Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Rick Hohwart

Hey Rick, just going thru some old issues of rc car mags, and when they profiled you when you where running the MSX what tape are you using to hold the cells in, whats the name and where can it be bought? Thanks JW.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
I expected more from AE than this.
Sadly it's what I've come to expect. No wonder they didn't want pictures to get out...the car is utterly unimpressive.

Maybe they will pull something magical out and come up with some innovation that we haven't seen before. As of now, this car is a total non-starter for me.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hey Rick, just going thru some old issues of rc car mags, and when they profiled you when you where running the MSX what tape are you using to hold the cells in, whats the name and where can it be bought? Thanks JW.
Do you mean the blue tape? Hmmm I am not sure where it somes from. It was given to me by another Tamiya driver but I think it is made by Tamiya. You can surely buy it directly from Tamiya.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Sadly it's what I've come to expect. No wonder they didn't want pictures to get out...the car is utterly unimpressive.

Maybe they will pull something magical out and come up with some innovation that we haven't seen before. As of now, this car is a total non-starter for me.
Didn't anyone ever teach you guys not to judge a book by its cover?

This car is a prototype built for function rather than form and is only a representation of what the production version will look like. And trust me, it will look as high tech and impressive as any of its competitors.

Regardless, the car handles extremely well, is very easy to drive, and easy to maintain. When you factor in excellent spare parts availability at economical prices, you have a winner.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Rick Hohwart

Thanks for the info, I'll try that. JW.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Didn't anyone ever teach you guys not to judge a book by its cover?

This car is a prototype built for function rather than form and is only a representation of what the production version will look like. And trust me, it will look as high tech and impressive as any of its competitors.

Regardless, the car handles extremely well, is very easy to drive, and easy to maintain. When you factor in excellent spare parts availability at economical prices, you have a winner.
Like I said Rick, I hope you guys have some magic hidden in there somewhere. I've been a long time AE fan (since the first RC10).
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Thanks for the info, I'll try that. JW.
This is what alot of the guys use here in SoCal..
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=327&id=835
Hope that helps,
They have other colors as well.
-Shookie <><

Oh and all the haters....
Like Rick said Just wait,
Ae has always put out quality and a race winning performance for many years.
I have seen the car in action and yes it is as fast and any other TC out there...
Excited to see when it gets to full production..
Old 10-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slotcarrod
Looks like a 007 clone with blue shocks!

If you want to get better, you must copy the best and improve from there!
Hmmm didnt this prototype come out before the '007? Maybe the '007 copied off this? LOL!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Boy... tough crowd If the car was radically different than the norm.. like the JRSX... everyone would bash the car and say it wont work and it should be more like the other cars... if it follows the form of the popular cars everyone cries thats its not different and its just a clone
Old 10-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
Boy... tough crowd If the car was radically different than the norm.. like the JRSX... everyone would bash the car and say it wont work and it should be more like the other cars... if it follows the form of the popular cars everyone cries thats its not different and its just a clone
Jim, you just hit the nail on the head!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
The Evicerator

Rick Dawg, you racing tomorrow??
Old 10-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
Finally someone that makes sense.

When we did the TC3 and it's shaft drive configuration, everyone said it was a bad idea...like the Tenth Technology Predator. When it worked and started winning, everyone copied it, or made their versions of it. Shaft drive is proving NOT to be so superior and now that we are trying to get into the belt drive config, there are HOW MANY TC companies out there????? Let's see.

Tamiya
Hot Bodies/HPI
Losi
Corally
XRay
Kyosho
Yokomo
and more?!?!?!?

Don't these cars already sort of resemble one another (ok, except the Losi, but it does have 4 wheels, 2 belts, 2 diffs, dogbones, a motor plate, etc etc).

Point is, everyone already has a dialed in belt car. We don't. We NEED one...the problem is getting something on the market that WORKS, not just releasing something that looks different and sucks ass on the track. We're not a suck-ass-on-the-track company. So, yeah, it may resemble the top-notch cars but that's what works. And that will get us in the winners circle...well, HOPEFULLY that will get us in the winners circle!!!!

Now, for our NEXT TC we can do something different....something out of the ordinary and be ok....we'll have our 'winning' design already established.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Rick Dawg, you racing tomorrow??
Yes
Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I hope AE will look at all the small design details that...

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Finally someone that makes sense.

When we did the TC3 and it's shaft drive configuration, everyone said it was a bad idea...like the Tenth Technology Predator. When it worked and started winning, everyone copied it, or made their versions of it. Shaft drive is proving NOT to be so superior and now that we are trying to get into the belt drive config, there are HOW MANY TC companies out there????? Let's see.

Tamiya
Hot Bodies/HPI
Losi
Corally
XRay
Kyosho
Yokomo
and more?!?!?!?

Don't these cars already sort of resemble one another (ok, except the Losi, but it does have 4 wheels, 2 belts, 2 diffs, dogbones, a motor plate, etc etc).

Point is, everyone already has a dialed in belt car. We don't. We NEED one...the problem is getting something on the market that WORKS, not just releasing something that looks different and sucks ass on the track. We're not a suck-ass-on-the-track company. So, yeah, it may resemble the top-notch cars but that's what works. And that will get us in the winners circle...well, HOPEFULLY that will get us in the winners circle!!!!

Now, for our NEXT TC we can do something different....something out of the ordinary and be ok....we'll have our 'winning' design already established.
make a TC great. The TC5 or whatever it is has the same old shocks and they are mounted the same. Given it's not the production car, I'll hold off on my judgement, but I hope AE will think about every design feature of the car. My biggest complaint was with the diffs, how offten they needed to be rebuilt for carpet and no exturnal diff adjustments. Just my opinion, but why not be the first to make a purpose built lipo car? Use the Orion spec pack for a standard and Novak brushless.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
make a TC great. The TC5 or whatever it is has the same old shocks and they are mounted the same.
As is every other car. Or, we can hold off production of the car another couple months while we make a different threaded shock!?!??! For the purpose of this car, the stock shocks work great, especially with the addition of the bladder cap.

Just my opinion, but why not be the first to make a purpose built lipo car? Use the Orion spec pack for a standard and Novak brushless.
That's a whole DIFFERENT discussion. Maybe on the next car if LiPos (or whatever optional battery setup) are more common we might just do that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.