Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Thanks P-Dub!

Brian, if you have been racing a while you must remember when XT-R came out, then Losi Silver and Gold, M2, Then.....well here we are with plenty of choices......lol.

I remember running front tires with no foams to get more steering. I also remember cutting the pins down on 4 rows and X-patterns for harder packed tracks, which only came around when major events came to town. I also remember 3 peice wheels to keep costs down, since wheels were $4.00 a pair and saving them helped pay for tires which only lasted a month or two.

Good times. haha

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
Old 06-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I remember the schumacher 6 rows...some that had a blue dot were a little softer than the rest
And they had that goofy 1 rib and 1 row of pin for 2wd front
Jammin step pins
Kyosho square(diamond)shaped steps
My favorite 2wd tire was the losi micro pin
Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Yup, good tires. I also liked the Ifmar step pins, they were all the rage once they allowed 2.2 inch wheels. At that time 2.0 was the biggest allowed and the 1.5's had been all but phased out.

Shame, they looked so much more realistic. But super soft XT-R and Gold rubber required larger wheels and less sidewall for consistent handling.

Weird how it starts off about realism, then after the competitive edge gets involved it ends up being only about lap times before long.

Keep an eye on the Slash class, some are already running 1/8th wheels and tires, lmao.

I sold mine.

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
Old 06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Illuzion – Dare – Associated SC10 body
Part # - 0082
(Direct fit for Associated SC10)

Click here to order yours today

Where can I get the rims for the slash? I cannot find them on the website.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bfutura15
Where can I get the rims for the slash? I cannot find them on the website.
Those wheels are for the SC10 and should be available very soon. We will also have Slash wheels, but they will be a little later .
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Thanks P-Dub!

Brian, if you have been racing a while you must remember when XT-R came out, then Losi Silver and Gold, M2, Then.....well here we are with plenty of choices......lol.

I remember running front tires with no foams to get more steering. I also remember cutting the pins down on 4 rows and X-patterns for harder packed tracks, which only came around when major events came to town. I also remember 3 peice wheels to keep costs down, since wheels were $4.00 a pair and saving them helped pay for tires which only lasted a month or two.

Good times. haha

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
Originally Posted by clintscreations
I remember the schumacher 6 rows...some that had a blue dot were a little softer than the rest
And they had that goofy 1 rib and 1 row of pin for 2wd front
Jammin step pins
Kyosho square(diamond)shaped steps
My favorite 2wd tire was the losi micro pin
LOL.....you guys are dating yourselves with this old tire tech info I've mentioned those tires to the "young guns" at the track and they're like "how could you drive your cars with tires that hard?"
Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 AM
PW
Tech Elite

New from JConcepts:

I dare you. The challenge everyone has faced including JConcepts. JConcepts dares to be different with the latest introduction for the Slash, the Dare body. Cut through desert type terrain like never before with the latest style JConcepts has to offer.

The Dare is different and specifically designed for the hottest truck in R/C - the Traxxas Slash. As the saying goes, if it looks good, than it runs good. Well JConcepts has taken that saying to higher ground with the Dare – Slash body. Starting with the visor and grill mock lights this truck appears to be headed in the right direction. The Dare represents the latest in trends by offering a completely redesigned off-road truck body. The cab, bed and fenders are all areas of focus on the Dare and without disappointment the new Slash body slides into the front of the pack. In addition, one of the highlights of the styling cues includes extra fender clearance to eliminate troublesome tire rubbing issues.

Everyone knows that the Slash is all about fun and the inevitable Dare from the competition. Be the first, top off your Slash with the new body by JConcepts, I dare you.

Features:

Original JConcepts – Dare desert based styling
Off-road inspired body, cab and window design
Realistic visor and grill mock lights with decals
Clear heavy-duty polycarbonate with protective film
Window masks and detailed decal sheet
Extra wheel well clearance for more consistent performance

Illuzion – Dare – Traxxas Slash body
Part # - 0086
Retail price - $40.00
(Direct fit for Traxxas Slash)

Old 06-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some fresh paint to add to the thread (well one I had done over a week ago, but I am just now posting pic's)

One is the hi-flow T4 shell, the other is for the XXX-NT

Last edited by carbon madness; 06-26-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Very nice work!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

P-Dub, is the Dare body as good on the track as the Truth? I am concerned about the wieght of the entire cooling system, radiators and fans, etc. being so high up on the truck. Not to mention the weight of the added lighting on the roof and hood?

I'll have to have a desert body and a short course body, since 1,000 miles is a long way without proper lighting.

lol

...Jim
W.E.D.
Get Faster Gear
Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

What’s the release date for the 1/16 e-revo/slash lids? The mini revo craze is uncontrollable sounds like its gonna be the new big winter indoor class with all the 10th scale buggy tire choices out there...i know my home track is buzzing hardcore on this
Old 06-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Does the RC8 scoopless body fit well on the RC8E or does the battery interfere with the mounting?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Does the RC8 scoopless body fit well on the RC8E or does the battery interfere with the mounting?
Anyone??
Old 06-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Sorry, but the RC8 Scoopless body will not fit the RC8E. With the Batteries in the car, the left side of the body will rub and be lifted up. JC makes a great RC8E body that even fits better than the stock RC8E body.

Checkout the RC8E Body here: http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=302
Old 06-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nsr250repsol
Sorry, but the RC8 Scoopless body will not fit the RC8E. With the Batteries in the car, the left side of the body will rub and be lifted up. JC makes a great RC8E body that even fits better than the stock RC8E body.

Checkout the RC8E Body here: http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=302
Thanks for the answer. I'm already using the JC body, but I wanted to give the scoopless body a try. I just don't want it sitting up high on top of the batteries. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.