Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Initiate

haha, I meant the other Mark. Just come by the shop sometime and take a look at it.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sure John just send me a pm here or an email to [email protected]. Is Eric going to cut "stiffer" chassis lol. I havent run the car since snowbirds but I am thinking of running it more in the near future.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul Ohlsen
I ran mine for the first time this last weekend. I like it a lot. It looks like I'm running the battery in a little different place than most.
And I should be surprised for what reason?

It looks like I will be down to race Thursday night on road, as I have some "Stuff" to deliver and need to re-set up my on road cars. So bring the WGT car to race.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Just back from the Super Stock Nationals in Albuquerque, and was able to put the 1/10 & 1/12 Blur's into the A-mains. Nick was there with Johns 1/10 Blur and got it the A-main as well, but his car was a handfull on the track.

Traction was interesting, but somewhat similar to what our track in Denver did back a few years ago. For the WGT race was off from 4th and by turn 2 was in 1st which I stretched to almost 1/2 lap lead when the track started to change and shorted a corner, came out still in the lead, but with 2nd and 3rd on my tail and the car was just not the same. Limped it home to 4th and found that one of the side links broke the low roll center CRC pivot ball.

This is a known issue with these, but I made a change in the height of links for rear traction, and did not do what I usually do in making sure I have the correct size screw so it is just below the top of the pivot. (have been putting a screw in place, marking and then cutting it off just below the mark) With this, I will find the ball has broken off in the side link (I'm using an adjustable link with a closed in top) but it still works as the base is screwed to the ball.

I'm going to talk with Eric this week and see if we can come up with a better pivot to keep this from happening. Saw what is on the Top 1/12 scale car and I like it.

As to the chassis, I'm still running the proto type. Nick was on the new chassis, and not sure if it was his chassis settings or what, but my car was very good, running fast laps with John (runs the track) and Joe Trandel. With a more flexi chassis his car should have worked better for this track. Actually would have loved to try my old I-Fource, as it probably would have been perfect for this track.

1/12 scale car was running good. Not in the class with Kevin Heber, Mike Haynes, EJ Evans, Max Kuening ........ god there were a lot of great racers at this even. Put my car behind Sean Cochran and just tried to keep out of the way, as I was not going to push the car with the traction we had (broke a bottom motor plate in practice). Pulled the car with a min or two left and watched the leaders duke it out.

All in all a very good weekend of racing. ....... Had dinner with Team Associated, ........ spent time with EJ from Top, I like their new 1/12 scale car, .........Kenny Lambert with Tekin, my 13.5's were very fast for this track as I was not motored by anyone in either class. ......... Stealth van was loaded each day going to the track. Also, thanks to Adam Brown for riding with me as it made the trip much more fun than driving by my self and he is the reason EJ was pitting with us.

Off to run oval at the BRL race in Omaha in two weeks and then back to CORRC for our Carpet Classic April 15 - 17. So, Mr Burt ...... how about traveling to Colorado for Thurs - Sunday and doing a factory test .... tune .... Race. I'll cover the room, as I will be staying in Denver for the race.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grenade10
And I should be surprised for what reason?

It looks like I will be down to race Thursday night on road, as I have some "Stuff" to deliver and need to re-set up my on road cars. So bring the WGT car to race.
I have Thursday off. Ill be down after a parts run to FTC. I need some ride height adjusters for the rear. Im changing the power plant to a Black Diamond and different motor for Montana.

I ran it up in South Dakota between races and broke it.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

I have Thursday off. Ill be down after a parts run to FTC. I need some ride height adjusters for the rear. Im changing the power plant to a Black Diamond and different motor for Montana.

I ran it up in South Dakota between races and broke it.
If all you need is the adjusters, I have 4+ new sets and CDee would have some as well ....... unless there is something else that you need.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grenade10
If all you need is the adjusters, I have 4+ new sets and CDee would have some as well ....... unless there is something else that you need.
I think thats all i need. I haven't seen chris in a few weeks. I have broken 2 in the last week.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

I think thats all i need. I haven't seen chris in a few weeks. I have broken 2 in the last week.
So, see me at the track and if I get down early I'll leave a set at your pit space.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been running my WGT now for a few weeks and its really starting to get good. I'm currently running the cell across the middle which is probably not the norm but I'm planning on running it down the centre for our next meeting. I changed the centre spring to AE gold and this really calmed the car down enough to qualify 3rd and win the A so its definitely on the pace. Just waiting for a few new bits to arrive from E for testing. I will post some pics up.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tim fry
Been running my WGT now for a few weeks and its really starting to get good. I'm currently running the cell across the middle which is probably not the norm but I'm planning on running it down the centre for our next meeting. I changed the centre spring to AE gold and this really calmed the car down enough to qualify 3rd and win the A so its definitely on the pace. Just waiting for a few new bits to arrive from E for testing. I will post some pics up.
Tim, nice job

The battery across the car does seem to work well as it does transfer some weight through a corner. You might also look as moving the esc behind the battery and the battery up against the stand off for the shock mount (same as cener battery) . This works on the carpet.

If you need any other help post here or send me a pm. Always glad to help.

And as Eric puts it, if Mark can get fast this car must be great!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You should have them any day.

-Eric
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
You should have them any day.

-Eric
Thanks Eric looking forward to some testing.

Heres my car
Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Ran the car today and it performed excellently. I didnt get time to change the battery to down the centre that I planned to do but I did get time to fit the 10 deg front blocks and this really gave the car the turn in I was looking for.

Will be trying some different front end parts next time.

Really loving the car and must invest in the 12th
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ran the car today and it performed excellently. I didnt get time to change the battery to down the centre that I planned to do but I did get time to fit the 10 deg front blocks and this really gave the car the turn in I was looking for.

Will be trying some different front end parts next time.

Really loving the car and must invest in the 12th
Good to hear! Let me know when you're ready for the 1.12 chassis

-E
Old 03-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

I heard there was a new Darkside 1/12th chassis...have looked back through this thread and on the Darkside website and was unable to find any pics...is there somewhere I can check out what it looks like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.