KYOSHO TRUGGY

Reply

Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 AM
  #31  
Tech Regular
 
Ross71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 430
Default

That may not be the finished item !!!
Ross71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:30 AM
  #32  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 2,557
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ross71 View Post
That may not be the finished item !!!
Exactly
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:39 AM
  #33  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (203)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,323
Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich View Post
Sure hope they fixed the breaking fuel tank issue!! Running a gas tank with foam under it is cheeeezy!
not as cheezy as frying servos left and right......
Trevor Williams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 AM
  #34  
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
not as cheezy as frying servos left and right......
I have run the same servos on this truck for almost 3 years with no problems and don't really limit EPA's so I am not sure what you mean. The fuel tank I suppport with a carbon fiber plate and have eliminated that problem as well.
pntmachine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 AM
  #35  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Brandon Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 294
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

He is talking about another manufacture. Boy i dont run a Kyosho and knew what he was saying! LOL
Brandon Black is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 AM
  #36  
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

I get it now I am out on this one!
pntmachine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:31 AM
  #37  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (203)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,323
Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)
Default

hahaha....all good

Im not running nitro this summer, I am only racing my fs2 4wheeler indoor with AC, LOL! here is my old St-RR....this truck was very, very good. BUT, dont ever try the Xtreme towers, THEY WILL BREAK.....I was leading a race amongst some very good local drivers and I was going around a off camber turn just running my line and my front end sagged all the way to the ground, something broke....I get to pit and the front tower has split right where the camber links attached on BOTH sides.....A few grams of shaved weight is not worth the loss of structural integrity the Kyosho stock towers provide(the Xtreme radio tray, diff plate and steering top plate were all fine) I am glad to see the blue gone....curious to see how this batch of hardcoat turns out....Maybe the new truck will get me back into nitro...haha!



Trevor Williams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
  #38  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGuam View Post
Pictures of the Truggy




My next truggy. I will change out the hinge pins, but that is my next truggy.
Bigedmond is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 AM
  #39  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
not as cheezy as frying servos left and right......
touche
SupermaxxRich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
  #40  
Tech Fanatic
 
Ruune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 891
Default

Those truggies looked dialed, and the guys at the nats were damn fast.

Actually thinking about getting one, but I have serious reservations about spending $1000-1200 on a truggy, only to go aftermarket to eliminate e-clips on the hinge pins. If I drop that kind of coin, I'd better not have to add anything but the normal engine, wheels/tires, electronics, and maintenance stuff.
Ruune is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
  #41  
Tech Regular
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 402
Default

Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
Those truggies looked dialed, and the guys at the nats were damn fast.

Actually thinking about getting one, but I have serious reservations about spending $1000-1200 on a truggy, only to go aftermarket to eliminate e-clips on the hinge pins. If I drop that kind of coin, I'd better not have to add anything but the normal engine, wheels/tires, electronics, and maintenance stuff.
Not to mention even this is an updated MP777. It might perform but its still seriously outdated.
Still dont understand why they havent made a truggy version of the MP9
Lilja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM
  #42  
Tech Master
 
pitpop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
Not to mention even this is an updated MP777. It might perform but its still seriously outdated.
Still dont understand why they havent made a truggy version of the MP9
because these drive train components are strong enough to handle the abuse of a truggy, and it's still winning

We have some of the new parts for testing, but we don't have a kit yet. Not sure when the kit will be here. I believe the tank issue is finally resolved. We sat down and talked about it at length. There will be some strengthening under the flanged area of the tank to make it stronger.
pitpop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM
  #43  
Tech Regular
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 402
Default

Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
because these drive train components are strong enough to handle the abuse of a truggy, and it's still winning

We have some of the new parts for testing, but we don't have a kit yet. Not sure when the kit will be here. I believe the tank issue is finally resolved. We sat down and talked about it at length. There will be some strengthening under the flanged area of the tank to make it stronger.
Really? Cause Im fairly sure Maifield won the truck ROAR nationals and as far as I know he isnt a kyosho driver

And just because a truck/car is good doesnt mean you shouldnt try and make it better. Or are you saying the MP9 drivetrain is weak?
Lilja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
  #44  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
Jammin57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,374
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

The rc8t was built using the st-rr and both Ryan M and Ryan C probably won more races using the RR than they have with the rc8t
Jammin57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 PM
  #45  
Tech Master
 
pitpop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,445
Default

Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
Really? Cause Im fairly sure Maifield won the truck ROAR nationals and as far as I know he isnt a kyosho driver

And just because a truck/car is good doesnt mean you shouldnt try and make it better. Or are you saying the MP9 drivetrain is weak?
hey look mom, it's one of those two bit flame artists that know I can't speak my mind about the stuff they regurgitated...
pitpop is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service