC/American team in a National event.

Thanks to you, XRAY, and RC/America for the support over the years.

BTW, we still have the painted TC body you gave us back in 2007 as a souvenir.

The best going away present was when Randy tucked in behind you (his mentor) at the 3:45 mark and got the ride of his life.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-03-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey Paul, congrats on your victory!

I have to ask you this though. After such a big win do you ever feel like going out to the start finish line and giving it a kiss? You know, like the winners do at Indy.

I will wait patiently for your response. Thank you.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by StarrRacing
Paul, Congrats on the Big WIN...

I have a T2 009 that I run VTA with, I am getting ready to rebuild the front end and am ordering the ECS Shafts, Steering Blocks, Suspension Arms, and C-Hubs..... The C-Hubs come in 2, 4, and 6 Degree. For VTA, on Asphalt (i.e. the Asphalt Assault Series).... What degree of C-Hubs should I be running? ........ Thank You and see you at the AA on Aug 21st.
Hi. Thanks!.
I have never set up a VTA car with those tall tires but i would guess 4deg blocks, if the car is hard to drive then i would try 2 deg then.

see ya.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hey Paul (or Eric),

A 1/12th question for you, does one prefer to have a 1/12th body float or should it be tight to the posts? Whats your preference? Also whats your preference for body choice in 1/12th carpet?

EA your suggestion saved me a ton of work and well worth the money.

Thanks
I normallu let mine float but not much, holes just a little oversized and 1mm or so up and down. Thanks

Originally Posted by Little John
Hey paul do you run any diffrent rotors in your motor also how do you like it is it torquey all high end or simply a good balance? Thanks Paul!!!!!
I run the strong purple rotor in my mod TC. for me it is the only one to use. from their i tone down the speedo, gear accordigly and use a little negitive throttle expo to make it drive smooth. maybe -10%,

Thanks

Originally Posted by CraigM
'grats on the win Paul, would love to see your setup when you have time, your car looked dialled in the couple of vids I've seen
Hi, Thanks. The set up went on line today.

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Hey Paul,
Congratulations on your 2011 ROAR On-Road Championship win this past weekend at Jackson, NJ.

Like always, Randy and I are ecstatic to be at the same event with you. Even better, to run in the same class. Thanks again for the XRAY pinion to get us going again in MOD TC.

One more thanks.
Thanks for all the help, coaching, tips, and smiles over the past 4 years as we met paths at different races. The tips at the Wisconsin TCS event were invaluable for rubber on carpet racing.

Randy is going to put down RC racing for a while while he goes off to college. Time goes fast. It was just yesterday, Randy was sliding around with a silver can motor in a TA05 to this past weekend running MOD on the RC/American team in a National event.

Thanks to you, XRAY, and RC/America for the support over the years.

BTW, we still have the painted TC body you gave us back in 2007 as a souvenir.

The best going away present was when Randy tucked in behind you (his mentor) at the 3:45 mark and got the ride of his life.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

), Thanks for all the kind words. randy did awesome at the race and really showed some speed over the weekend. Maybe i should be glad he is taking some time off , JK. Tell him Good luck at school!!. Im sure we will be running together again sooner or later.

see ya!

Originally Posted by Kraig
Hey Paul, congrats on your victory!

I have to ask you this though. After such a big win do you ever feel like going out to the start finish line and giving it a kiss? You know, like the winners do at Indy.

I will wait patiently for your response. Thank you.
Hi Kraig!. Definately not LOL.
What they dont tell you at Indy is that a lot of the loosers over the years have urinated on that start finish line. LOL.
BTW, i dont know if thats true.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L

Hi Kraig!. Definately not LOL.
What they dont tell you at Indy is that a lot of the loosers over the years have urinated on that start finish line. LOL.
BTW, i dont know if thats true.

That Tony Stewart, what a sore loser.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
That Tony Stewart, what a sore loser.
Forget Tony Stewart...I think that one of the Andretti clan either pukes or... on it. Man that place really owes them
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Paul, mind giving me the following info from paved nats? Thanks, and congratulations on the win!

Chassis:
Motor: Brand (turns)
ESC:
Battery:
Body:
Tire: (1/12 only)
Sauce:
Radio:
Charger:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi, Thanks. The set up went on line today.
Have looked at that setup and seen the footage.

Why the extremes of roll centres front and rear, what did these give you over standard 0.00 RC's?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 08-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey Paul, mind giving me the following info from paved nats? Thanks, and congratulations on the win!

Chassis:
Motor: Brand (turns)
ESC:
Battery:
Body:
Tire: (1/12 only)
Sauce:
Radio:
Charger:
No problem:
Xray T311
Thunderpower Z3R 4.0
LRP sxx TC
Thunderpower 5200 65C
Protoform Mazda Speed 6
Liquid Gravity LG2 sauce
Futaba 4pk super
Thunderpower 620 AC/DC charger.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Have looked at that setup and seen the footage.

Why the extremes of roll centres front and rear, what did these give you over standard 0.00 RC's?

Thanks
Skiddins
Hi, I was fighting for forward traction with the car in practice. I thought that the high rear roll center blocks would keep the rear end a little flatter threw the corner which could help the car accelorate coming off better. I would have done more testing with it but normally at a big race i try and not change my car much after qualifing starts. so in the end i just focused on being comfortible driving it however it was. it seemed to work pretty well but im not saying that it is my best set up ever.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Awesome, thanks!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Paul, how would you gear a 5.5 Octa Wind for the Coliseum?(2009 Paved Nats Track)

Thanks and Congrats!

Sam
Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by samstheman2
Paul, how would you gear a 5.5 Octa Wind for the Coliseum?(2009 Paved Nats Track)

Thanks and Congrats!

Sam
Hi Sam, For that track i would start at a 116/26, That will be safe for sure, if it is not fast enough try a 27 pinion, that would Not be over geared iether.

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Smile Liquid Gravity LG2 sauce

Hi Paul,

Can I know where I can buy this to try? I try RCamerica but not listed in their website.

Rgds
Simon Yew
Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default lg

Nexusracing.com shows both in stock if RCA is out.

Later,
Darrald
Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey Paul, it was nice watching you race again at jackson, congrats on the win!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.