Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Ross71
That may not be the finished item !!!
Exactly
Old 06-12-2011, 06:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
Sure hope they fixed the breaking fuel tank issue!! Running a gas tank with foam under it is cheeeezy!
not as cheezy as frying servos left and right......
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
I have run the same servos on this truck for almost 3 years with no problems and don't really limit EPA's so I am not sure what you mean. The fuel tank I suppport with a carbon fiber plate and have eliminated that problem as well.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

He is talking about another manufacture. Boy i dont run a Kyosho and knew what he was saying! LOL
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

I get it now I am out on this one!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

hahaha....all good

Im not running nitro this summer, I am only racing my fs2 4wheeler indoor with AC, LOL! here is my old St-RR....this truck was very, very good. BUT, dont ever try the Xtreme towers, THEY WILL BREAK.....I was leading a race amongst some very good local drivers and I was going around a off camber turn just running my line and my front end sagged all the way to the ground, something broke....I get to pit and the front tower has split right where the camber links attached on BOTH sides.....A few grams of shaved weight is not worth the loss of structural integrity the Kyosho stock towers provide(the Xtreme radio tray, diff plate and steering top plate were all fine) I am glad to see the blue gone....curious to see how this batch of hardcoat turns out....Maybe the new truck will get me back into nitro...haha!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGuam
Pictures of the Truggy

My next truggy. I will change out the hinge pins, but that is my next truggy.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
touche
Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Those truggies looked dialed, and the guys at the nats were damn fast.

Actually thinking about getting one, but I have serious reservations about spending $1000-1200 on a truggy, only to go aftermarket to eliminate e-clips on the hinge pins. If I drop that kind of coin, I'd better not have to add anything but the normal engine, wheels/tires, electronics, and maintenance stuff.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ruune
Those truggies looked dialed, and the guys at the nats were damn fast.

Actually thinking about getting one, but I have serious reservations about spending $1000-1200 on a truggy, only to go aftermarket to eliminate e-clips on the hinge pins. If I drop that kind of coin, I'd better not have to add anything but the normal engine, wheels/tires, electronics, and maintenance stuff.
Not to mention even this is an updated MP777. It might perform but its still seriously outdated.
Still dont understand why they havent made a truggy version of the MP9
Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lilja
Not to mention even this is an updated MP777. It might perform but its still seriously outdated.
Still dont understand why they havent made a truggy version of the MP9
because these drive train components are strong enough to handle the abuse of a truggy, and it's still winning

We have some of the new parts for testing, but we don't have a kit yet. Not sure when the kit will be here. I believe the tank issue is finally resolved. We sat down and talked about it at length. There will be some strengthening under the flanged area of the tank to make it stronger.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pitpop
because these drive train components are strong enough to handle the abuse of a truggy, and it's still winning

We have some of the new parts for testing, but we don't have a kit yet. Not sure when the kit will be here. I believe the tank issue is finally resolved. We sat down and talked about it at length. There will be some strengthening under the flanged area of the tank to make it stronger.
Really? Cause Im fairly sure Maifield won the truck ROAR nationals and as far as I know he isnt a kyosho driver

And just because a truck/car is good doesnt mean you shouldnt try and make it better. Or are you saying the MP9 drivetrain is weak?
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

The rc8t was built using the st-rr and both Ryan M and Ryan C probably won more races using the RR than they have with the rc8t
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lilja
Really? Cause Im fairly sure Maifield won the truck ROAR nationals and as far as I know he isnt a kyosho driver

And just because a truck/car is good doesnt mean you shouldnt try and make it better. Or are you saying the MP9 drivetrain is weak?
hey look mom, it's one of those two bit flame artists that know I can't speak my mind about the stuff they regurgitated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.